「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 10, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #168,916 of 177,744
Uh oh. Just broke my Rockets. No more listening on the go anymore. 

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #168,918 of 177,744
Oct 10, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #168,921 of 177,744

Haven't talked to you in awhile! Looks like you finally got the 009 you wanted. One of my headphones might be defective so the manufacturer is replacing it for free...eventually.

I'm hoping they don't develop channel imbalances in the next couple of months. We'll see. Sounds ok so far. 

All stats are basically like ticking time bombs whether they're $200 or $2000.

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #168,922 of 177,744
  I'm hoping they don't develop channel imbalances in the next couple of months. We'll see. Sounds ok so far. 

Did you get one from PJ? (Whether direct or used.) I've looked into the channel imbalance phenomenon and it would appear that models from PJ have a higher rate of failure. Having to wait weeks or months to get it back is a real pain too...

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #168,923 of 177,744

Did you get one from PJ? (Whether direct or used.) I've looked into the channel imbalance phenomenon and it would appear that models from PJ have a higher rate of failure. Having to wait weeks or months to get it back is a real pain too...

Yeah, used from PJ. But its also been used for 2 years. Channel imbalance usually occurs during the first couple months. The case of failure I think someone calculated to be around 5% from like pretty shoddy data. 

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #168,924 of 177,744
Oct 10, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #168,926 of 177,744

Can't use those on the streets of NY. Gonna get mugged. 

How did you come to this conclusion lol?

Sorry to hear about your Rockets! What happened?
Also, 5yr warranty, no?

Lol, just a stereotype I had about NY when I first came. Decided to keep it alive. I come from a sheltered Cali lifestyle.

Just one of those usual cable failures. The left earpiece is starting to short out. I have abused it quite a bit as a 'beater' through normal use but I had hoped it would last more than 1 years. 

First time I heard about the 5 yr warranty. Although now they being bought by fender, and the fact I bought this used. They prob wouldn't honor any warranty on them. 

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #168,927 of 177,744
Stax is pretty much the only game in town as far as excellent sounding electrostatic HPs. If MrSpeakers es sounds between an 007 and 009 and priced right, they would sell quite a few.

If under 3k is the right price you meant, then maybe it is.

Though I admit Stax is crazy good, I've decided to leave estats for now since I just can't seem to let go of my HD800 and instead trying out amps with it.

Oct 10, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #168,929 of 177,744
Lol, just a stereotype I had about NY when I first came. Decided to keep it alive. I come from a sheltered Cali lifestyle.

Just one of those usual cable failures. The left earpiece is starting to short out. I have abused it quite a bit as a 'beater' through normal use but I had hoped it would last more than 1 years. 

First time I heard about the 5 yr warranty. Although now they being bought by fender, and the fact I bought this used. They prob wouldn't honor any warranty on them. 

Haha yea ok, let's keep that one going.

That sucks. Yea non-transferable warranty. Any chance the seller could help you out? I've had luck with that, people being decent and all.

I wonder what people do to abuse earphones to that extent from daily wear. I just wrap them up around my hand and throw them into a crowded bag pocket usually. I can only correlate that to bad luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back