「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 8, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #29,191 of 177,745
Quote:
what kind of diploma were you referring to?

I thought you were talking about college diplomas for some reason. I just make this assumption that most people on this website are already out of high school.

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #29,193 of 177,745
Quote:
Steins gate right now after finishing ep 5 is a bit heavy with not a lot of uplifiting moments where I can ease up from my analyzying and take a break. Since you guys have told me that it's a uber serious mind twist series I already know quite a lot of things as key words in the anime and what not have hinted me in on who people actually are and what has happened.

Don't you think it's time for Nichijou? LOL

I used to hate Vocaloids and such voice synths with a passion, and only used Vocaloids to mark singers with nice voices.
Now I love both! Sometimes the original Vocaloid voice just expresses the song better... how each musician interprets a song's emotions differently, makes different versions to a same song.

And with the amount of auto-tune type of things in today's real singer music, I figured it made little difference at that point.

I'm not saying that I hate it. just on my ignore list or something like that. I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to it though. 

Even though the lack of a knob means there's no channel imbalance (not that this is usually a big deal anyway), I admit that  I would rather use a knob. It's just easier/more comfortable. I can live with it for a while though until I come across money for something else, as I got a good deal on it. I'm really digging Lake People for a future amp.

I like knobs because I can increase the volume as min as possible anything without using my mouse to do it

Just started playing Osananajimi wa Daitouryou..

Obama                 Ohama

Vladimir Putin     Vladimirovna Putina

Starships                                   Starships

Alien                          Alien

Panda-sama!!

LOL the last one! Is this the My Girlfriend is the President?

Oh, she's only the one who sang the OPs of every Nanoha series 
rolleyes.gif

The thing that surprises me is they use a single singer for the OP...never watched it anyway

I thought you were talking about college diplomas for some reason. I just make this assumption that most people on this website are already out of high school.

I thought that too

OLDFAGS UNITE!!!!!!!!!

lol. I think there's 3-4 high schoolers here now that Tilpo's graduated?

LOL!!! I'm in uni now. Wait, wasn't Rikkun in IB?

Finally able to sell my Bravo V2. NOw I have more money for my O2+ODAC!

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #29,194 of 177,745
Starting soju:30 a little late tonight, but man...this chum-churum is delicious. I can drink it like water.

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #29,195 of 177,745
Starting soju:30 a little late tonight, but man...this chum-churum is delicious. I can drink it like water.

What makes soju taste better? Pork belly or anime?

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #29,196 of 177,745
Jeez, now you're making me feel bad. I have almost 2 more years, but I'm also currently working full-time...and not paying any money out of pocket for tuition. I look at the cost of tuition for some colleges and think to myself, "Man, people actually pay for that?" 

?

€1.77k ain't that bad. Uni is actually less than my high school in terms of tuition fees. Taking the books into account it's about equal.

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #29,197 of 177,745
Quote:
LOL the last one! Is this the My Girlfriend is the President?

LOL!!! I'm in uni now. Wait, wasn't Rikkun in IB?

Finally able to sell my Bravo V2. NOw I have more money for my O2+ODAC!

Yep, that's the english title of Osananajimi wa Daitouryou

Not anymore, he's not. (I still am T_T)

Congradz!!!

Sep 8, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #29,198 of 177,745
@rikkun

Confratualations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@borisu
Yeah its a weird game and after everything is done it sucks. The only thing it had going was fanservice an H and there were little ammounts of that in the game

Will watch madoka 3 later, i focused on getting to steins 5(finished) last night an watch accel world and choco school

Sep 8, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #29,199 of 177,745
Quote:
@borisu
Yeah its a weird game and after everything is done it sucks. The only thing it had going was fanservice an H and there were little ammounts of that in the game

Really I kinda liked it.
Which route did you do?'

Sep 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #29,200 of 177,745
Quote:
@ATH-AD2000
It has a very unique sound that only certain people would like, plus it's Japan imported and expensive or hard to get, hence not super popular.

Hm...well, I can't afford one anyways and from the sounds of it it's a love/hate headphone so...
Quote:
Having OWNED the STX and ODAC at the same time, I can say with confidence that the two are very similar. STX bass is a bit muddy in comparison to the ODAC but there's more quantity. ODAC treble extends a tiny bit better. Detail is exactly the same. I stuck with the ODAC in the end. This was comparing the STX's rca output, not its headphone amp output though.

STX is a very decent piece of hardware but driver support is total ****. And you'll need to get behind your PC whenever you want to plug in/out your headphones. Only two real downsides to the card IMO. 

I don't really expect Asus to give good driver support on other products besides for their laptops and mobos (gfx cards are for the manufacturers unless they make a 7990 which at the time, doesn't and probably won't have a reference design, therefore, manufacturers need to make their own drivers).
Quote:
@Haibunyan
That was from jinrui

Lol. Definitely going to check it out.
Quote:
This needs to be someones avatar!

We need our avatars set as "creepers" or "stalkers" for October guys. We need to give the little kids a good scare. 
tongue.gif

Quote:
I think it was August or something, not that it matters since it's out anyway.
I really don't know how to do any of the registry mods and so on, without a guide. Only found out about a month or two ago that I could change the log on screen for Windows 7... not that I ever felt the bother to try, but seems that feature doesn't work in Win8 anymore? I'd love to change the colors and background of both the Log In screen and the Metro/Start background.

I don't read OCN so I never saw :< in fact I jumped into Win8 because my SSD wouldn't want to be clone restored. My last time reading it, however, I saw that the Metro UI can be removed with registry editing... seems that has been removed from the release version.

And while I am getting used to it quite quickly, sort of, there's still one point about Metro that's quite... bad for your privacy. Hopefully there is a way to remove it, but much like the Start menu in the past Windows OS' you can show "All Applications". As I mentioned last time how it lists everything out not in closed folders but literally all listed out in tiles, I've yet to find a way to remove an entry from the list (while as in the past you can delete the folder safety without deleting the actual files). In other words, you can't hide your eroges anymore! Unless you don't actually install it.

Yes, you can have any apps running on the sidebar at almost any time, including having one app running on the main workspace. Closing the apps are kind of a pain... imagine the android method, but right click and close for each. I uninstalled just about every app to rid of the headache. Simply logging out might be a solution, I don't know, since apps can run in the lock screen.

I used to hate Vocaloids and such voice synths with a passion, and only used Vocaloids to mark singers with nice voices.
Now I love both! Sometimes the original Vocaloid voice just expresses the song better... how each musician interprets a song's emotions differently, makes different versions to a same song.

And with the amount of auto-tune type of things in today's real singer music, I figured it made little difference at that point.

Somehow my light novel always gives the weirdest coincidences... So the story starts to involve a ghost ship, and suddenly in my Tales of Vesperia playthrough I suddenly get stopped by a ghost ship.
Last time it was about a supernatural murderer that calls you and says "I am behind you"-- and if you turn around you die. And as I was reading around that part while walking home from school, I get a call and literally just hear "I am behind you"!! freaked my out for a second... then I realized it's my brother and he's willing to give me a lift home. He never read the novel, which means it was pure coincidence.
101番目の百物語... it has mystical powers I say.

Meh, I've only done 2, one of which was done by a quick program used by the 3rd party theme community that adds registry (or you can remove them) for "Take Ownership". Usually manually adding "Take Ownership" to your objects by going into the "security" tab doesn't work or it's a PITA to do. Mine locked up on me so I have to use the registry mod now, not that I mind.

I think you can change the login photo through Win 8 settings IIRC.

Microsoft really wants to shove Metro down people's throats, so it's expected.

Hm...well, after all, they tried combining tablet/touch screen and desktop and it wasn't done very well. Honestly, I wish they would surprise us with Win 8 with the classic start menu just metro styled and allow us to disable metro. Fingers crossed the demand for the start button soars and Microsoft will have to add it into Win 8 SP1 or risk losing millions of customers.

Some of the newer songs using the Vocaloid 3 engine or just using the Vocaloid 2 engine with appends actually sound rather human (again, listening through crappy earbuds here). IA and Gumi to me seem like the most human vocaloids out of all of the ones I've heard.

Is it just me or is it that American musicians can't properly use autotune?

LOL. That would have scared me to death.
Quote:

What for?  Nobody's avatar in this thread beats mine. 
tongue_smile.gif

That's subjective, sir.
Quote:
Oh sure! I personally prefer humanoid avatars but that's just me.

This, well, you mean homo sapiens.
Quote:

THE CORRECT TERM IS HOMINIDS. GET IT RIGHT.
Quote:
yay lots of people are here tonight~

Aw...I missed everything...
Quote:
I swear I mostly read this thread and don't post as much as I want T__T

It's okay. I'm starting to do that too.
Quote:
Just post seriously, we aren't heavy linters in any sense!

Just finished Accel World, decent I guess, I wish it went back to the normal times

where the senpai was still there, burst linking, and he had his wings
but that would be boring

and in ep 22 did ANYONE ELSE SEE THE REFERENCE TO SAO!! :)

This. There's nothing holding you back, B-dawk.

It's getting really boring...
I want to see Nomi get brutally murdered by Senpai. That would make my day.
Quote:
Won't deny that both Steins;Gate and Madoka are good shows, but IMO they are both just soooooooooooo overhyped. Maybe it's just evidence of how far the anime industry has fallen that as soon as something north of decent airs, everyone is drooling over it. 

Agreed, although at the time I watched it I didn't know about the hype...
Quote:
I don't get the whole, "x music has more bass so the headphones need more bass as well."

This. Makes no sense. It might make it stand out more, but that's just about it. Why not just use an EQ?
Quote:

LOL.
Quote:
Just realised that will be tomorrow!

Hope it's true, it doesn't say anything about it on the website. And pleaaaaaaaaase don't be a sign-up quota =S

I think sign ups should be up around 10:00 AM EST. (30 more minutes...)
Quote:

I think:

LOL.
Quote:
Accel world 22.....

That was my reaction. IMO it was horrible.
Quote:
Just started playing Osananajimi wa Daitouryou..

Obama                 Ohama

Vladimir Putin     Vladimirovna Putina

Starships                                   Starships

Alien                          Alien

Panda-sama!!

Lmao!
Quote:
What? you have school yet work full time?
分身術ですか?

LOL:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME? lol
Quote:
OLDFAGS UNITE!!!!!!!!!

lol. I think there's 3-4 high schoolers here now that Tilpo's graduated?

Haha!

Hm...me, bowei...that's sort of all I know.
Quote:
@rikkun
Confratualations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto.

Sep 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #29,203 of 177,745
Quote:
@haibunyan
The series is almost done. Its ep 22

Meh. I don't care too much for it...
Quote:
@Haiby
30mins? I thought it was +2 from China?
Nvm

It's 10:01 AM EST and registration on JPopSuki still isn't open.

Because Japan is 14 hours ahead of EST (UTC - 5:00 I think), right now should be a little past midnight over there.

Sep 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #29,205 of 177,745
AW could have been very good too. Solid 8.5 if it did some other things right :frowning2:

Im in a class right now for sat. Got a funny shop called "SWAg" next door. Ill post pictures up later. I drove half an hour here to Old Saybrook so I guess im right now near the estimated new london position of haibu nyan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back