「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 26, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #176,731 of 177,740
Keep us updated!
IMG_1693.jpeg

Doesn't work on the SP3, does data + video but not charging on the SP4, works as advertised on the SP5. Doesn't work at all on the Surface Book.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #176,732 of 177,740

Doesn't work at all on the Surface Book.

Shoot, Surface Book 2 is the one I have (though I've never used it).

"For commercial and educational customers"

Looks like the price might be low for the same reason as my Surface Book. :D

Jan 28, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #176,733 of 177,740
Shoot, Surface Book 2 is the one I have (though I've never used it).

"For commercial and educational customers"

Looks like the price might be low for the same reason as my Surface Book. :D
It should work on the SB2, though you already have a Type-C port. This adapter will give you another.

Jan 28, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #176,734 of 177,740
I went to Costco in search of the Apple 18W charger, but all they had was the 12W for $23 (which isn't too bad since I still have an old iPad Air 2 that can't take advantage of USB PD charging). Oh well looks like fast charging is going to have to wait a little longer. XD

They had the iTunes cards for 20% off...couldn't resist. =P

I'm not spending a single cent on Arknights though because I think the microtransaction system is too unfair for a free-to-play account.

The gacha resource is too scarce, and the rates are too low. You get roughly 20 pulls per month with a SSR rate of 2%. So every month there is only a 33% chance of hitting any SSR and if you were rolling for a waifu on the rate up (0.5%), then a month worth of resources will get you a 9.5% chance of hitting your waifu.

In Azur Lane the SSR rate is 7% and the rate up is usually 2% for a specific ship/waifu. The kicker is, though, you get 120+ rolls per month as a free-to-play account just doing normal dailies and such which takes maybe 15 minutes per day (most of which is auto-battling so maybe it's 3-5 minutes of navigating menus per day). A months resources gets you a 91% chance of your waifu coming home.

The stamina system is very stingy in Arknights, you can only store roughly 12-15 hours of stamina until you hit the cap. This is very frustrating as a casual player because you'll always be losing out if you can only log on to play once per evening.
In Azur Lane I can store around 5 days of stamina before hitting the cap, and there are stamina sinks in game to quickly shed any excess if needed. In Arknights you can deplete your daily stamina in 30 minutes of grinding, and in Azur Lane it's ~60 minutes of grinding if you have no regard for efficiency (realistically 120+ minutes easily).

Oh it gets even worse for Arknights. The monthly pass ($5) requires a daily login to reap the full rewards, and in-game mail with bonus resources from events expires after a week or two (so on an extended break you'll miss out on a lot). Mail lasts forever in Azur Lane, and the monthly pass($8) does not require daily login to "claim" all the rewards....which is how it should be if you're paying real money for something.

I am the prey in Arknights, it feels like the game is designed to frustrate the hell out of you into whipping out your wallet to find relief.

I think I've spent maybe ~USD70 in Azur Lane over the past 14 months which is about the price of a AAA title. Not a single dollar went into the gacha system and there are no lootboxes so I knew exactly what I was getting for my money (lots of....lewd skins... a fool and his money are soon parted eh?).

Oh man the nostalgia.

Feb 2, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #176,736 of 177,740
Looks refreshing! Still a bit to refine as buttons keep getting pressed while I'm scrolling on mobile, and some small cutoffs here and there, but overall looking good!
\(^~^)/

I can actually see the page number for this ungodly thread in whole compared to the last massive move. :D

Feb 2, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #176,740 of 177,740
So much gradients.

Because more gradients = modern streamline looking. : P

Also wrong emoji! XD

Screenshot_20200202_141832.jpg

(I typed tongue sticking out.)

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #176,742 of 177,740
Always wanted a Chromecast Audio because it's a cool device but didn't have much purpose for it, especially since I have a couple of spare Raspberry Pi Zeros laying around.

Since it's discontinued, I decided to pick up a new one from someone claiming to sell unopened CC audios from eBay for about 15 CAD. Might be time to make my speakers more intelligent!

----------

At work, I had some audio issues with my setup and a lead passed by to check it out. After he got it working by brushing his aura on it, he was like, "WHAT IS THIS WEEB MUSIC??!!!"

XD

Feb 8, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #176,743 of 177,740
The new mobile UI is pretty nice to use.

Feb 13, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #176,744 of 177,740
OK I'm picking up the Fate series again, wish me luck

5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwFE2CScPk4ws50OwVNLPETI

Feb 13, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #176,745 of 177,740
OK I'm picking up the Fate series again, wish me luck

Stay away from FGO, I hear it can be wallet shattering if you become addicted. =P

iPad Air 2 starting to feel a bit sluggish while gaming, perfectly usable still for browsing and YouTube though, when was it released?

Oh....2014 was 6 years ago? Oof.

Ehhhh the old iPad Pro 10.5 is still hanging around the $500-$600 mark used, no need to upgrade yet I guess. Oh man the prices of the new iPads are insane, I think our weak dollarydoo isn't helping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back