「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 8, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #29,161 of 177,750
Quote:
Yeah, that person is Luka/Ruka.
P.S. just trying to confuse you :D but I am not lying in any way, you'll see even if you don't play the game. The game only allows you to make it definite. In fact it's' the first ending in terms of order by gameplay length.

Ah, Choco School. Forgot about that one, need to get them missing episodes. Thanks.
I was going to tell you guys to stop the political talk (Head-Fi policy!) but that ended well many pages before lol. The disadvantage of reading past posts in bulk.

We know head fi policy, some posts on politics have been removed before but that's just about it. Plus after the first 2 or 3 posts I just started trolling.

Choco school is pretty decent in my opinion.

Steins gate right now after finishing ep 5 is a bit heavy with not a lot of uplifiting moments where I can ease up from my analyzying and take a break. Since you guys have told me that it's a uber serious mind twist series I already know quite a lot of things as key words in the anime and what not have hinted me in on who people actually are and what has happened.

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #29,162 of 177,750
Won't deny that both Steins;Gate and Madoka are good shows, but IMO they are both just soooooooooooo overhyped. Maybe it's just evidence of how far the anime industry has fallen that as soon as something north of decent airs, everyone is drooling over it. 

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #29,163 of 177,750
I'm pretty sure you guys knew lol. Being top commenters and all. Also did see the trolling.

I'm not sure if the most twisted part of the story is even in the anime... but darn it was somewhat of a terror to behold.
The first few episodes, as I had to keep telling my brother that wanted to drop the show because it was slow and Okabe was pissing him off, was just the build up... and just have to endure through the HOOUOOUIN KYOOOOUMA fanfare. Once the gears start turning it play out quite nicely. That said I don't remember what progress episode 5 is, but this is worth the sit through IMHO, but as usual, YMMV.

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #29,164 of 177,750
Quote:
I listen to a wide range but mainly the mainstream ones in that range but none the less,the recording is still a problem even with good ahrdware. As I said before . Owl city uses JH16's but some parts of their songs still sound bad, they probably don't use JH16's to make songs as studio monitors and headphones are the band mentality for that .

That's why hifi has crowd reviews and what not and after practice here you can tell what are bad and what aren't.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Bad recordings are so unfortunate. I think it's definitely not a hardware problem though. Especially for a lot of big studios with access to super nice high end gear. Even among among budget gear, it's easy to find stuff which is thoroughly decent. It's not what's bottlenecking the end result anyway. I'd guess a lot of it just has to do with people succumbing to trends in how things things should sound or maybe just not caring. Loudness wars and all that sort of thing. After all, 95% of people listening to mainstream music are probably just using ibuds or their car stereo or something.

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #29,165 of 177,750
Quote:
I'm pretty sure you guys knew lol. Being top commenters and all. Also did see the trolling.

I'm not sure if the most twisted part of the story is even in the anime... but darn it was somewhat of a terror to behold.
The first few episodes, as I had to keep telling my brother that wanted to drop the show because it was slow and Okabe was pissing him off, was just the build up... and just have to endure through the HOOUOOUIN KYOOOOUMA fanfare. Once the gears start turning it play out quite nicely. That said I don't remember what progress episode 5 is, but this is worth the sit through IMHO, but as usual, YMMV.

*cough cough* Rikkun only has nearly 6K. I however am almost top 10 so I am actually the only top commenter 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 (Discredit everyone!!!! The panda way!!)

Yeah, it's boring as hell right now
Quote:
Won't deny that both Steins;Gate and Madoka are good shows, but IMO they are both just soooooooooooo overhyped. Maybe it's just evidence of how far the anime industry has fallen that as soon as something north of decent airs, everyone is drooling over it. 

I'm not too far into them but I'm not feeling them, just meh right now.

Found this article from another head fi member lounge thread:
http://crave.cnet.co.uk/accessories/beats-by-dr-dre-president-on-origins-bass-and-music-piracy-50009068/

I think I threw up a little inside would be the common phrase

This guy is wrong but he like many can make it sound good or can make it sound good and I don't blame him, what is even true studio reproduction is the problem and how he interpreted it is how most did.

Problem 1: He says that digital music today is more bass heavy so he needs to create a set of cans that are also bass heavy to play it and even with rock tracks he loves. They weren't bassy back then so how could his rock tracks equally be accurate?

Problem 2: Most studio people from my experience actually aren't sound experts. Mainly in the messy harsh highs and very airy and harsh backgrounds of songs tell me this. The artists also use decent studio monitors and headphones from Sony or whatever and thus, how can a Bass heavy beats say or claim to reproduce or represent what the studio's are like if they weren't designed to mimic the studio monitors themselves?

Those are just some of the examples

but the biggest one is if we throw him in a room with his Beats Pro and iPod or whatever he wants to use with a96KHz track at 24bit and a 44.1KHz one at 16bit and see if he can do a 50 round foobar ABX test and get it correct 90% of the time on whcih one is 96KHz/24
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #29,166 of 177,750
Quote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Bad recordings are so unfortunate. I think it's definitely not a hardware problem though. Especially for a lot of big studios with access to super nice high end gear. Even among among budget gear, it's easy to find stuff which is thoroughly decent. It's not what's bottlenecking the end result anyway. I'd guess a lot of it just has to do with people succumbing to trends in how things things should sound or maybe just not caring. Loudness wars and all that sort of thing. After all, 95% of people listening to mainstream music are probably just using ibuds or their car stereo or something.

It's mainly the harsh highs, misplaced vocals, consumer boomy bass and what not. The worst ones are rock, they happen the most and are to the human trained ear, the easiest to show displeasure in, in general I think. Think of using iPod earbuds, during those messy tracks the background mid guitars are just a jumble of "shshshszhzhzhchch" do you know what I am talking about? The Dunu's and most cheap earbuds do this. and the highs are harsha nd just hurt. Many tracks from rock songs have qualities of this or do it. From Rahmstein to Linkin Park to oldies and what not, which brings us back to if the artists equipment couldn't show them that it sounds bad or if the artists couldn't tell themselves or a mixture of the few.

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #29,167 of 177,750
Quote:

I listen to a wide range but mainly the mainstream ones in that range but none the less,the recording is still a problem even with good ahrdware. As I said before . Owl city uses JH16's but some parts of their songs still sound bad, they probably don't use JH16's to make songs as studio monitors and headphones are the band mentality for that .

That's why hifi has crowd reviews and what not and after practice here you can tell what are bad and what aren't.

Just post seriously, we aren't heavy linters in any sense!

Just finished Accel World, decent I guess, I wish it went back to the normal times

where the senpai was still there, burst linking, and he had his wings
but that would be boring

and in ep 22 did ANYONE ELSE SEE THE REFERENCE TO SAO!! :)

I know Bowei! I'm an original here lol. I just multitask way too much and I forget to actually post.

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #29,168 of 177,750
Quote:
It's mainly the harsh highs, misplaced vocals, consumer boomy bass and what not. The worst ones are rock, they happen the most and are to the human trained ear, the easiest to show displeasure in, in general I think. Think of using iPod earbuds, during those messy tracks the background mid guitars are just a jumble of "shshshszhzhzhchch" do you know what I am talking about? The Dunu's and most cheap earbuds do this. and the highs are harsha nd just hurt. Many tracks from rock songs have qualities of this or do it. From Rahmstein to Linkin Park to oldies and what not, which brings us back to if the artists equipment couldn't show them that it sounds bad or if the artists couldn't tell themselves or a mixture of the few.

In any case I'm 99% sure it has nothing to do with the equipment they are using, especially in the case of big mainstream bands who probably have access to all sorts of high end gear. Not that it doesn't help to have the nicest stuff available, but I've often heard it said that gear is the least important factor for making a good recording. You do need a good environment and monitors to mix on though. Making music with nothing but laptop speakers would be quite difficult, haha.

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #29,169 of 177,750
Quote:

I know Bowei! I'm an original here lol. I just multitask way too much and I forget to actually post.

LOL :) 

I do a lot of stuff to but I just quote and post and see if anybody ninja'd me and reply and quote again,leading to the frequent double posts.

basshead.gif

Anyway, can't belive this but I am about 800 posts off from making the top all time list and about 1.4K to make 10X prestige headphoneus Supremeus (15K)

Anyway, Oyasumi miina! How you don't puke in your mouth too much from the beats article.

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #29,170 of 177,750
Quote:

In any case I'm 99% sure it has nothing to do with the equipment they are using, especially in the case of big mainstream bands who probably have access to all sorts of high end gear. Not that it doesn't help to have the nicest stuff available, but I've often heard it said that gear is the least important factor for making a good recording. You do need a good environment and monitors to mix on though. Making music with nothing but laptop speakers would be quite difficult, haha.

There's that but some small artists use studio monitors worth $400-$500 total that just don't cut it.

It's mainly knowledge and being educatied and personally after learning to realize what sounds good on reference components, you can't please every audio component, the slight but just good enough bass hit and punch I would like to hear and prefer just doesn't show up on my Q701's as well as I would like to (EQ;ing is giong to start soon, light EQ that is)

Basically people ask how you learn and it's hard to say but what doesn't make your ears squirm I guess, those harsh highs and "shshzhzhshshzhzh" in the background or mids make my ears cringe and so I wouldn't like those in my music.

I remember how your friend went and "mastered" your band tracks!

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #29,171 of 177,750
Quote:
LOL :) 

I do a lot of stuff to but I just quote and post and see if anybody ninja'd me and reply and quote again,leading to the frequent double posts.

basshead.gif

Anyway, can't belive this but I am about 800 posts off from making the top all time list and about 1.4K to make 10X prestige headphoneus Supremeus (15K)

Anyway, Oyasumi miina! How you don't puke in your mouth too much from the beats article.

I know! That's JUST how lazy I get T___T

Good night Bowei-niichan

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #29,173 of 177,750
I don't get the whole, "x music has more bass so the headphones need more bass as well."

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #29,174 of 177,750
Quote:
I don't get the whole, "x music has more bass so the headphones need more bass as well."

So people just want the full "unts unts unts" when they're listening to that kind of music. It's not about making sense!

lol...dubstep makes me think aliens are trying to talk to us.

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #29,175 of 177,750

Users who are viewing this thread

Back