「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 12, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #148,442 of 177,745
No MagSafe.... Dead

Quite unfortunate. 
frown.gif

The worst part is that the patent for it still hasn't expired, so nobody in the US can pick it up. Sony got away with it on the Xperia phones since they're in Japan.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #148,443 of 177,745
@HybridCore
And there you go, USB-C is USB 3.1.

RIP lol Thunderbolt

Lol "buy your connectors now while they're cheap". That's BS. Everyone knows the longer technology is around, the cheaper it is.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #148,444 of 177,745
God I hate the traffic in LA. Today it took around 30 minutes to get to work and heading back I was literally sitting not moving for an hour and a half, one mile away from work waiting to get on the freeway. Thanks Obama!

/rant

In other news Obama is in Los Angeles today. So I can literally blame Obama for the traffic.

Kancolle maintenance started and 4 and a half hours left, probably going to bed before that finishes. Too tired~

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 12, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #148,446 of 177,745
  20V at 5 amps.

http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~p616/safety/fatal_current.html

Expect lots of death from cheap Chinese USB-C products.

IIRC, It will supply 5V@2A by default, other power profiles will be supplied on demand (if the host permits).

and no, there's no way you're gonna get shocked by 20V unless you stick the wires directly into your heart or something.

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #148,447 of 177,745
No MagSafe.... Dead

Quite unfortunate. :frowning2:

The worst part is that the patent for it still hasn't expired, so nobody in the US can pick it up. Sony got away with it on the Xperia phones since they're in Japan.

MagSafe was one of the big things for me personally since it was 1) so easy to put in and 2) so easy to pull out. I've had those "college student trips on power cords and rips cables out of computers" incidents, and I'm not sure how that'll fare with the USB-C connection. T_T

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #148,448 of 177,745

MagSafe was one of the big things for me personally since it was 1) so easy to put in and 2) so easy to pull out. I've had those "college student trips on power cords and rips cables out of computers" incidents, and I'm not sure how that'll fare with the USB-C connection. T_T

I've never had anything close to that happening, but yes MagSafe is a pretty big part of MacBooks. USB Type-C will kinda even out the playing field in terms of chargers.

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #148,449 of 177,745
I've never had anything close to that happening, but yes MagSafe is a pretty big part of MacBooks. USB Type-C will kinda even out the playing field in terms of chargers.

Well even if you didn't have any of those kinds of incidents, MagSafe was super convenient to have when packing up your laptop station quickly. You can easily just rip the power cable out of the MacBook at any angle without worrying about breaking any ports or the cable itself and wind-up the cable in 10 seconds. It takes me like 3 times longer to pack up my Dell laptop's battery charger. XD

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #148,450 of 177,745

Well even if you didn't have any of those kinds of incidents, MagSafe was super convenient to have when packing up your laptop station quickly. You can easily just rip the power cable out of the MacBook at any angle without worrying about breaking any ports or the cable itself and wind-up the cable in 10 seconds. It takes me like 3 times longer to pack up my Dell laptop's battery charger. XD

It's definitely much better than these types that have two cables bisected by the power brick. The shape is so awkward.

HP%20463958-001%20Laptop%20AC%20Adapter.jpg

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #148,452 of 177,745
Any anime recommendations for dark animes? I liked F/Z > F/SN, Knights of Sidonia and Harlock Space Pirate on Netflix was great, Psycho Pass gets a thumbs up, loved Ergo Proxy.. I guess I should just watch Durarara!! or Monogatari or something in the meantime.

Btw, Steins;Gate is on Netflix (USA) too, if you haven't you should reallyyyy watch it.

Mar 13, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #148,455 of 177,745
Any anime recommendations for dark animes? I liked F/Z > F/SN, Knights of Sidonia and Harlock Space Pirate on Netflix was great, Psycho Pass gets a thumbs up, loved Ergo Proxy.. I guess I should just watch Durarara!! or Monogatari or something in the meantime.

Btw, Steins;Gate is on Netflix (USA) too, if you haven't you should reallyyyy watch it.

I think I just listed all the dark anime there even are available lol. I listed them with a general feel for how they are typically received or how I liked it. The bolded ones are the ones I personally really liked and recommend

1. Texhnolyze (Very good)
  2. Phantom Requiem for the Phantom (Very good)
  3. Darker than Black (Above average)
  4. Gungrave (Very Good)
  5. Death Note (Very Good)
  6. Neon Genesis Evangellion (Very Good but more theme and psychological)
  7. Eden of the East (Above average)
  8. Canaan (average)
  9. Zankyou no Terror (not that good)
  10. Monster (Very Good)
  11. Gantz (Above Average anime, much better manga)
  12. Guilty Crown (AAA but not very good)
  13. Mardock Scramble (Above Average)
  14. Tokyo Ghoul (average anime, better in manga)
  15. When they Cry (Average anime, better in other media)
  16. Elfen Lied (Average anime, mediocre manga)
  17. Daughters of Mnemosyne (Average )
  18. Berserk (Average anime/movie but good manga)
  19. Serial Experiments Lain (above average but very theme and psychological)
  20. Ergo Proxy (average anime story execution with above average visuals and theme)
  21. Madoka Magica (Very Good)
  22. Paranoia Agent (above average)
  23. Millenium Actress (Pretty good)
  24. GITS(Very Good but very theme and psychological)
  25. CHAOS Head (Avoid this schiit)
  26. Perfect Blue (Good but very theme and psychological)
  27. Haibane Renmei (SoL Dark stuff, pretty decent)
  28. Aku no Hana (Just read the manga)
  29. FLCL(Anime classic)
  30. Akira (Classic)
  31. Welcome to the NHK(Very good)
  32. Shin Sekai Yori (Very good with themes and psychological)
  33. Kara no Kyoukai (Very good)
  34. Mirrai Nikki (read the manga, but above average anime)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back