「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #94,638 of 177,750
What.

First there was the episode zero of kyousogiga that made no sense whatsoever, and now they're doing an episode 5.5 where the seiyuus of all the female characters are visiting a temple IRL.

I don't even.

Nov 11, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #94,639 of 177,750
What da ya mean, 'fake'?

Look at my title. 
rolleyes.gif

But in all seriousness, congrats Vortex.

Nov 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #94,640 of 177,750
Happy birthday Borisu! Well I said it on Skype and I'll say it again here...
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope you find time to celebrate it
redface.gif

Bowei's megapost is... well... mega
blink.gif

---------------

Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea felt a lot shorter than I expected and so much is left unexplained
blink.gif
But awesome music is awesome
smily_headphones1.gif
If only I watched it in the day over speakers tomorrow... that was the plan but I somehow woke up sober as a stone in the middle of the night
blink.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #94,641 of 177,750
What did you guys thought of Children Who Chase Lost Voices film?

Weirdly though, even with all of its beautiful animation, I didn't get the same emotions as other Makoto Shinkai's movies. It still is an excellent movie but I feel that it lacked something in the story.

Maybe because during my vacation in Paris, I found the Manga version of the film at a book store and bought them. The story is roughly same but told from a different perspective. Rather than being told from Asuna's side, it is told from the brothers perspective and also explains the relationship between Shin and Shun as well as why they are so fascinated by stars.

I felt a lot more touched emotionally with the manga than the movie. A tear came out from my eye when I finished reading the two volumes. Maybe it's this brotherly love thing that I have a soft spot for.

BTW, the Manga is called Hoshi Wo o Ou Kodomo: Agartha no Shounen which sadly is not translated nor scanlated in English but I read the French version (Les Enfants d'Agartha, litt: Children of Agartha) and it was truly beautiful.

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #94,642 of 177,750
Hey there guys, I'm a newbie to these parts around here, hope we can get along well! (宜しくなー)

I watched the Children Who Chase Lost Voices at an anime expo way back in Malaysia with a close friend of mine. That was a great film, with fantasy themes which you'd expect from a Ghibli production being centre-stage and of course, human elements which really do resonate with even the stoniest of us! (Ahaha, haha, ha.. I cried a little for the first time in a very long time then.)

I didn't know there was a manga! That's pretty cool, I may just check that out (though I always seem to go for short series anime instead of movies :|).

Hope you guys can pardon me for my slow replies (if any); I'm really (at least, I claim to be) quite busy with studies and life away from home for the first time ever!
.. It's already been two months, though._. Haha the real reason is that I only have a smartphone on me, no laptop or PC so I even come to uni just to study. (At least, I try to.)

Any of you self-studying Japanese?! : OOOOOOOOO

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #94,643 of 177,750
  Happy birthday Borisu! Well I said it on Skype and I'll say it again here...
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope you find time to celebrate it
redface.gif

Bowei's megapost is... well... mega
blink.gif

---------------

Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea felt a lot shorter than I expected and so much is left unexplained
blink.gif
But awesome music is awesome
smily_headphones1.gif
If only I watched it in the day over speakers tomorrow... that was the plan but I somehow woke up sober as a stone in the middle of the night
blink.gif

mega is a small word :)

Poppy Hill left me with mixed feelings but overall, I liked it a lot.

Especially in how subtle but real it dealt with their romance.

What did you guys thought of Children Who Chase Lost Voices film?

Weirdly though, even with all of its beautiful animation, I didn't get the same emotions as other Makoto Shinkai's movies. It still is an excellent movie but I feel that it lacked something in the story.

Maybe because during my vacation in Paris, I found the Manga version of the film at a book store and bought them. The story is roughly same but told from a different perspective. Rather than being told from Asuna's side, it is told from the brothers perspective and also explains the relationship between Shin and Shun as well as why they are so fascinated by stars.

I felt a lot more touched emotionally with the manga than the movie. A tear came out from my eye when I finished reading the two volumes. Maybe it's this brotherly love thing that I have a soft spot for.

BTW, the Manga is called Hoshi Wo o Ou Kodomo: Agartha no Shounen which sadly is not translated nor scanlated in English but I read the French version (Les Enfants d'Agartha, litt: Children of Agartha) and it was truly beautiful.

Yeah, many said that about that film. 

I'm gonna watch the movie soon :)

5 Cm Per Second, and Voices of a Distant Star left me with the most feels and tears while Garden of Words left me with that feeling in your throat. 

The beautiful music brings it all together so so well. Shinkai knows his songs :)

Hey there guys, I'm a newbie to these parts around here, hope we can get along well! (宜しくなー)

I watched the Children Who Chase Lost Voices at an anime expo way back in Malaysia with a close friend of mine. That was a great film, with fantasy themes which you'd expect from a Ghibli production being centre-stage and of course, human elements which really do resonate with even the stoniest of us! (Ahaha, haha, ha.. I cried a little for the first time in a very long time then.)

I didn't know there was a manga! That's pretty cool, I may just check that out (though I always seem to go for short series anime instead of movies :|).

Hope you guys can pardon me for my slow replies (if any); I'm really (at least, I claim to be) quite busy with studies and life away from home for the first time ever!
.. It's already been two months, though._. Haha the real reason is that I only have a smartphone on me, no laptop or PC so I even come to uni just to study. (At least, I try to.)

HI HI!
I'm a newbie to this thread as well. I just started posting here last week. Help me out as well!

I would recommend Garden of Words and 5cm Per Second for some of Shinkai's best as the next film. The sheer amount of graphical animation quality in Garden of Words left me astounded while the scenary and style of 5cm per second left me in tears at the end with its story and characters.

Please note that this thread uses a fierce rule of no spoilers without usage of spoiler tags. Thanks :) I know you didn't but many newbies don't know this rule and end up posting something. (I'm not a newbie by the way)

Rikkun is self studying it I know :)

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #94,645 of 177,750

Welcome to Head-Fi, and this thread!

I have yet to watch "Children Who Chase Lost Voices," but I want to some day when I find the time and motivation. School and post-graduation plans have a priority over that though.

I've been trying to study Chinese instead of Japanese. XD

Congrats to Micey and Tracey for qualifying in the review samples!

That's what now? 4 people affiliated they who must not be named?

Thanks! It'll be interesting to see how they are. V-MODA does some rigorous testing with their cables, so I was curious as to why FiiO specifically targeted that one cable for the M-80 and M-100.

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #94,646 of 177,750

Welcome!

There are a few of us studying Japanese by ourselves. I may also soon be one. I know a person who has offered to teach me Japanese (that's if I teach him Spanish). He told me that if I get some basic vocabulary and know the 50 katakana and 50 hiragana, I can start reading a lot of things (since people are getting lazy with remembering traditional Chinese characters so they use kana as a substitute). So that sounds a bit hopeful to me (although I have to learn Chinese right now so...yup).

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #94,647 of 177,750

Herro!
Welcome to this miraculous place filled with Otaku shenanigans, pointless comments and a metric poop-ton of off-topic discussions.

Watch Garden of Words and 5cm per Second!

Please don't get discouraged by the stupid amount of comments in this thread. Sometimes it just goes into lightspeed mode. You really do not have to read through all of it or reply to everything.
Thread has been rather slow in the last few weeks...no idea why. Could it be that there is a life outside of Head-Fi? Most likely not.

I'm self-studying English :3

HI HI!
I'm a newbie to this thread as well. I just started posting here last week. Help me out as well!

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #94,649 of 177,750
Rikkun is self studying it I know :)

Not really anymore. Not enough time. :S
Or rather, uni is more important, and whatever free time is left after that I find better spent staring at a wall instead of doing even more studying.

If I get into the Kyoto university exchange program I'll study in the summer vacation though. Then I'll have 3 months of hardcore studying Japanese before I leave.

Self-studying English :3

Doesn't sound convincing. Your English is better than bowei's, and he's a native speaker.
Although it does explain why the majority of your facebook posts are in German.

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #94,650 of 177,750
Just woke up after 15 hours of awesome sleep (5 in car)(10 in bed)

Man, Feels good

Lol, nice.

In other news, I just spent the last two hours setting up flexget on my seedbox back at home (through SSH) so now my seedbox will automatically grab whatever series I tell it to.

I do think it's quite funny that I spent two hours setting up a program to do a task that usually took me about five minutes...

Isn't that normal?
Spending hours to marginally increase efficiency, effectively wasting time.

It's fun, that's all.

I often spend hours in minecraft automating something that will save me at best 10 minutes in total. :p

Holy crap... I just updated Macports (mac equivalent of apt-get) and it updates everything I installed with it....

I installed lots of useless crap with it.... (=_=)

Man, I hate it when stuff automatically updates. I personally prefer to just update everything manually because I don't want 90% of the updates happening.
When stuff updates it has the potential to break.

Panda went above and beyond with your birthday post :D

Makes me feel insignificant. When it was my birthday I don't at all remember him ever doing something so excessive.

Yup! Lol. This will be nice though because I won't have to remember to download all the new shows while I'm in class... :ph34r:

Probably because Bowei just felt like writing something up? Iono lol. It is arguable that Borisu has contributed a LOT to this thread through Project H and other various awesome things though.

Dang, just went through the Little Busters artbook I, uh, acquired. Must get physical copy later on in life.
Also, what VN should I play during winter break? I'm gonna be playing rewrite on my desktop, so I need something else to play when I'm back at home. I'm thinking either G senjou no maou or Ever 17. Suggestions?
Put another hour into Rewrite and I still feel like I'm practically nowhere in the story... >.>

G-sen!

Really? Even though you recommended me Ever 17 earlier?

Congrats to Micey and Tracey for qualifying in the review samples! 

That's what now? 4 people affiliated they who must not be named?

Yup! :ph34r:
And I'll be running the straight end cable from my Mad Dogs, that totally won't look weird, lololol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back