「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 5, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #42,813 of 177,744
Hi guys, I'm back!! Sorry about my absence. My family is moving so I am quite busy at the moment... But anyway, did I miss anything important?

don't worry xP
And not really.

@kalbee
No! Rikka all the way!!!

:< nuu

Alright, gnite for real this time lol.
And to do it à la Bowei: Otatsumi miina (御立見三井名) <--- looks like a name now.

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #42,814 of 177,744
Hi guys, I'm back!! Sorry about my absence. My family is moving so I am quite busy at the moment... But anyway, did I miss anything important?

Depends on what your definition of important is...
But probably not.
Oyasumi minna!

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #42,817 of 177,744
Quote:
Well green team and matcha/maccha aren't exactly one and the same.
Maccha comes in powder form AFAIK and the ones bought in packets are often sweetened. Maybe you just don't like maccha taste since "green tea icecream" is probably often really maccha icecream.
High end = HiFi = High Fidelity.
When you bring crappy recordings to be heard in high fidelity, you can only listen in awe at how crappily it was recorded.
HiFi definitely incompatible with LQ music.

Probably has something to do with it. I hate powder or packet green tea as well. It's got to be the actual leaves or nothing.

I respectfully maintain that this makes absolutely no sense. Unless my experiences are for whatever reason somehow unique from everyone else's, this just doesn't track. Low fidelity headphones would make a bad recording sound worse. For example, say the headphone in question has spikey treble, or a deep valley in the lower mids, or exceptionally high levels of distortion--it would accentuate problems with a bad recording. Whereas a higher fidelity headphone with a relatively smoother frequency response would not. IME, the low quality of the headphone and the low quality of the recording add together and make something even worse than what you started with. Whereas pairing a bad recording with a high quality headphone tends to partially cancel out and alleviate the problem to a certain degree.

Oyasumi ya'll.

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #42,819 of 177,744
No. None of these shows even approach the cinematic magnificence that is Girls Und Panzer. 

And BTOOM! LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWL.

Hmmm i still like my shows

Analytical is one of the easier ones lol. In a vacuum it basically means it's very neutral sounding with seperation well enough to allow the user to "analyze" the piece. Making it easier to hear details and such. There are other connotations I suppose but that's the basics of it. People do say some really...stupid statements sometimes though. Like if someone in a review starts talking about, "The lush, liquid gold mid range is the life of the rose colored beautiful sound signature."........I just dip out of the review. That literally means crap to me lol except that you may or may not want to make love to that headphone. Like I said earlier, I take fun as not a definition of it's own but rather an opposition to another. As in a can that is seen as analytical is not seen as "fun" or often said "colored". Probably means it isn't very neutral and is suited towards not proper reproduction of the recording, but an interpretation of it. Grado cans fit this description perfectly. They "color" the recording to give it a sound that the engineers feel are more enjoyable than just a neutral true reproduction of the recording. So in this sense, the basics of the word "fun" does not necessarily have a specific meaning in and of it's own without context. It just simply means that the headphone produces a sound that is different from proper reproduction. Still dunno if that makes sense to you or not....

I'll look into the 600. I've had a brief listen to the HD650 before but I have no real opinion of it. It was way too little a demo. Right now I am on a journey to find reviews upon reviews on cans of interest.

Nope, no 600 ohm cans I've tried in my amp have felt sufficiently powered.

Unforgiving to me just means it in no way colors the sound and is near completely flat with excellent staging so when fed a bad recording, it then points out those aspects that made it bad in a blatant manner. I touched on this earlier, but there were some tracks that I am perfectly fine with listening to on my equipment, but it only took a few times on the SR009 to convince me never to seriously listen to them on there again or risk unenjoyment :frowning2:. As far as EQ is concerned, I really only believe in light EQ of bass or treble at the moment. I believe that headphones should be enjoyed for their sound signature and they themselves are an art to be appreciated. Beyond just being good and bad, some headphones aren't better or worse than others, they just sound....different! And that's lovely and I wish to just enjoy that one day. My collection of cans that I enjoy switching between when I feel like a certain sound.

Chuunibyou....is so....excuse me, RIKKA is so awesome. KyoAni proves once agsin to be god tier.

I didnt fully realize what "chuunibyou" actually was until a few days ago and man... It was a collection of the things anime fans may go theough and will typically grow up from and man, was it hilarious to relate to and I ALSO wanted to roll on the floor!

Woah, wall of quotes again.
Punching trees and stones and bricks don't register as pain either.
*has over 10 pairs of headphones*
Ultimate can is something that fits in all your music preference!
Sometimes I just feel like some different pair for comfort or wtv.
I still find neutral, or neutral enough, is best. With a bit more emphasis the low end, and less on the high end to get a bit more fun and a bit less analytical. If that even makes sense.
Aren't a lot of the flaws made obvious in the treble range? Thus many studio headphones having treble peaks to put emphasis on them so that sound engineers can kill them off.
So something without too much treble should be a bit more "forgiving", though naturally it is not a solve-all solution.
Well green team and matcha/maccha aren't exactly one and the same.
Maccha comes in powder form AFAIK and the ones bought in packets are often sweetened. Maybe you just don't like maccha taste since "green tea icecream" is probably often really maccha icecream.
High end = HiFi = High Fidelity.
When you bring crappy recordings to be heard in high fidelity, you can only listen in awe at how crappily it was recorded.
HiFi definitely incompatible with LQ music.
Happy birthday!! Hope you said thanks to your mom though :wink:
In that case it was rather because I had nothing to quote. lol
Just tried the HD598 the other day, and I liked them. Can't compare between that and the DT880 since I haven't tried either of them for long enough but DT880@250ohms did sound pretty good, but a bit treble happy sometimes. HD598 was more laid back sounding though; that's my type of lazy sound sig lol. Though definitely a bit sleepy sounding on both extremities. Now how big of a hike is between HD598 to HD600 I do not know.
Either way, liked them both better than the AKG equivalents.
Rikka is cute but I actually prefer Touka or Shinka.

That is a good thought. That treble peaks are there to bring notice to them but at the same time, they hurt and may cause an engineer to mellow out a part too much etc

I prefer the blonde mc?

Yes... ALL THE THINGS.

don't worry xP
And not really.
:< nuu
Alright, gnite for real this time lol.
And to do it à la Bowei: Otatsumi miina (御立見三井名) <--- looks like a name now.

Otaiyou miina

Yesss!! Chuunibyou is my favourite this season. It makes me feel so nostalgic, oh how the days go by...

It is magical

Otasumi damm it!

http://kotaku.com/5965422/what-headphones-anime-characters-are-wearing/gallery/1
Just gonna leave here a bit

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #42,820 of 177,744

Just in case no one noticed, one of bowei's greatest wishes just came true! 
biggrin.gif
  Congrats on the new custom title bowei!

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #42,823 of 177,744

Just in case no one noticed, one of bowei's greatest wishes just came true!  :D   Congrats on the new custom title bowei!

OMG!!! Yessa!!! What does that even mean!!! I DONT CARE!! I have one!!!!!!!!
Hahaha!! Congradz!
(whatever that even means :D )

Yes!! I dont know but dont care!

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #42,824 of 177,744
You can thank WiR3D for the title suggestion. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back