「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 27, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #177,721 of 177,744
I went the DIY route I could choose the drive (flash endurance) and potentially hand-me-down it for some random internal computer duty in the future. The enclosures are super cheap anyway, makes it easy to replace if I drop it and break the port or something.

All I remember from Blood+ is the girl activating the sword with her blood (or maybe that was another series), too gory for me lol they repeated that scene like every battle like a mahou shoujo transformation.

On an Apple Silicon Mac it's a complete mess. Cables/USB>SATA chipsets/ports and the USB Gen 69.420 Birth by Sleep shenanigans means it only negotiates at 5Gbps (SATA III is 6Gbps, the port should support 10Gbps). One enclosure I have does negotiate at 10Gbps but the drive doesn't "mount" properly in the OS, go figure ahahah.

Yikes what a pain. I also DIY these for the things you mentioned, the enclosures are dirt cheap but often can be found in nice aluminium and I perceive the drives that I choose to be of a higher quality (sustained speeds and endurance) than what historically was like a brands' B-Stock in premades. Not to mention that Sandisk has some MAJOR issue with a recent external SSD module. My DIY external spinning plater HDD from 12+ years ago still works fine though it is very small now @ 400GB!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #177,722 of 177,744
Roll credits

1706704776926.png

Jan 31, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #177,723 of 177,744
The YouTube algo suggested a short recommending some anime saying like "if you liked Plastic Memories blablabla then watch this", it was WorldEnd. Hmmmmmm was pretty good, what a nice little palette cleanser after consuming an unhealthy amount of trashy isekai.

Feb 1, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #177,724 of 177,744
The YouTube algo suggested a short recommending some anime saying like "if you liked Plastic Memories blablabla then watch this", it was WorldEnd. Hmmmmmm was pretty good, what a nice little palette cleanser after consuming an unhealthy amount of trashy isekai.

SukaSuka? THat was a depressing show :sob:

Feb 2, 2024 at 4:27 AM Post #177,725 of 177,744
SukaSuka? THat was a depressing show :sob:
It was kinda clever how her hair color was different in the cold open of the first ep

Feb 22, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #177,727 of 177,744
Just finished Tearmoon Teikoku Monogatari the other day. That show really surprised me with the snappy writing, actually doing a funnier/better job at doing what KageJitsu does where the MC keeps failing upwards because everyone thinks they're a genius. It is also a villainess story so bonus points for that too! Recommended if you're looking for something light and funny.

Feb 23, 2024 at 2:57 AM Post #177,728 of 177,744
Just finished Tearmoon Teikoku Monogatari the other day. That show really surprised me with the snappy writing, actually doing a funnier/better job at doing what KageJitsu does where the MC keeps failing upwards because everyone thinks they're a genius. It is also a villainess story so bonus points for that too! Recommended if you're looking for something light and funny.
Thanks, chucked it on my watch list.

Recently watched Love After World Domination, nice little happy show.

Feb 23, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #177,729 of 177,744
I finished Hikkikomari whatever recently, MC was also kinda failing upwards

Feb 29, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #177,730 of 177,744
I finished Hikkikomari whatever recently, MC was also kinda failing upwards

Oh yeah that was a fun show too, it kinda started to drag in the back half for me, like it lost a bit of its original vision (her being Lazy). Almost felt like they changed script writers mid way through. I still enjoyed it though.

Mar 1, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #177,731 of 177,744
So I finished the OG Evangelion....man is nearly every character insufferable or what ahahah. Will move on to the sequels(?) later.

Tearmoon was great.

I finally joined the Apple Watch cult...it's fantastic lol. It helped that I got a used 45mm Series 7 Titanium for like ~USD240, it's really fascinating how the higher end stainless/titanium models don't hold up in value since they're only like $40 more than the base models despite having significantly better materials. Retail must have been nearly three times that, battery health was 89% which isn't too bad for a late 2021/early 2022 watch.

At that price I'm chuffed, it's not like it was a screaming deal or anything they are common on eBay with warranties by the "refurbishers" too. The only downside is I have to shell out the big bucks for a genuine band and charger eventually (I don't trust the crap it came with, but I can wait for a sale).

Being able to set a timer hands free is like having a superpower of never forgetting to unload the washing machine. I'd often forget to do it when I get back to my smartphone, or sometimes it was too many button presses on a G-shock so I never bothered. Can't wait to go grocery shopping and not have to pull out my phone to check the shopping list. Am I a boomer now?

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #177,732 of 177,744
So I finished the OG Evangelion....man is nearly every character insufferable or what ahahah. Will move on to the sequels(?) later.

This is what happens when a man who hates himself and the entire world gets free reign to create a series lol.

Tearmoon was great.

Nice, glad you enjoyed.

I finally joined the Apple Watch cult...it's fantastic lol. It helped that I got a used 45mm Series 7 Titanium for like ~USD240, it's really fascinating how the higher end stainless/titanium models don't hold up in value since they're only like $40 more than the base models despite having significantly better materials. Retail must have been nearly three times that, battery health was 89% which isn't too bad for a late 2021/early 2022 watch.

At that price I'm chuffed, it's not like it was a screaming deal or anything they are common on eBay with warranties by the "refurbishers" too. The only downside is I have to shell out the big bucks for a genuine band and charger eventually (I don't trust the crap it came with, but I can wait for a sale).

Being able to set a timer hands free is like having a superpower of never forgetting to unload the washing machine. I'd often forget to do it when I get back to my smartphone, or sometimes it was too many button presses on a G-shock so I never bothered. Can't wait to go grocery shopping and not have to pull out my phone to check the shopping list. Am I a boomer now?

I've had great experiences with "hey google" and before that "cortana" on my smart phones for voice control, timers, directions. The use cases for me with a smart watch are diminished due to this, the grocery list is nice, reading emails seems nice but I don't get that many in a given day. Many of my family and friends do really like their various Garmins, Apples, etc. etc. though.

Mar 21, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #177,735 of 177,744
I am here. I forgot my password. XD
Was watching Spy x Family season 2 on the airplane to CanJam NYC. Good stuff
I didn't like Spy x Family season 2. It was 90% filler and 10% story, TBH. Spy x Family secret ride and treasure hunt at Universal Osaka was pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back