「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 23, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #169,291 of 177,744
Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel] was originally announced as a movie, but it's actually going to be a *trilogy* with the first slated for next year.

Heaven's Feel was the final route in the original visual novel. Many feel (no pun intended) that this is the best route in the storyline, and just from reading the synopsis, I must agree. I have high hopes for this animated adaptation. I get the feeling it will surpass Fate/Zero for me personally.

Major spoilers for anyone who wants 'em:
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Heaven's_Feel_(route)
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Sakura_Matou
http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Sakura
http://www.outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/8-character-profiles/467-character-profile-dark-sakura
http://www.aminoapps.com/page/anime/39827/sakura-matou

The music for the movies will be done by Yuki Kajiura. (One of my favorite composers who did the soundtracks for Akame Ga Kill!, Black Butler, Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works], Fate/Zero, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Soul Eater, Sword Art Online, etc.)

And now for some videos. The two PVs don't reveal much, but the last video is an impressive Heaven's Feel opening animation by Ufotable for the edited/updated version of the VN (which includes voice acting and other extra content) entitled Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] and released on PS2, Windows, and PS Vita.

Oct 23, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #169,292 of 177,744

@vantt1, @deadlylover, @Idsynchrono_24, @AxelCloris
I know you guys are iPhone nuts, so I thought this was super interesting. It gets on the chemistry side of things like H.O.T. did....if you know what I mean.

That is interesting. The scratch resistance of sapphire combined with the optical clarity of glass. If only the screen was like that. I wonder if it's the same with the Touch ID sensor because it doesn't need to be as transparent as possible like the camera lens does. 

Oct 23, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #169,293 of 177,744
  That is interesting. The scratch resistance of sapphire combined with the optical clarity of glass. If only the screen was like that. I wonder if it's the same with the Touch ID sensor because it doesn't need to be as transparent as possible like the camera lens does. 

If only Apple's implementation of the sapphire glass was actually decent. It's like when they had the bendgate thing and it turned out the aluminium alloy was subpar. Same thing here, apple have some cheapo sapphire coated glass that doesn't even have a decently pure sapphire laminate. I'm sure that a purer sapphire laminate would have the same nice mechanical properties (won't shatter as easily as a pure sapphire lens of that thickness, better optical transmission than pure sapphire) and also be more scratch resistant than the current implementation.

Oct 23, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #169,295 of 177,744

If only Apple's implementation of the sapphire glass was actually decent. It's like when they had the bendgate thing and it turned out the aluminium alloy was subpar. Same thing here, apple have some cheapo sapphire coated glass that doesn't even have a decently pure sapphire laminate. I'm sure that a purer sapphire laminate would have the same nice mechanical properties (won't shatter as easily as a pure sapphire lens of that thickness, better optical transmission than pure sapphire) and also be more scratch resistant than the current implementation.

It was more of a design fault than a material fault. The iPhone's side buttons are really big compared to most other smartphones'. The upgrade to 7000 series certainly does help though. Oppo and Huawei's aluminum phones have housings that feel more rigid than the iPhone 6/6 Plus' (from my experience) at similar thicknesses.

We won't know exactly how much a certain percentage of sapphire will affect the transparency of the lens. Apple has a pretty high standard for camera lens clarity - adding an AR coating on the inside of the front camera aperture in the cover glass is supportive of this, so they have their reasons for the current lens composition; and cost-cutting is not one of them.

I think the current implementation is fine as it is. It virtually never scratches and doesn't break nearly as easily as Samsung's pure glass lenses in the Note 4/Note edge/S7/S7 edge, or HTC's (pure? I have no source for this) sapphire lens in the M9. I think the size of the lens is more relevant to how easy it is to break than the material, and the iPhone's lens is only as big as is necessary.  

Oct 23, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #169,296 of 177,744
  Any of you still watching Vivid Strike this season? This week's episode got real dark lol.

That last part was so kimochi-iiiiiiiii XD

Oct 24, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #169,297 of 177,744
I'm topping out at 30MB/S transferring files wifi>wifi, through two walls, has anyone been getting better wifi performance? (using the Netgear R8000, need to know if I should play around with settings/firmware....I'd rather not)

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #169,298 of 177,744
  Some chinese forum haha
PMed

Do you mind hooking me up as well? 
beerchug.gif

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #169,299 of 177,744
Oh and while I was at Linksys event on Thursday this was the door gift. Wow. Not bad.

Dayum, only AC600 but that's a pretty good door prize! :D

You guys need some rice and instant noodles with your battlestations.

Mexican Chinese rice? O.o

Oh I forgot the ramen for @Tangster

Heh I see you're becoming quite the android fan.  
tongue.gif

Press F to pay respects. X(

Ah well back to ol' faithful, time for some superglue and duct tape later. ><

Dang, that sucks mang :frowning2:
What kind of repair job are you planning to do to them?

The Lambda series of headphones have been around for decades though, and they don't cost thousands. The SR-202 was first made in 1999, for example.

That, plus the Lambda series is actually pretty modular for a headphone. You can buy the earpads, head arc, and head pad all separately. You don't see that kind of feature in modern multi-thousand dollar headphones, do you? XD

Still with amp it costs more than thousand dollars. Well I dont any new multi-thousand dollar headphones that brokes easily too.

Errr no not really. I got my SRS-2020 system for under $300 shipped from Japan through a proxy a few years ago (including the headphones and amp).

​Find a machine shop to make you a metal one and never have to fix again.

Don't use superglue. Use a glue thats enough to put that together. Because superglues can kinda melt the plastic components.

Superglue doesn't hold well, I need some kind of epoxy or maybe drill some holes and reinforce it with metal strips. The repair broke after two uses. XD

A mate gave me some carbon fibre vinyl wrap....I am a simple man;

Lol wrap the whole headband while you're at it!

But.. They both use the same driver and have the same impedance and such...

Did the 5k have any damping mods done to it? I wonder if my D2k I just picked up may have some internal damping and such to lower the treble a bit? I'm guessing the increased bass on the 2k is due to to a better seal created by leather pads versus velour.

Trying giving it some more burn in, I'm playing with the E-mu teaks right now and the treble is only now starting to even out after like a few nights of just running it with music.

Dude, we're talking about headphones that have been discontinued for 4 years now, I'm pretty sure both of them have plenty of burn-in. 
tongue.gif

Plus the D5k had replacement earpads (implying the original ones were worn through) plus a leather wrap around the headband. So the previous owner probably put some serious hours on them lol.

Oct 24, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #169,300 of 177,744
Dayum, only AC600 but that's a pretty good door prize! :D

Mexican Chinese rice? O.o

Heh I see you're becoming quite the android fan.  :p

Dang, that sucks mang :frowning2:
What kind of repair job are you planning to do to them?

Errr no not really. I got my SRS-2020 system for under $300 shipped from Japan through a proxy a few years ago (including the headphones and amp).

Lol wrap the whole headband while you're at it!

Dude, we're talking about headphones that have been discontinued for 4 years now, I'm pretty sure both of them have plenty of burn-in. :p
Plus the D5k had replacement earpads (implying the original ones were worn through) plus a leather wrap around the headband. So the previous owner probably put some serious hours on them lol.

Makes me want to buy used staxen

Oct 24, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #169,305 of 177,744
I'm topping out at 30MB/S transferring files wifi>wifi, through two walls, has anyone been getting better wifi performance? (using the Netgear R8000, need to know if I should play around with settings/firmware....I'd rather not)

Seems a bit slow for that beast but there are a lot of factors IMO.

If you're on a 5GHz band,
5GHz can ideally hit 1.3Gbps on th R8000, but has poor... penetration. Without knowing how thick or what your walls are made of and the angle from machine to router compared to the wall, it's hard to say. Plus you would need the right hardware on the receiving side to get that max potential speed. 30MB/s is pretty much 1/5 the max potential speed of this one.

My R7000 through effectively 2.5 walls at an angle not minimizing the amount of wall the signal has to travel through was better off using 2.4GHz.

2.4GHz will ideally hit 600Gbps, which is lik 75MB/s, but through 2 walls of unknown thickness and composition and angle for line of transmission, maybe seems reasonable...

Hope that helps.

Maybe check out small builder net to see their testing, if they have the R8000. But note their settings are not usually stock/default.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back