「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 10, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #63,661 of 177,745
Quote:
Look out we got ourselves a masochist here. Assembly. 
wink.gif
 What are you going to be a electrical eng or something? Ha look guys we got ourselves a hardware geek here. Geez. *massive sarcasm here*

There fixed it. 
In my defense you look old. 
bigsmile_face.gif
 No offense. Old people have given numerous contributions to the world. Like zippers. And helicopters.

Quote:
I'm going to use Arduino programming to re-program the digital potentiometer of the C5, and for a potential school project once I get the Arduino Micro board. :)

You can do that with the C5?
Dang, now I can't wait to get it.

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #63,662 of 177,745
Quote:
Arduino is similar to C? I thought it was similar to Java except you need to initialise the various inputs from the Arduino board.
I'm going to use Arduino programming to re-program the digital potentiometer of the C5, and for a potential school project once I get the Arduino Micro board. :)

Arduino? I thought the C5 uses a ATMEGA chip (AVR architecture).
Can some one tell me what exactly Arduino is?

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #63,663 of 177,745
Quote:
There fixed it. 
In my defense you look old. 
bigsmile_face.gif
 No offense. Old people have given numerous contributions to the world. Like zippers. And helicopters.

Electronic not electrical, but yeah not computer science.

lol.......

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #63,664 of 177,745
Quote:
Arduino? I thought the C5 uses a ATMEGA chip (AVR architecture).
Can some one tell me what exactly Arduino is?

Arduinos are a AVR-based (well now it's ARM) board with additional components added to ease accessibility for learning. The software stack is based on Wiring - a platform that lends itself with similarities to C/C++ syntax. 

Grammar is poop.

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #63,665 of 177,745
Quote:
Arduinos are a AVR-based (well now it's ARM) board with additional components added to ease accessibility for learning. The software stack is based on Wiring - a platform that lends itself with similarities to C/C++ syntax. 

Grammar is poop.

oooohhh everything makes sense now :D
I thought it was a MCU architecture. lol

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #63,666 of 177,745
@mice
Is there an ISP port on the C5 PCB?
Pics?

I can't imagine why JDS would want you to mess with the firmware....
You can potentially kill the C5 by messing up the program and disabling the reset pin in the fuses....

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #63,667 of 177,745
Quote:
You can potentially kill the C5 by messing up the program and disabling the reset pin in the fuses....

Why?

And freedom and all that.

I need to get off and watch anime. Really.

That's another 95 post wasted yay

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #63,668 of 177,745
Quote:
@mice
Is there an ISP port on the C5 PCB?
Pics?

Yes there is an ISP port on the C5, but you have to solder and trim header pins yourself:

The C5's digital potentiometer code was released:
Quote:
In pursuit of retiring analog potentiometers in DIY HiFi, we’re releasing C5′s firmware under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license. Note that a 6-pin header and ISP programmer are required to write to C5. Enjoy!

And yay, Daylight Saving Time has arrived in my area. 'Nighty night [for real].

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #63,670 of 177,745
Quote:
Yes there is an ISP port on the C5, but you have to solder and trim header pins yourself:

The C5's digital potentiometer code was released:

And yay, Daylight Saving Time has arrived in my area. 'Nighty night [for real].

Looks fun :D
what are you going to do with it?

and how did you get your name on it?

oyasumi.

@Sakurasou 21

wow...... life sucks............ this is depressing.

Though I wanna play that vocaloid game :p

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #63,671 of 177,745
I need to get off Steins;Gate, been rewatching it too many times now. I had my eye on Clannad for a while now, might watch that.

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #63,673 of 177,745
Quote:
rewatch nonstop?
eek.gif

xD From start to finish I watched it 4 times. First time I saw it I watched 1 episode, continued non-stop until 12, then finished it off after an hour break. Rewatched it 3 times after that. Rewatched some random episodes.

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #63,674 of 177,745
Originally Posted by deloving /img/forum/go_quote.gif

xD From start to finish I watched it 4 times. First time I saw it I watched 1 episode, continued non-stop until 12, then finished it off after an hour break. Rewatched it 3 times after that. Rewatched some random episodes.

That's hardcore.

I'm cursed with the inability to rewatch any anime, as I lose interest instantly when trying to rewatch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back