「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 8, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #172,996 of 177,744
*insert Linus TunnelBear sponser
AHAHAHAHAHA

------
Charged my iPhone to 100% this morning. After 12 hours of being on but not used, it's at 14%.

30 seconds later, it shuts down due to having no power left...

I wonder if a recent drop us resulting in the constant loss of power...

Update. Plugged it into my laptop for any a minute and it's back up again, at 22% power.

Welp, guess I'll be needing a new iOS device for my games. :p

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #172,997 of 177,744
Try calibrating the battery, it takes a while to do but it could help, use the phone till it shuts off, then try turning it on again and repeat to use all the battery, then let it off charging till 100%, unplug the charger and turn the cellphone on, if it's not 100% charge it, then turn it off, turn on and do it again, repeat until it shows 100% when turned on, then discharge it again, charge it, and it's done. Just don't repeat this procedure all the time as it isn't that good for the battery

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #172,998 of 177,744
AHAHAHAHAHA
Charged my iPhone to 100% this morning. After 12 hours of being on but not used, it's at 14%.

30 seconds later, it shuts down due to having no power left...

I wonder if a recent drop us resulting in the constant loss of power...

Update. Plugged it into my laptop for any a minute and it's back up again, at 22% power.

Welp, guess I'll be needing a new iOS device for my games. :p

Buy replacement battery? 

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #173,001 of 177,744
If you use your cellphone everyday, yeah it's old and its lifetime may be coming to an end, it would be good to exchange it.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #173,002 of 177,744

utube says my country isn't worthy.

*insert Linus TunnelBear sponser

I can't I'm cough cough... downloading
ph34r.gif
a lot of ... cough cough perfectly legal... new animes that probably won't become available in france even in 20 years because we suck. and with my amazing internet speed, it already takes 2.7 eternities without a VPN.
else I do have tunnelbear for when I'm in hotels and stuff so I could indeed grow a brain and think to use it even at home sometimes.
tongue.gif

I had hotspot shield for years then hey started spamming ads on the free version.
mad.gif

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #173,003 of 177,744

I can't I'm cough cough... downloading
ph34r.gif
a lot of ... cough cough perfectly legal... new animes that probably won't become available in france even in 20 years because we suck. and with my amazing internet speed, it already takes 2.7 eternities without a VPN.
else I do have tunnelbear for when I'm in hotels and stuff so I could indeed grow a brain and think to use it even at home sometimes.
tongue.gif

I had hotspot shield for years then hey started spamming ads on the free version.
mad.gif

TunnelBear has a browser only "VPN" too. It's just a proxy but it gets the job done. 

Apr 9, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #173,004 of 177,744
  TunnelBear has a browser only "VPN" too. It's just a proxy but it gets the job done. 

+1

Albeit I don't remember TunnelBear being one of the recommended VPNs. I'm not completely sure by looking at their Privacy Policy and ToS as far as no logging and personal information storage goes but it's not completely clear to me how they deal with law enforcement data requests (obviously we should never be having this problem but it's considered a must for VPN companies to disclose this to ensure that they are a good service) outside of just shutting down your account. They're not under US Jurisdiction since they're based in Canada (that's just off assumption though, I don't actually know how jurisdiction works between the US and Canada) so depending on what CA law's are like it can be weird.

Ideally you want a service based out of the US, logs no private data outside of whatever you linked to pay as well as login credentials and to some degree some diagnostic data (this one's a grey zone, look carefully into what's being tracked for diagnostics). Bonuses are the ability to pay with currencies you can't trace (nobody really cares except the people who need the utmost of privacy like say, a whistleblower) and a good selection of servers (for us it's looking for west ones like US, CA, somewhere in Europe if you want to watch the olympics for free on BBC and aren't using a proxy already; then Asian countries for area restricted content).

I think the ones I last narrowed it down to as far as pricing and service goes were NordVPN, VPN.ht, and a handful. Private Internet Access is weird due to being in US jurisdiction but having a very good track record. TorrentFreak recommends them, PrivacyTools.io does not simply because of US Jurisdiction (even though with their policies they actually have nothing to hand over to the government if they get a request) and transparency policies in which they tell when they've been asked by the government for data (since there's laws preventing these companies from doing it explicitly depending on jurisdiction, they may also just use a warrant canary which is basically this document they update every day to say they're in the clear until they stop updating it).

https://privacytoolsio.github.io/privacytools.io/#vpn

https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-anonymous-review-2017-170304/

Good resources.

SurfEasy (the one that's now built into Opera) isn't any good. It's no logs but they can begin collecting user data if the government requests them to. All of the free ones are pretty trash as far as hardcore privacy advocates go but for general stuff they'll be fine.

If you want a proxy/VPN that lets you choose your output location then the free ones will work fine. Otherwise you can just use Psiphon or Lantern (Tor is pretty bad as far as speed goes and certain nodes can be trap nodes) but these two are just anticensorship tools, not annonymity tools (where Tor is annonymity).

If you want the easiest setup, just make sure the next router you purchase has OpenVPN support or some sort of VPN support (ASUS ones are good, especially with Merlin firmware. Custom built ones running certain firewalls/distros work as well and that's probably the most futureproof and flexible approach, as well as expensive in the short term but the amount of computing power you get over an average router is quite high so all you have to swap out is the wireless adapter (or if you're running a mesh, just the mesh ports).

That basically lets you wire up your entire house to the VPN yet still acting as only one client. Then just keep the standalone client for when you're gone from home or if you're at user limit for the VPN you're using, set up another VPN from home if the router can run its own VPN server but the speed of that VPN is limited by your home's upload speed.

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #173,006 of 177,744
Or just be like me and read the whole story on some wiki and watch all the fight clips on YouTube. :p

------

Beautiful.

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #173,009 of 177,744

WOW, what can I say? Instant buy in Hi Res format for me on this song. 

(VPN to japan if you want to listen to it)

Part of me never wants to see ClariS' faces.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back