「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #76,276 of 177,744
anyone care to offer any opinions on the anime Attack on Titan  ?

I watched the first episode last night and maybe it wasn't too bad for some, but I found it kind of disturbing.  Im assuming the next episodes get even worse, but was wondering if this anime has anything enjoyable to offer outside of the horror factor.      

May 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #76,277 of 177,744
Quote:

I watched the first episode last night and maybe it wasn't too bad for some, but I found it kind of disturbing.  Im assuming the next episodes get even worse, but was wondering if this anime has anything enjoyable to offer outside of the horror factor.      

Define: disturbing
It's certainly different from any other anime I've ever seen before, but it's nowhere near as disturbing as what I've seen in Higurashi in terms of blood content.

May 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #76,278 of 177,744

High speed Spiderman action.

May 25, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #76,279 of 177,744

Lol, you need more desensitization if you thought shingekii episode 1 was bad... :wink:

May 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #76,280 of 177,744
I think its mainly the way the titans look that bothers me.   Blood and gore typically dont bother me.  I had no problem with elfen lied, which I thought was pretty gory (compared to what Ive seen).  maybe its the difference in animation or just the concept of people getting eaten.   

I realize its probably tame compared to a lot of animes out there.  just wondering if there is any other draw to the series besides the "horror factor" (however relatively tame it may be) 

May 25, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #76,281 of 177,744
Quote:
Lol, you need more desensitization if you thought shingekii episode 1 was bad...
wink.gif

It isn't bad, but then again I don't think of it as being the best (Shingeki as a whole). It is probably ranked somewhere in the middle of the 13 shows I'm watching this season.

May 25, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #76,282 of 177,744
I think its mainly the way the titans look that bothers me.   Blood and gore typically dont bother me.  I had no problem with elfen lied, which I thought was pretty gory (compared to what Ive seen).  maybe its the difference in animation or just the concept of people getting eaten.   

I realize its probably tame compared to a lot of animes out there.  just wondering if there is any other draw to the series besides the "horror factor" (however relatively tame it may be) 

The world itself, if I have to guess. At least that's for me. I want to know how they did come to where they are right now, and how did the Titans came to be. I read the manga too, so I have a few guesses of how Titans came to be now, but not really how in the first place.

May 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #76,283 of 177,744
Quote:
Oh so it's a case of SCIENCE!! then.

Quote:
Sigh, I think I am having anime ADHD today. I just watched an episode of K-ON!! For no reason... >_>
Haha, nice battle station!
I always click linkys too unless I'm pressed for time.
Just watched the latest henneko, wasn't too impressive tbh. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for the moe of that show. Oh well.
I just hope kuroneko isn't serious at the end of oreimo!
eek.gif

Not sure what will happen anymore
Quote:
o;asidhfliasgdfiulsagefkqwevfkyjavdkscgfilsgeilegvildbfkvlgdivbqeiarvfesvcukyadvfklaeigvibe hoooooooly schiiiiiiiiit taht was a good episode!!

its out!?

Thanks! 
Quote:

I like it :)

umm, i don't think there was
Quote:
High speed Spiderman action.

awesome short definition of it lol
Quote:

Oh I getcha. They don't look like Kaiju.

Spent the last 45 min learning how to and cooking pasta for my little bro and I.

It tasted quite good actually :)

May 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #76,285 of 177,744
Quote:
Such small portions Panda? For shame...

You didn't see the sushi boat I had 3 hours before this 
rolleyes.gif

I still have left overs in the fridge because I couldnt eat it all even with 2 other people.

I was literally stuffing my face. I nearly threw up afterwards because my mom made me 'eat just one more'. So they wouldn't go to waste.

May 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #76,286 of 177,744
Quote:
Quote:
Oh so it's a case of SCIENCE!! then.

Spent the last 45 min learning how to and cooking pasta for my little bro and I.

It tasted quite good actually :)

I was drinking some water and nearly spat it out upon seeing that .gif. Hahahahaha.

Nice pasta; looks pretty legit. Add some mushrooms, chopped onion, and garlic cloves in it next time. :D

Quote:
Quote:

The world itself, if I have to guess. At least that's for me. I want to know how they did come to where they are right now, and how did the Titans came to be. I read the manga too, so I have a few guesses of how Titans came to be now, but not really how in the first place.

I have a theory too: this experiment gone totally awry:
http://www.gulf-times.com/science/232/details/353887/breakthrough-reignites-fears-of-human-cloning

Cloning was so successful that mutations in DNA caused "normal" humans to grow much larger than normal. These "super humans" eventually turned against their creators since they were looked down upon in society so they started to wipe out the "regular" human race.

Titan's reactions:

May 25, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #76,287 of 177,744
Quote:
I was drinking some water and nearly spat it out upon seeing that .gif. Hahahahaha.

Nice pasta; looks pretty legit. Add some mushroom and garlic cloves in it next time. :D

I have a theory too: this experiment gone totally awry:
http://www.gulf-times.com/science/232/details/353887/breakthrough-reignites-fears-of-human-cloning

Cloning was so successful that mutations in DNA caused "normal" humans to grow much larger than normal. These "super humans" eventually turned against their creators since they were looked down upon in society so they started to wipe out the "regular" human race.

I nearly did the same the first time I saw that gif as well

This was my first time and it was a on the spot descision. I made do with whatever. I took pro tips online and made do with what I had

May 25, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #76,289 of 177,744
Quote:
It's sad that many of the children of today don't go outside and see the beauty of the world. It's a very beautiful place. 

Why would they need to? Google Earth or Google Maps, and COD/God of War/[insert violent "M-rated" games here that 12-year old kids play] are all kids need nowadays. :frowning2:

May 25, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #76,290 of 177,744
Quote:
You didn't see the sushi boat I had 3 hours before this 
rolleyes.gif

I still have left overs in the fridge because I couldnt eat it all even with 2 other people.

I was literally stuffing my face. I nearly threw up afterwards because my mom made me 'eat just one more'. So they wouldn't go to waste.

Azn parents.
It's all right just have another three chicken legs/steaks/entire cow...with three or four bowls of rice and at least as many vegetables. Mind you, I kinda missed my huge home portions when I was eating out in HK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back