「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 7, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #172,966 of 177,745
  No wonder that username was so familiar when I saw it yesterday...

As long as it's not terribly mastered, I've never factored in DR when determining whether I like a song or not. It's kinda pointless to try and base a qualitative aspect of music with a quantitative description.

I use that username on a lot of stuff so expect to see me more often now :))

Just bought White Album 2 Vocal soundtrack in DSD, and holy crap, that stuff is next level fidelity anisong album, for 2 thousand yen, it's a steal for WA lovers

For people who are wondering whether this is real stuff or not (saw this a while ago): This album has an SACD format and while it's recorded at Studio Sound Dali it is mastered at Sony Music Studios Tokyo and their staffs mastered it. So it's probably recorded in DXD then remastered in DSD

Here's the scan of the back of the SACD to proof it

This is not the only WA album in DSD, Fix Record also releases the WA2 anime soundtrack, WA2 visual novel soundtrack ,the Piano score in the anime in DSD too, damn these guys are serious at what they do

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #172,967 of 177,745

As long as it's not terribly mastered, I've never factored in DR when determining whether I like a song or not. It's kinda pointless to try and base a qualitative aspect of music with a quantitative description.

Gahahahah what a find.

Yeah I totally agree, this is a discussion of good/bad sound quality and not of good/bad music in case that wasn't clear earlier.

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #172,968 of 177,745

Just bought White Album 2 Vocal soundtrack in DSD, and holy crap, that stuff is next level fidelity anisong album, for 2 thousand yen, it's a steal for WA lovers

For people who are wondering whether this is real stuff or not (saw this a while ago): This album has an SACD format and while it's recorded at Studio Sound Dali it is mastered at Sony Music Studios Tokyo and their staffs mastered it. So it's probably recorded in DXD then remastered in DSD

Here's the scan of the back of the SACD to proof it

This is not the only WA album in DSD, Fix Record also releases the WA2 anime soundtrack, WA2 visual novel soundtrack ,the Piano score in the anime in DSD too, damn these guys are serious at what they do

Than you need to get the WA2 collection box 
tongue.gif

CD from FIX Record are all well recorded, well mastered, including songs from Suara which I highly recommend if looking for well mastered Anisong.
FYR, she also performed most of the theme songs of Leaf / Aquaplus game and anime.

Btw, songs performed by Lia (mostly Key's songs) are also well mastered IMO. Lia fans anyone?

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #172,969 of 177,745
Than you need to get the WA2 collection box :p

CD from FIX Record are all well recorded, well mastered, including songs from Suara which I highly recommend if looking for well mastered Anisong.
FYR, she also performed most of the theme songs of Leaf / Aquaplus game and anime.

Btw, songs performed by Lia (mostly Key's songs) are also well mastered IMO. Lia fans anyone?
I'd love to but I don't have something to play SACD :frowning2:(. Oh if I remember Lia also have a single recorded in hi res too. Will look into it

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #172,972 of 177,745

My only experience with White Album was this remix and I like it already:

It's one of those times that I want to watch an anime because of music from it. Yuru Yuri, Nyaruko-san, Working!!, Monogatari series, Railgun, Minami-ke! and Nagi no Asukara were others, to name a few.

Gahahahah what a find.

Yeah I totally agree, this is a discussion of good/bad sound quality and not of good/bad music in case that wasn't clear earlier.

Yes I think I got that part, it was more of an opinionated reply to both @castleofargh's "fake objectivity oriented audiophile" and your "litmus test". Should've added "IMO" at the end. I also consider myself to be a "fauxdiophile".

Originally Posted by PCheung /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You bet!

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #172,973 of 177,745
Apr 7, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #172,976 of 177,745

Our legendary thread. 
tongue.gif

If the new galaxy S8 had stereo speakers sort of like the iPhone 7, it would be close to perfect design wise in my books. Huge pressure on Apple for their next design.

AAMML is legendary they said....

And what do people conspire about Claris anyway?

I agree, stereo speakers is a big plus, I can't put up with mono anymore

Apr 7, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #172,977 of 177,745
@Clockwork Planet

Hnnngggggggggg :3

Now the sad thing is that she probably won't even appear in the show until near the end of the season
frown.gif

Oh and it looks like the anime dropped RyuZU's code name completely.....
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back