「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 19, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #177,541 of 177,744
Power pin is visibly more worn than the other pins, but no discolouration, so to speak.

Yeah I don't think I've had to replace one yet for relatives.

Had a nice experience at an Apple store, I don't think I've been to one in 12 years. Managed to get my AirPods Pro replaced, I couldn't pass the fit test any more even with new tips I think the vents were blocked. (I try to keep them clean too but I guess it's impossible, they did get one hell of a workout during the lockdowns I must have 4000+ hours on them)

Oh man the noise cancellation is so much better now they're working properly, less background hiss too ahahaha. I usually use speakers now but if I can get another 3 years out of them with light use I'd be a happy camper (mine just hit the 23 month old mark, lucky I got AppleCare in anticipation of needing it so I didn't have to go full Karen at the store).

Hooooooo boy does the studio display look good in person. That's Wacom money though...but the clarity of a glossy display...

Oct 19, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #177,542 of 177,744
I wanted Fire Punch as an anime way more than Chainsaw Man. That author is clearly insane in the membrane(love it!!!) and while chainsaw dude is the more straightforward kind of crazy stuff, Fire Punch has the potential for utmost emotional damage. It would be so epic as a properly done anime.

Oct 19, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #177,543 of 177,744
This season is less stacked than last. RIP Isekai Ojisan, see you next month.

Akiba Maid War - as its title suggests
Spy x Family Part 2 - as its title suggests
Reincarnated as a Sword - as its title suggests

Also started In/Spectre, 3 eps in, pretty interesting premise.
I'm loving Chainsaw Man, Raven of the Inner Palace, Eminence of Shadow Human Bug University, Blue Lock and Shinobi no Ittoki from the new titles

From the returning lot, it's Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Mob Psycho 100 III, Welcome to the Demon School Iruma-kun and My Hero Academia S6

Surprisingly, it's a fairly stacked season for me!

Oct 22, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #177,544 of 177,744
I’ve been enjoying the otome last boss anime this season, as well as Eminence in Shadow and Chainsaw Man. Reincarnated as a Sword is fantastic, Fran is too cute.
Reijou Last Boss*, having watched HameFura I get where the mixup came from ‘cause I had to do a double take too haha

Hmmm, maybe I should pick it up took, though I still haven’t jumped into Engage Kiss or Lycoris Recoil…

af4.jpg

Yeah I don't think I've had to replace one yet for relatives.

Had a nice experience at an Apple store, I don't think I've been to one in 12 years. Managed to get my AirPods Pro replaced, I couldn't pass the fit test any more even with new tips I think the vents were blocked. (I try to keep them clean too but I guess it's impossible, they did get one hell of a workout during the lockdowns I must have 4000+ hours on them)

Oh man the noise cancellation is so much better now they're working properly, less background hiss too ahahaha. I usually use speakers now but if I can get another 3 years out of them with light use I'd be a happy camper (mine just hit the 23 month old mark, lucky I got AppleCare in anticipation of needing it so I didn't have to go full Karen at the store).

Hooooooo boy does the studio display look good in person. That's Wacom money though...but the clarity of a glossy display...
The 10th gen iPad launch was a bit meh, the real kicker was they upped the price of the 9th gen by $50 Dollarydoos. When Officeworks and other retailers still sell it at the old $499-ish price smh
I wanted Fire Punch as an anime way more than Chainsaw Man. That author is clearly insane in the membrane(love it!!!) and while chainsaw dude is the more straightforward kind of crazy stuff, Fire Punch has the potential for utmost emotional damage. It would be so epic as a properly done anime.
I'm loving Chainsaw Man, Raven of the Inner Palace, Eminence of Shadow Human Bug University, Blue Lock and Shinobi no Ittoki from the new titles

From the returning lot, it's Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Mob Psycho 100 III, Welcome to the Demon School Iruma-kun and My Hero Academia S6

Surprisingly, it's a fairly stacked season for me!
I recall Chainsaw Man was hyped for a long time. Now that it’s here, I guess I’ll check it out

Oct 25, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #177,545 of 177,744
The 10th gen iPad launch was a bit meh, the real kicker was they upped the price of the 9th gen by $50 Dollarydoos. When Officeworks and other retailers still sell it at the old $499-ish price smh

I'm so disappointed they didn't go with the Apple Pencil 2, then again it's quite a pricey accessory so ehhhhhhhh maybe they assumed any illustrator would jump for the Air or Pro instead. Apple pricing is gonna suck due to the strength of the US dollar.

I got the Air 4 at launch and it's been going strong (though I have to put Genshin on medium 60fps). I think I'll upgrade to a Pro when/if they move to an OLED display in 2-3 years time. I have an older Air 2 with an obliterated battery but it can still perform digital photo viewing duties ahahah.

Oh man it's been 10 years since I first saw yanaginagi perform live in Japan. My memories are fading, I can't even remember the full set list now. I do recall kz livetune-empty, ビードロ模様 (embedded above) and whoo-ice. It was a miracle I got a few tickets.

I saw her again 3-5(?) years ago in Sydney....I only remember aqua terrarium. All those moments lost in time, like tears in rain. =P

Oct 26, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #177,546 of 177,744
Oh man it's been 10 years since I first saw yanaginagi perform live in Japan. My memories are fading, I can't even remember the full set list now. I do recall kz livetune-empty, ビードロ模様 (embedded above) and whoo-ice. It was a miracle I got a few tickets.

We gettin' old brah.

Nov 11, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #177,548 of 177,744
To quote whomever translated the manhua I'm an evil god to English:
"life is like mustard".

Nov 26, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #177,549 of 177,744
Me when I stop reading a manga because I feel like it's given all the good it had to give:
1669497442784.jpeg

Me when some editor decides to drop a story I like:
e36

To the people making the decision to axe Martial Artist Lee Gwak exactly when the hero finally decides to stops hiding his abilities to go try & rescue the girl behind enemy lines, I hope you slip in the snow and that it causes you to end up with an entire street lamp in the butt.

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #177,550 of 177,744
Me when I stop reading a manga because I feel like it's given all the good it had to give:
1669497442784.jpeg

Me when some editor decides to drop a story I like:
e36

To the people making the decision to axe Martial Artist Lee Gwak exactly when the hero finally decides to stops hiding his abilities to go try & rescue the girl behind enemy lines, I hope you slip in the snow and that it causes you to end up with an entire street lamp in the butt.
I know the feeling bro, you invested to see character development, but when it finally comes it's only after everyone else dropped the series.

Dec 12, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #177,551 of 177,744
Just finished binging all three seasons of Log Horizon, didn't expect to enjoy it so much, especially the focus on the NPCs. The pacing was a bit inconsistent, apparently the LN author dabbled in a bit of tax evasion which may have had an effect on how much material could be adapted at the time

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Dec 12, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #177,552 of 177,744
I love the Log Horizon series! I did look up Season 3 after watching the second season and did read something about the delay caused by tax evasion, lol. I liked the premise - not only because of the RPG/video-gamed and Isekai theme, but the political and new challenges the characters have to overcome. The adventure part (and even the side-story) was great as well. Season 3 wasn't too good IMO. The soundtrack was also pretty good: Yasuharu Takanashi does a good job, I enjoyed his work in Kengan Ashura.

It is one of the few shows that I think I could watch all 25 episodes in a row without getting too bored.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #177,553 of 177,744
I think I only saw the first season way back then. At the time I liked it more than SOA. I hope I won't end up Kanyed for saying something so controversial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back