「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 28, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #171,136 of 177,745
Finished Nodame S1 poi. Easily a 9/10 or 10/10 for me :>
Carry on to S2.....

I've been trying to not watch this show for... apparently 10 years. Wow.

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #171,138 of 177,745
Why? I think it's pretty good.

Oh I have no doubt. It's the situation where you know something is probably really good but probably not your style. You should watch it but aren't sure if you can get past your lack of interest. I feel like Your Lie was the same kind of deal, ironically also set around music.

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #171,140 of 177,745
They sound pretty decent actually, better than what I expected for the price. For example my HD 25-1 II's cost 1.5x as much, but I think these Shure's sound a bit better. More clarity, OK soundstage. Treble is not so great, and bass doesn't reach that low, otherwise nothing wrong.. A lot of isolation too, but I found a bit hard to get a good seal. The memory foam tips keep falling out my ear when I move my jaw too much, so I use the rubber tips, but they leave something to be desired in terms of comfort.

Ok, it seems we also have Rikkun seal of approval

On the SE215 as well. 

Finished Nodame S1 poi. Easily a 9/10 or 10/10 for me :>
Carry on to S2.....

This and Kare Kano are on my watch list

Why? I think it's pretty good.

Crap, since Rikkun is in agreement. I am going in and watching Nodame!

Sad :frowning2:

(Actually I kinda happy cuz never thought Miru Kishibe could be this cute)

I gotta catch up! poi

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #171,143 of 177,745
This video pretty much describes my fears and slight dislike of German engineering and why I am still hesitant on getting a BMW motorcycle

The backup mechanical door lock mechanism can be easilly broken because proper 'natural user response/usage' was not implemented well. And it takes a team to just open the hood 

Quote:

Hina-chan is one of the anime characters that has the power to melt my icy dead otaku heart.

Yeah, one of my favorite lolis
  https://twitter.com/someplacesweet/status/813938793162166272

Link doesn't work?

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #171,144 of 177,745
  Link doesn't work?

Guess it was deleted (or Twitter has problems). Notice anyone familiar?

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3Bicy50d2ltZy5jb20vbWVkaWEvQzB1eEF5RVVVQUVNb1Y3LmpwZzpsYXJnZSJ9.fjVmlWlgY5eMKdoc0FJS2CaALvQ

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #171,147 of 177,745
This video pretty much describes my fears and slight dislike of German engineering and why I am still hesitant on getting a BMW motorcycle

The backup mechanical door lock mechanism can be easilly broken because proper 'natural user response/usage' was not implemented well. And it takes a team to just open the hood

Yeaaa, but the i8 is an exotic. They don't expect most i8 owners to be opening up their own hood.

43205322.jpg

Dec 29, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #171,148 of 177,745
Oh I have no doubt. It's the situation where you know something is probably really good but probably not your style. You should watch it but aren't sure if you can get past your lack of interest. I feel like Your Lie was the same kind of deal, ironically also set around music.

I had that worry poi before watching too. Love comedy may not work well if characters or humor doesn't match one's taste (School Rumble is an example in my case orz), but then I got addicted after watching ep1.. Nodame herself is already such an impactful character >.<
And this show has much more music (mostly piano, violin or orchestras) than any anime I've watched before, even the OP/ED are of very high standards poi.

Compared to April Lie, this one is more smooth or fast paced, and definitely lighter or easier to watch. As a reference, April Lie was like a 7/10 to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back