「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 14, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #176,746 of 177,744
Stay away from FGO, I hear it can be wallet shattering if you become addicted. =P

iPad Air 2 starting to feel a bit sluggish while gaming, perfectly usable still for browsing and YouTube though, when was it released?

Oh....2014 was 6 years ago? Oof.

Ehhhh the old iPad Pro 10.5 is still hanging around the $500-$600 mark used, no need to upgrade yet I guess. Oh man the prices of the new iPads are insane, I think our weak dollarydoo isn't helping.
I’m not much of a gamer.

Aside from compatibility issues, my 1st gen (2010) iPad is snappier than my (2014) Galaxy TabPro for web browsing, and the UI, especially the multitouch gestures, is way more responsive.

@Machikado Mazoku

Do your best, Shamiko!

Feb 20, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #176,747 of 177,744
Naruto's milk has officially expired. Let us witness the coming of a Hokage!

BBE74268-A54C-47AA-B3E6-CDCFC1EED121.jpeg

Feb 21, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #176,748 of 177,744
Finished Fate/Zero.
pJR0S.png

Feb 21, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #176,749 of 177,744
Old iPhone is still my daily driver despite owning significantly better Android hardware.

Software optimizations and constant security updates despite being 6+ years old is simply better for me even it comes to a portable phone.

Can't really put myself up buy the airpods though, as they become useless when the battery dies. On my third self replaced battery on this old iPhone currently.

Kind of want a new iPad for art, but the fact that I can't easily replace the battery is one big reason I probably won't buy it anytime soon.

------------

Have been playing with Stadia for a few months now and overall as a product and service, it's okay. Can't recommend it to anyone until the free tier comes out as the upfront cost currently is simply too high.

Also the controller sux. ;-;

On the other hand, since I was planning to buy a controller for certain games, and was interested in a Chromecast anyways, I've actually really enjoyed Stadia! Been playing through it way more than on PC, though that's mostly due to the bonus destiny 2 stuff that I don't have on PC.

Many limitations make me not want to continue my subscription, so I'll be grinding all the games I can with the subscription before it expires, but I do look forward to how game streaming as a whole moves forward.

------------

Random question for you all:

High refresh rate or high resolution?

Would you trade 4+k 60 for 1440p 120+Hz?

Assume you can maintain the max resolution and refresh rate for both

Personally after 60, I don't care at all so 4k60 for 27 to 32 inch displays all the way.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #176,750 of 177,744
Old iPhone is still my daily driver despite owning significantly better Android hardware.

Software optimizations and constant security updates despite being 6+ years old is simply better for me even it comes to a portable phone.

Can't really put myself up buy the airpods though, as they become useless when the battery dies. On my third self replaced battery on this old iPhone currently.

Kind of want a new iPad for art, but the fact that I can't easily replace the battery is one big reason I probably won't buy it anytime soon.

------------

Have been playing with Stadia for a few months now and overall as a product and service, it's okay. Can't recommend it to anyone until the free tier comes out as the upfront cost currently is simply too high.

Also the controller sux. ;-;

On the other hand, since I was planning to buy a controller for certain games, and was interested in a Chromecast anyways, I've actually really enjoyed Stadia! Been playing through it way more than on PC, though that's mostly due to the bonus destiny 2 stuff that I don't have on PC.

Many limitations make me not want to continue my subscription, so I'll be grinding all the games I can with the subscription before it expires, but I do look forward to how game streaming as a whole moves forward.

------------

Random question for you all:

High refresh rate or high resolution?

Aimee you can maintain the max resolution and refresh rate for both

Personally after 60, I don't care at all so 4k60 for 27 to 32 inch displays all the way.
I intend to stick with my XS Max for as long as possible. It's the last model to have 3D Touch so I hope I don't cave into getting one without it!

Regarding monitors, I prefer high refresh rate over 4K. Windows HiDPI scaling is still shiite.

Feb 23, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #176,751 of 177,744

Hmm if I was still big into gaming, I'd take the 1440p 120Hz but only if it is a solid panel like IPS or a good VA. Ehh I think 4K is still overkill in normal use.

4K doesn't really do much for me because my eyes aren't so good and I won't be able to take advantage of the real estate. I'm on a 27" 1440p panel now and this forum page for example has to be @ 150% for me to read comfortably.

Most of the time I'm just reading text so the higher DPI/sharpness isn't really noticeable because I have to scale things up anyway. Any video content consumption is on a secondary monitor off to the side too and I'm only glancing at it occasionally, so FHD vs 4K makes no difference there too.

The smoothness from higher refresh rate matters more to me for gaming, I'm the kind of player who probably won't even notice medium/high vs ultra graphics in normal use. =P

Feb 23, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #176,752 of 177,744
Currently rewatching F/SN UBW (TV). It makes more sense now!

Feb 25, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #176,753 of 177,744
I have a dead HP Spectre X360 13 in my hands, ahh there's nothing like buying schematics and boardviews from dodgy Russian websites, it's actually quite thrilling because you don't know if you're gonna get scammed or not. =P

I quite like "that controversial anime that's been surging in rating on MAL and I can't believe it's not H", it's very funny.

Feb 25, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #176,754 of 177,744
I have a dead HP Spectre X360 13 in my hands, ahh there's nothing like buying schematics and boardviews from dodgy Russian websites, it's actually quite thrilling because you don't know if you're gonna get scammed or not. =P

I quite like "that controversial anime that's been surging in rating on MAL and I can't believe it's not H", it's very funny.
I presume you've tried turning it off and on again?

The rating dropped by about a thousand places after a bunch of bot accounts got pruned, right?

Re-finished UBW (TV). I am ready for Heaven's Feel

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #176,755 of 177,744
Feb 26, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #176,757 of 177,744
Ahahah I gave it a good 20 minutes, can't find it!

I've looked through the 2014 Comiket photos and I don't think I saw her there. Unless the photo was taken before then...
The photo wasn’t taken in a convention setting. It was either taken against shrubbery or some sort of wooden balcony/walkway that has a wooden handrail.

I wanted to see it again so I can poke fun at it again (in the least ill-intentioned way possible for a cosplay of Yui that depicts her as someone who’d be seen flexing haute couture)

I didn't know Yui had that LV swag
tongue.gif

The hair clips says yes, the handbag says no. 4/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back