「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 23, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #153,646 of 177,744
So you'd prefer Dio bite Vanilla Ice?  I know Araki said Dio is bisexual but I don't think that would fly even in a magazine with as much homoerotic undertones as WSJ.  Now that I mention it, if they ever adapt Part 6 I wonder how they'd show the bedroom scene between Dio and Pucci.

This episode is one I wish they didn't follow the manga so faithfully, as the part with Suzy Q was really out of place with the rest of the episode.  Also leave only 4 episodes to cover Dio's ZA WARUDO which is 19 chapters in the manga.

Who knows, maybe vanilla ice is pretty tasty after all.
image.jpg

But yeah, the Suzy Q scene was just really random and out of the blue. When they transitioned to it from Vanilla Ice, I was just like: "uh......what?"

May 24, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #153,651 of 177,744
  Can this please be a thing?

http://www.iflscience.com/space/planet-earth-now-has-flag

I really like this concept! Being patriotic towards the whole planet sounds like a better idea than...well, you know.
Would hang one of these outside my house.

Quote:
Speaking of immigrants....I don't think anyone who comes/flees to Europe despite the ESC should be kept from doing so.

You can't be patriotic towards the planet though even if it has a national flag designation. The term patriotic has a stern inclusion of a specific country. 
rolleyes.gif

George F. Will has a nice quote on it:
 Patriotism is fundamental to liberty because pride in one’s nation-state, and a willingness to defend it if necessary, is the basis of national independence. Patriotism is the courage of national self-determination.

You can however be loyal, fervid, zealous, proud, and jovial about the international planetary entity and its flag designation. 

The only problem I see with the design is that it is very Scandanavian. The central rings and how it is formed and overlayed has an extreme scandanavian or Norse applique to it. Something like this may be to the chagrin of other nations. The creator is, however, Swedish.

Also very weird about the project is that every example or picture imagery he used is extremely American in every aspect. Generally these example pics are to allow the user/viewer to put themselves in the shoes of what the creator wants them to see. Despite being an international flag created by a Swedish gent. The imagery is targeted towards Americans. The astronaut suit and pose is something American/Canadian agencies do mainly. The suburban neighborhoods with laws AND (most importantly) flags in a row hanging outside their porches is a sure sign of a targeted ideal. Very few if any countries in the world have neighborhoods where it is perfectly normal to have national flags out on a front lawn en mass. And then we have the stadium.

Nice idea. But like any international project and why they so often have issues....is because of the idea behind even why I am quarelling with it. You can't make everyone happy.

May 24, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #153,654 of 177,744
I've been watching Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso for the last couple days and somehow I frakking love this show.

Also I own nice headphones for the first time in a very long time. Got some NAD HP50s from someone in the FS forum.

How's everyone doin'?

May 24, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #153,655 of 177,744
  I've been watching Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso for the last couple days and somehow I frakking love this show.

Also I own nice headphones for the first time in a very long time. Got some NAD HP50s from someone in the FS forum.

How's everyone doin'?

gs1000.gif

Most of us here like it too...well except TYG

doing well man. The Witcher 3 has taken over my life

Users who are viewing this thread

Back