「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 14, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #437 of 177,745

Quote:

ehhhhhh. hmm still got to evaluate myself, but i guess i'll lower my expectations from "dear god let this be another madoka magica" to "hmm this looks interesting". Also is aquarion evol accessible even if you never watched the first one?

There's a first Aquarion??what!? When watching it, i felt there was a lot of new weird things. But still watchable. they do a good job of explaining

Quote:
After watching GITS:SAC (First and second season) I started watching Ergo Proxy recently.
So far I LIKE it... the visuals are really my style and Re-l is plain awesome!

I saw ergo proxy on TV a long time ago :) and GITC too. i was oo young to remember much though :/

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #439 of 177,745

Quote:
A good indication they did a good job then. Interesting.

i looked it all up. you don't need to watch the first. EVOL has new characters and is 12K years after. it helps if you watch the first one as u might go "hey that's(insert person here)" and what not. but it's not necessary.

Watching Symphonogear 2
Just started, not done yet. AGain..cringing from super corniness.

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #440 of 177,745

Quote:
i looked it all up. you don't need to watch the first. EVOL has new characters and is 12K years after. it helps if you watch the first one as u might go "hey that's(insert person here)" and what not. but it's not necessary.

Watching Symphonogear 2
Just started, not done yet. AGain..cringing from super corniness.

Glad to hear about aquarion. LOL if it's 12k years after, the first 1 should be no problem lol.

Hmm the other thing I'm intolerant of in anime other than hyper fan service is super corniness. That ep 1 of symphogear i got is getting neglected more and more.

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #441 of 177,745

Quote:
Glad to hear about aquarion. LOL if it's 12k years after, the first 1 should be no problem lol.

Hmm the other thing I'm intolerant of in anime other than hyper fan service is super corniness. That ep 1 of symphogear i got is getting neglected more and more.

Symphonogear episode 2":  it's...super super corny. The singing and bad english and OMG voice acting is just terrible. The OMG faces and super danger and OMG YOU CAN DO IT is just...corny as heck
there are some parts when the voice acting is fine..but for the majortity. it's pretty bad also
Edit:xf_eek:mg.....it's sooooo soooo corny
Edit2: It's so corny and generic and bad....im dropping it

Aquarion: There were some moments of slight corniess in Aquarion. but it's less tha the average amount so it's tolerable

Jan 14, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #442 of 177,745

Quote:

Symphonogear episode 2":  it's...super super corny. The singing and bad english and OMG voice acting is just terrible. The OMG faces and super danger and OMG YOU CAN DO IT is just...corny as heck
there are some parts when the voice acting is fine..but for the majortity. it's pretty bad also
Edit:xf_eek:mg.....it's sooooo soooo corny
Edit2: It's so corny and generic and bad....im dropping it

Aquarion: There were some moments of slight corniess in Aquarion. but it's less tha the average amount so it's tolerable

That's it I'm having a look right now.

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #445 of 177,745

Quote:
I really need to see if it's as bad as the worst thing I've seen so far (Soul Eater ending).
Join us and become a 100+ jgray.
tongue.gif

it's the worst i've seen this whole year i think of the one's i have watched. the english and songs and omg moments are just so corny and it's not even good or have a good plot

"Join us" ? Us? i'm not exactly an 100+ FYI 
beyersmile.png

http://www.head-fi.org/pages/stats/top/range/30day/#members

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #446 of 177,745
First off: 100th post! Hell yeah!

Now on to the meat of my post: Symphogear.

Frankly, it still gets a chance from me. Why? It feels like Mai-Otome, a show that I strangely like. Okay so the first episode isn't the best of starts compared to the other 3 shows I decided to follow this season. The 2nd episode was a bit better, and I can see the potential in it.

Setting: What. Still there are no explanation on what is happening, other than that there are weirdly colored monsters that turns people to ash (?) and there are beautiful young girls wearing questional clothing fighting them while singing. Right. I expect the 'Noise' would be explained in the 3rd episode. Oh and it's in a some sort of "20 minutes into the future" type of setting. More futuristic than our present, but not so much as to make us go What too much.
Also there was no blood, only jam. Strawberry jam. My god that was not blood, that's strawberry jam. What have they been feeding people in the future?! Anyways.

Character design: somewhat similar with Mai-Otome, again. Especially the main character, Hibiki. Many things felt similar to Arika. And that Tsubasa felt like Nina. I don't mind this at all. And the others. Don't like that scientist much; kind of grating and annoying. Indifferent on the others. Well maybe except that Miku, normal person friend of Hibiki. Enemy design are questionable IMHO. Some sort of the more disturbing things I saw in my "scouring" of the internets. *cough* We'll see.

The songs are up my alley, very catchy. I like it. The voice work is a bit of a miss. Some sort of not-Japanese are sang during the start of the transformation into magitek-girl. And gratuitious Engrish. Yay. /sarcasm Did I mention that annoying scientist? Dislike that. Overall they are decent, but I heard better.

This may be a hit or miss, and I'm leaning slightly on 'hit'. But just ever so slightly. This might be my GC of this season. Only the 3rd episode can tell me.

And thus conclude my impressions of the 4 shows I decided to watch this season. So far its {{ another [can't decide] mouretsu space pirates>>>rinne no lagrange>=symphogear }}. The last two are on scrutinised drop-watch, while the other are less likely to be dropped. Maybe I can watch Aquarion EVOL too. Somehow.

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #447 of 177,745

Quote:
it's the worst i've seen this whole year i think of the one's i have watched. the english and songs and omg moments are just so corny and it's not even good or have a good plot

"Join us" ? Us? i'm not exactly an 100+ FYI 
beyersmile.png

http://www.head-fi.org/pages/stats/top/range/30day/#members

Almost half of your total post in the past 30 days?! :U

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #448 of 177,745

Quote:
First off: 100th post! Hell yeah!

Now on to the meat of my post: Symphogear.

Frankly, it still gets a chance from me. Why? It feels like Mai-Otome, a show that I strangely like. Okay so the first episode isn't the best of starts compared to the other 3 shows I decided to follow this season. The 2nd episode was a bit better, and I can see the potential in it.

Setting: What. Still there are no explanation on what is happening, other than that there are weirdly colored monsters that turns people to ash (?) and there are beautiful young girls wearing questional clothing fighting them while singing. Right. I expect the 'Noise' would be explained in the 3rd episode. Oh and it's in a some sort of "20 minutes into the future" type of setting. More futuristic than our present, but not so much as to make us go What too much.
Also there was no blood, only jam. Strawberry jam. My god that was not blood, that's strawberry jam. What have they been feeding people in the future?! Anyways.

Character design: somewhat similar with Mai-Otome, again. Especially the main character, Hibiki. Many things felt similar to Arika. And that Tsubasa felt like Nina. I don't mind this at all. And the others. Don't like that scientist much; kind of grating and annoying. Indifferent on the others. Well maybe except that Miku, normal person friend of Hibiki. Enemy design are questionable IMHO. Some sort of the more disturbing things I saw in my "scouring" of the internets. *cough* We'll see.

The songs are up my alley, very catchy. I like it. The voice work is a bit of a miss. Some sort of not-Japanese are sang during the start of the transformation into magitek-girl. And gratuitious Engrish. Yay. /sarcasm Did I mention that annoying scientist? Dislike that. Overall they are decent, but I heard better.

This may be a hit or miss, and I'm leaning slightly on 'hit'. But just ever so slightly. This might be my GC of this season. Only the 3rd episode can tell me.

And thus conclude my impressions of the 4 shows I decided to watch this season. So far its {{ another [can't decide] mouretsu space pirates>>>rinne no lagrange>=symphogear }}. The last two are on scrutinised drop-watch, while the other are less likely to be dropped. Maybe I can watch Aquarion EVOL too. Somehow.

Congrats. For me.. i couldn't take the extreme phoni ness of this show. I saw the Mai-Otome anime's but didn't like it. i liked the manga's mainly. esepcially since they had the main character as a fake male imposter :) (that's mai-hime but whatever)

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #449 of 177,745

Quote:
Almost half of your total post in the past 30 days?! :U

After realizing that Head-Fi had some/ quite some E-peen and prestige in the audio world. Espeically in personal audio. I decided i wanted to be an active top ranking member. And so. yeah. everything u see me posting and know i more or less learned in these 2 months. i first started i april withmy first headphones learned quite a bit and stopped and then i came back for my second pair after a leave of absence andi have been here ever since :) and it's doing good. im helping people. many people know who i am :) i co founded a top general lounge thread with Hybrid Core and am active in this thread. what more?  :)
 not to mention we are more active than the other anime thread and thus have been stealing new vieweres onto our thread since we are almost always on front page :)

i'm hoping for headphone supremus rank soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back