「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 14, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #176,928 of 177,744
No movement on my package from Mwave that I placed an order for more than 2 weeks ago

May 14, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #176,929 of 177,744
Amazon order from 2 weeks ago also haven't moved for me. Chair arrived after some delay, but the last few weeks Amazon has slowed down quite a bit in my area.

It's fine, but I do expect it to slowly get worse, as my city is actually the worst of the worst Canadian province hit by the virus.

A friend ordered an SSD on Newegg around the same time as my Amazon order and got it within three days though. Newegg was slow and ethernet cables were super expensive when the lockdown first happened, but it's much better now for them.

May 15, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #176,931 of 177,744
Yeah my brother in law asked me about a new laptop and there is like, no stock around. The work-from-home apocalypse has decimated what's available. I told him to wait it out.
Might be a bit hard depending on how long all this takes, which, let's be realistic, will take a while.

A friend's laptop broke just after the lockdown happened. Worst time possible as he has no other computer in his home for school. I lended him my Surface Book 2, telling him if he ultimately wants it, I'll sell it to him for the cheap. Not the most ideal laptop for his work in my honest opinion, but all the stores are closed and it was impossible for him to get a computer in time, so hopefully it will last him until he can find a new one, or just choose to buy it.

May 15, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #176,932 of 177,744
Might be a bit hard depending on how long all this takes, which, let's be realistic, will take a while.

A friend's laptop broke just after the lockdown happened. Worst time possible as he has no other computer in his home for school. I lended him my Surface Book 2, telling him if he ultimately wants it, I'll sell it to him for the cheap. Not the most ideal laptop for his work in my honest opinion, but all the stores are closed and it was impossible for him to get a computer in time, so hopefully it will last him until he can find a new one, or just choose to buy it.
Hope the battery doesn't cark it in a few months. From experience (some work-issued computers are Surface Books) SB2 batteries only last about 3 years before you start seeing weird power related issues.

May 16, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #176,933 of 177,744
Hope the battery doesn't cark it in a few months. From experience (some work-issued computers are Surface Books) SB2 batteries only last about 3 years before you start seeing weird power related issues.
Already had to deal with many issues with it! Combo of hardware and software issues..Honestly don't like that much and rarely used it, which is why I gave it to this friend indefinitely.

Only got it as a backup in case my XPS dies and I need a laptop at the moment. Not a big deal now as I'm always home, where my main workstation is.

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #176,934 of 177,744
Still no movement on my package in Japan -_- . The struggle is real.

My package from Japan arrived safe and sound.

w39DQkH.jpg

K4catLY.jpg

May 19, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #176,937 of 177,744
My wrist has started to flare up, maybe I need to invest in a mouse like that.

It's worth exploring. There are some sanwa models and logitech have ones that are controlled using your thumb. Best find out first if you like a thumb-ball or finger-ball. Either way, you'll be touching balls.

May 23, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #176,939 of 177,744
May 25, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #176,940 of 177,744
It's worth exploring. There are some sanwa models and logitech have ones that are controlled using your thumb. Best find out first if you like a thumb-ball or finger-ball. Either way, you'll be touching balls.
I was trying to find photos of my iPod Classic when I came across another classic:

XtRnumz.jpg

Never change @jgray91

Users who are viewing this thread

Back