「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 6, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #177,676 of 177,744
The movie is such an emotional rollercoaster/gutpunch. I remember the movie a lot better than the show itself. You're in for a treat one day, highly recommend the movie.

Hah well you probably stalled my watching of it even more 😂 I always put off the real dramatic stuff because I need to be in JUST the right mood for it..... but thanks for the heads up haha.

Nov 4, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #177,677 of 177,744
Dead Mount Death Play is worth checking out this season. Does seem quite interesting for the first few episodes, but we'll see how it plays out.
Agreed, it definitely is an interesting take on reverse isekai. I binged season 1 to then follow season 2, didn't really follow why/how the bartender dude was involved

• Frieren Beyond Journey's End - loving the vibes and pacing, so much so I started reading the manga
  • Goblin Slayer II - more of the same
  • Apothecary Diaries - simply beautiful
  • I Shall Survive Using Potions! - liking it so far, from the same author as the 80,000 gold isekai.
  • Kingdom of Ruins - every episode is plot twisting
  • Shield Hero S3 - don't really remember what happened in S2
  • Spy x Family S2 - more of the same
  • I'm in Love with the Villainess - I am oddly invested in this one
  • The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You - Laputa Castle in the Sky plays a key role in what led to MC's predicament, and confirms the existence of Studio Ghibli in-universe
  • Fire Force - a bit meh of a shounen series but I'll still watch it
  • Undead Murder Farce - left me guessing every arc. Kinda like In/Spectre
  • Ascendance of a Bookworm - solid isekai, big hype for future seasons that will cover Main's time in the academy
  • The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen - I liked this more than HameFura
  • What If the Ultimately Evolved Full Dive RPG was a Crappier Game than Reality - another series that confirms Studio Ghibli exists in-universe
    • d3NDmt8.png
  • Misfit of Demon Academy - yet another MC who is OP and effortlessly beats all his enemies
  • Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside - yet another isekai pharmacist series
  • Skeleton Knight in Another World - dollar store Overlord
  • Remake our Life - ReLIFE vibes
  • Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina - chill series about exactly what the title suggests. Bystander effect: the anime

Has anyone here checked out Undead Girl Murder Farce? Was such a breath of fresh air in the super loaded isekai lineups season on season. Another refreshingly fantastic title has been Zom 100. Such a beautiful take on zombie apocalypse by drawing parallels to the routine adult life.
Shame it was only 1 cour.

And also shame about Zom 100, reminds me of the production issues that Isekai Ojisan suffered from.

F0mrwBNXsAACAT5

F0mrtivXwAAluLw

F0mrzflWAAENXjN

22028872-db95-4e3c-ab7b-074cc497cc05.jpeg

4d95bc49-9463-40e5-8950-73fef784c3a8.jpeg
So uh, iPhone 15 and Pro. Thoughts? Awesome how they were able to sell it for the same price as the 14 Pro. USB-C is inferior to Lightning but I guess it was inevitable. I believe the internal structure is now aluminum as opposed to stainless steel, keen to see the teardowns.

Also wondering if this new dongle will work with Lightning EarPods

Might have to buy this to try on an Android phone

https://9to5mac.com/2023/09/14/usb-c-earpods-lossless/

Nov 9, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #177,678 of 177,744
Agreed, it definitely is an interesting take on reverse isekai. I binged season 1 to then follow season 2, didn't really follow why/how the bartender dude was involved

• Ascendance of a Bookworm - solid isekai, big hype for future seasons that will cover Main's time in the academy
  • What If the Ultimately Evolved Full Dive RPG was a Crappier Game than Reality - another series that confirms Studio Ghibli exists in-universe
    • d3NDmt8.png
  • Misfit of Demon Academy - yet another MC who is OP and effortlessly beats all his enemies
  • Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside - yet another isekai pharmacist series
  • Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina - chill series about exactly what the title suggests. Bystander effect: the anime

Wow congrats on being able to hit your backlog that hard. It's been too long since I've been able to get to mine (currently stuck halfway through Edgerunners). Bookworm is awesome.

Thats a hell of a hot take that Heretical was better than Hamefura for you lol, I've very much enjoyed the current villainess spree the industry has given us and liked the twist of Heretical that she was replacing a truly demonic villain in her isekai scenario, but I enjoyed the character writing of Hamefura much more personally. The boys were also much more engaging than the Knight and Bodyguard in Heretical imo.

Did you check out 16bit sensation? It's a love letter to what we can now safely call the golden era of Galge VN. You always seem to enjoy finding those easter eggs and that show is full of them.

Nov 22, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #177,679 of 177,744

• Frieren Beyond Journey's End - loving the vibes and pacing, so much so I started reading the manga
  • Goblin Slayer II - more of the same
  • Apothecary Diaries - simply beautiful
  • I Shall Survive Using Potions! - liking it so far, from the same author as the 80,000 gold isekai.
  • Kingdom of Ruins - every episode is plot twisting
  • Shield Hero S3 - don't really remember what happened in S2
  • Spy x Family S2 - more of the same
  • I'm in Love with the Villainess - I am oddly invested in this one
  • The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You - Laputa Castle in the Sky plays a key role in what led to MC's predicament, and confirms the existence of Studio Ghibli in-universe
    • d3NDmt8.png

Shame it was only 1 cour.

And also shame about Zom 100, reminds me of the production issues that Isekai Ojisan suffered from.

F0mrwBNXsAACAT5

F0mrtivXwAAluLw

F0mrzflWAAENXjN

22028872-db95-4e3c-ab7b-074cc497cc05.jpeg

4d95bc49-9463-40e5-8950-73fef784c3a8.jpeg

Wow our Watchlists are pretty similar. I've kept Freiren and Apothecary Diaries on hold as I want to binge all eps together. The trailers are so beautiful that I was certain that I can't watch these shows week on week😅😅

That's some fantastic inside joke in Zom 100. Didn't know that, thanks for sharing! Also, good news is that final three eps are coming in December.

Nov 22, 2023 at 5:18 AM Post #177,680 of 177,744
I've read as much as I could of Frieren and also the similar male high elf version (can't member the name). It's strange how I can get hooked on that slow mostly gentle stuff sometimes when I'm mostly into fight fight fight, die die die.
1700647360151.jpeg

Talking of blood everywhere and mental breakdown, how is the level of violence in the Kingdom of ruins' anime?

Nov 22, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #177,681 of 177,744
I've read as much as I could of Frieren and also the similar male high elf version (can't member the name). It's strange how I can get hooked on that slow mostly gentle stuff sometimes when I'm mostly into fight fight fight, die die die.
1700647360151.jpeg

Talking of blood everywhere and mental breakdown, how is the level of violence in the Kingdom of ruins' anime?

I just started it the other day, I'll get back to you. So far I'd consider it moderate but we don't get much gore anymore without them changing the blood to be black or rainbow colored like in Zom 100. So high-ish for this day in age but not much compared to the olden times.

Nov 24, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #177,682 of 177,744

I just started it the other day, I'll get back to you. So far I'd consider it moderate but we don't get much gore anymore without them changing the blood to be black or rainbow colored like in Zom 100. So high-ish for this day in age but not much compared to the olden times.

I binged it and caught up, it is quite "violent" but medium-high on the gore. I feel bad for the levels of chuunibyou the writer of the series seems to have though :sob:

Dec 11, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #177,683 of 177,744

I binged it and caught up, it is quite "violent" but medium-high on the gore. I feel bad for the levels of chuunibyou the writer of the series seems to have though :sob:
Yeah, Kingdom of Ruins is becoming more and more trash by the episode. I'm kinda rooting for the antagonists now

Even though I only ordered it yesterday. It's bigger and heavier than expected. Given that every smartphone/tablet in the house has dual-band 802.11ac it's about time to upgrade from the ISP-issued 802.11n one.

33nW4Xt.jpg
Well, the day has come to replace the hard drive. It finally died the other day, after seven years of 24/7 service.

IMG_0524.jpeg
IMG_0568.jpeg

Now, concerning the replacement drive, I want it to fit with minimal modification to the rubber boots (which are designed specifically for the ST3000DM001, presumably they are thinner for the 2 TB model), so I'm stuck with Seagate since only their drives have that notched profile on the end opposite that of the SATA/power connectors.

IMG_0571.jpeg

Seagate IronWolf 4TB review - 03.jpg

Hopefully the Ironwolf Pro 6 TB 3 platter also fits

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #177,684 of 177,744
Now, concerning the replacement drive, I want it to fit with minimal modification to the rubber boots (which are designed specifically for the ST3000DM001, presumably they are thinner for the 2 TB model), so I'm stuck with Seagate since only their drives have that notched profile on the end opposite that of the SATA/power connectors.

IMG_0571.jpeg

Best of luck, I have a stack of old drives here and had noticed how the designs change over the years but also how they stay the same. I have seagates from 400GB to 4TB here and a couple of HGT drives. Then there are the SSDs, breaks my heart to have these 2 64GB drives with their never-aging SLC NAND and no way to really use them. I'd love a device that would let me plug the guts of all 6 of them into and make a speedy pool of storage.

Dec 12, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #177,685 of 177,744
Best of luck, I have a stack of old drives here and had noticed how the designs change over the years but also how they stay the same. I have seagates from 400GB to 4TB here and a couple of HGT drives. Then there are the SSDs, breaks my heart to have these 2 64GB drives with their never-aging SLC NAND and no way to really use them. I'd love a device that would let me plug the guts of all 6 of them into and make a speedy pool of storage.
Perhaps software/hardware RAID?

Yeah with the amount if hard drives I've amassed over the years (including 2.5" HDDs from laptop SSD upgrades) I've been thinking about what to do with them too. Many consumer drives are SMR these days, so the older drives being CMR/PMR are an additional bonus.

Drives like this WD Slim one look especially slick:

IMG_7455 - Copy.JPEGIMG_7456 - Copy.JPEG

Dec 16, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #177,688 of 177,744
Going to Japan in errr...3-4 days.

Will be at Comiket both days, if ya'll have any requests let me know. Please don't make me end up on an episode of Border Control, SFW or clearly "adult" NSFW OK, Australian Customs is very strict hahahaha.

Sigh... stay with m43 or go full frame, new/used Lumix G9 or a used S1....decisions decisions, I'll have to figure it out when I land.

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #177,689 of 177,744
There are a lot of factors at play there. M43 would be fantastic for the outdoor portions of a show like Comiket, and I have to imagine the interior is well lit. Smaller, lighter, and if you don't need to concern yourself with low light then it's gotta be a good choice to travel light. If you're M43 now and looking to go full frame, you have to keep in mind what that does to your current lens collection. As a full-frame shooter myself, I'm willing to carry the kit to get better low light performance at events like CanJam, but in Japan I was carrying the Sony RX100 IV and switched between that and my phone without issue.

My request: Go to Ayam-ya Ramen if you get time. It's not too far from Big Sight and friggin' delicious.

Dec 17, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #177,690 of 177,744

Ladies and gentlemen, we got 'em.

IMG_0627 - Copy.JPEG

IMG_0630 - Copy.JPEG
IMG_0631 - Copy.JPEGIMG_0636 - Copy.JPEG
If my AirPort Time Capsule had failed one drive generation earlier, I would've been able to get the ST4000VN008 new (they all seem to be used/second hand these days), which had 3 x 1.33 TB platters. Alas, Seagate revised their drive design for their 2 TB/platter drives. The current 4 TB Ironwolf is the ST4000VN006, which only has 2 platters as a result.

Oh well, at least I won't have to think about it for another few years (or until the next component fails, maybe the PSU?)

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 10.10.50 pm.png

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 10.10.29 pm.png

My AI Art

obj13blabma21-1.jpg
obj13blabma21-2.jpg

obj13blabma21-3.jpg
obj13blabma21-4.jpg

obj13blabma21-5.jpg
obj13blabma21-6.jpg

7538964.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread