「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 14, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #44,387 of 177,745
Quote:
I know, you've told me plenty of times.

Sort of curious about how they'll go about the pacing for tomorrow's release of SAO. Wondering if they'll cram a lot into one episode (and be like GC) or take their time and make things really interesting.

From the looks of what people have told me, it is kinda on schedule? Maybe. End it with V3 and it is love

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #44,388 of 177,745
Quote:
From the looks of what people have told me, it is kinda on schedule? Maybe. End it with V3 and it is love

I'm kinda wondering if they'd do an OVA of the Gun online portion of the LN.

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #44,389 of 177,745
Quote:
Sort of, even though we're an hour or so away and the shooter was already dead.

LOL, our school went on lockdown last week because someone was shooting at birds in their backyard about 3 blocks away from our school... >_<
By the way. I FREAKING HATE MTP ON MY ANDROID PHONE!!!!

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #44,390 of 177,745
Quote:
There is no direct way of doing that, unfortunately.
The next best thing is to leave the queue as is, and then queue the song you want to play.
Then use foo_queuecontents to move the song all the way up in the queue. Then it will play after the current song, and then when the song has finished playing, resume the regular queue.
Alternatively, you could store the current queue as a separate playlist. Then you load the song you want to play in a different playlist (or open the playlist it is in). Then play the song, and then requeue the original queue by right clicking the playlist in foo_playlist_manager and then -> contents -> add to playback queue.
Though in my opinion the first method is more elegant.

You kidding right?  Right click on the playlist tab, "add new playlist", done.  Or even just drag the song you want to play onto the empty area next to your current tab and a new tab will be created.  I have too many active playlists to count, I've got 3 rows of tabs even.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 14, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #44,391 of 177,745
Quote:
I'm kinda wondering if they'd do an OVA of the Gun online portion of the LN.

The gun one wasn't bad but it wouldn't fit into everything if they continued it. Plus they still need an anime budget. OVA's are included for free on BD released. They will be decreasing profits by 33% possibly(as they made 2LN's(Volume 2 was basically intergrated into anime as they were short stores in V1)
and it may not even make it back with increased popularity as the OVA would be all over the place and actually may make some not like it.

Imagine getting an awesome ending, and then getting an continuation of crap. Sure it would sell but it would leave a fowl taste to us non buyer of goods.

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #44,392 of 177,745
Doesn't mean there won't be a lot of people crying for stricter gun control...
It's not the gun that should be restricted, it's the idiot using it that should!

Progress at whatever has a higher chance of success. Getting rid of idiots? You find a way for that. Getting rid of guns? A more plausible option, no doubt.

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #44,393 of 177,745
Quote:
Progress at whatever has a higher chance of success. Getting rid of idiots? You find a way for that. Getting rid of guns? A more plausible option, no doubt.

I can't help but think that trying to get rid of guns isn't going to help the matter at all. It's only going to put more weapons on the black market.

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #44,394 of 177,745
Quote:

I think the fact is that reasponsible people are out there with guns, yes. But firearms have been a sign of 'Murican freedom for the past 300+ years. That may sound stupid but come on. The revolutionary war was started for even stupider reasons. 

We have a gang going with a gang leader. The gang leader "introduces" a new kid to the whole gang. They all play nice for a while and the new kid shows a lot of talent and brings in good money. He is a bit hard to reach though as he lives farther than the others do. As he brings in good dough and is a bit hard to reach, the gang leader just lets that kid go. But crap happens and that kid gets jumped by another gang so the gang leader comes and helps. Well, the gang leader and his boys that helped the new kid get banged up a bit and so they have some fees to pay. Well so with this whole incident, the gang leader decides to tighten the hold on the new kid more as it has been shown that he needs to keep an eye out. And he also wants a temporary(or not) larger share of that kids operations to make back some of those fees as you know, the leader helped. Well, that new kid erupts with anger as he has been given too much freedom and blah blah blah.

That is literally the American Revolution. Who wins wars rewrites history. That for one was quite an unjust war and also very hypocritical by today's standards.

So going back to the gun law. Yes. Murican's love their freedom. *sigh*

What is quite an astonishing thing is this article:
http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la-man-slashes-22-children-near-china-school-20121214,0,6383015.story

Basically another deranged dude showed up at an elementary schol in China and knifed a few kids. Well gues what. Like most countries in the world that aren't on the continent of Africa or S. America. Guns are hard to get if near impossible. This dude could only slash a few kids. Granted, not good but not a single person died. Some are in ER for heavy stitching but none the less. 

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #44,395 of 177,745
TMAC thread celebrates getting a lot of posts. Like we used to. And so:

Quote:
Quote:
At the height of anime thread power, we had 300 posts per day(on average) and 8 members(at most) to ever all make the daily top posters
Yes, but that thread is about something.  This thread is kind of like Seinfeld in the sense that it's really about nothing.  You have any idea how hard it is for us to make 113 posts about nothing?

LOLOLOLOLOL

If people only knew.......that this thread isn't exactly focused

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #44,396 of 177,745
You go on Head-fi during school hours?
Well if it's high school, I guess it's justified. But nowadays I always work my ass of during class, because otherwise I have to do stuff at home which is less effective because you don't have assistants whom you can ask questions.

Good kid. Work.
Math is an important class after all. Shouldn't slack.

Yeah during school hours using school internet :p but not that often I guess... 
Yup, high school life XD and yeah i tend to work better at school cause there are less distractions and less hw! 

Hurr hurr, it's the last week of school for the term/year so meh. However we are still doing things in maths so i guess i shouldn't...

God damn I feel like Mi goreng now...

+1 Love that unhealthy food 

That is some real hilarious stuff XD

Since we're already talking (in some twisted way) about politics...

What a coincidence XD lmao

Just found out about that Connecticut school tragedy. Sincerest condolences goes to the affected families. What has the world come to?

Oh wow...... America these days.....

They were an hour away from my school. Also in the same state.

Scary O_O 

They were semi auto pistols so thankfully it wasn't a long rifle

Hmmmm, long rifles just make bigger holes not necessarily kill more people considering the guy was spraying but the higher penetration could have killed more or less depending on the wall thickness/material....

Quote:
Doesn't mean there won't be a lot of people crying for stricter gun control...
It's not the gun that should be restricted, it's the idiot using it that should!

Meaning people should get a psych evaluation? But from what articles say, the guns were purchased by the guy's mother. So how would people stop that?

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #44,397 of 177,745
Quote:

I can't help but think that trying to get rid of guns isn't going to help the matter at all. It's only going to put more weapons on the black market

More on black market? It's already filled with guns, most likely.
The difference it's going to make is that gun-owning well regarded adults with stupid kids won't end up having their kids steal the gun and go on killing sprees.
People that do acquire their guns off the black market will do it anyway.

Quote:
I think the fact is that reasponsible people are out there with guns, yes. But firearms have been a sign of 'Murican freedom for the past 300+ years. That may sound stupid but come on. The revolutionary war was started for even stupider reasons. 

We have a gang going with a gang leader. The gang leader "introduces" a new kid to the whole gang. They all play nice for a while and the new kid shows a lot of talent and brings in good money. He is a bit hard to reach though as he lives farther than the others do. As he brings in good dough and is a bit hard to reach, the gang leader just lets that kid go. But crap happens and that kid gets jumped by another gang so the gang leader comes and helps. Well, the gang leader and his boys that helped the new kid get banged up a bit and so they have some fees to pay. Well so with this whole incident, the gang leader decides to tighten the hold on the new kid more as it has been shown that he needs to keep an eye out. And he also wants a temporary(or not) larger share of that kids operations to make back some of those fees as you know, the leader helped. Well, that new kid erupts with anger as he has been given too much freedom and blah blah blah.

That is literally the American Revolution. Who wins wars rewrites history. That for one was quite an unjust war and also very hypocritical by today's standards.

So going back to the gun law. Yes. Murican's love their freedom. *sigh*

What is quite an astonishing thing is this article:
http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la-man-slashes-22-children-near-china-school-20121214,0,6383015.story

Basically another deranged dude showed up at an elementary schol in China and knifed a few kids. Well gues what. Like most countries in the world that aren't on the continent of Africa or S. America. Guns are hard to get if near impossible. This dude could only slash a few kids. Granted, not good but not a single person died. Some are in ER for heavy stitching but none the less. 

Freedom? That's like saying there's no freedom in Canada but I digress. American notion of freedom is about as dumb as it gets lol.

I guess the only thing I can say is that gun wielding murderers tend to have higher K/D.

Quote:
Hmmmm, long rifles just make bigger holes not necessarily kill more people considering the guy was spraying but the higher penetration could have killed more or less depending on the wall thickness/material....

Meaning people should get a psych evaluation? But from what articles say, the guns were purchased by the guy's mother. So how would people stop that?

I thought there was a long firearm involved, but whatever the case, it's not like all schools are made with Call of Duty/Battlefield 3 materials xD schools need to have decently heavy/thick walls for sound isolation purposes. Imagine teaching in a room where you can hear other classes not only through the door cracks but also through the walls... noise floor too high! xD

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #44,398 of 177,745
Quote:
Yeah during school hours using school internet :p but not that often I guess... 
Yup, high school life XD and yeah i tend to work better at school cause there are less distractions and less hw! 

Hurr hurr, it's the last week of school for the term/year so meh. However we are still doing things in maths so i guess i shouldn't...

+1 Love that unhealthy food 

That is some real hilarious stuff XD

What a coincidence XD lmao

Oh wow...... America these days.....

Scary O_O 

The debate was seem to go back into the Brady gun law and what not with consumer long rifles(they aren't exactly "assault" rifles)/
Quote:
More on black market? It's already filled with guns, most likely.
The difference it's going to make is that gun-owning well regarded adults with stupid kids won't end up having their kids steal the gun and go on killing sprees.
People that do acquire their guns off the black market will do it anyway.

Freedom? That's like saying there's no freedom in Canada but I digress. American notion of freedom is about as dumb as it gets lol.

I guess the only thing I can say is that gun wielding murderers tend to have higher K/D.

I thought there was a long firearm involved, but whatever the case, it's not like all schools are made with Call of Duty/Battlefield 3 materials xD schools need to have decently heavy/thick walls for sound isolation purposes. Imagine teaching in a room where you can hear other classes not only through the door cracks but also through the walls... noise floor too high! xD

American Notion of Freedom is not only that but it is about as hypocritical as it gets.

...obviously lol

There was. Two semi auto pistols and a semi auto rifle..

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #44,399 of 177,745
Quote:
The debate was seem to go back into the Brady gun law and what not with consumer long rifles(they aren't exactly "assault" rifles)/
American Notion of Freedom is not only that but it is about as hypocritical as it gets.

...obviously lol

There was. Two semi auto pistols and a semi auto rifle..

Yep.
Americans crying foul at muslim countries for the lack of women freedom and power. It's so backwards, it's time for progress!
Americans crying foul at people trying to get rid of guns. It's in the constitution! It's part of American history!
What happened to "it's time for progress?"
Double standards at it's best :b
Ahh southern neighbors...

And seems you guys have more snow than us right now xD

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #44,400 of 177,745
Quote:
Yep.
Americans crying foul at muslim countries for the lack of women freedom and power. It's so backwards, it's time for progress!
Americans crying foul at people trying to get rid of guns. It's in the constitution! It's part of American history!
What happened to "it's time for progress?"
Double standards at it's best :b
Ahh southern neighbors...

And seems you guys have more snow than us right now xD

One president Jefferson called for a rewriting of the constitution for every generation.

However nowadays, you would be labeled a terrorist for even briging up anti U.S GOVERNMENT ideals such as that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back