「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 12, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #148,411 of 177,750
  3ds/vita games I kinda felt the same for a while then I got pretty hooked on Soul Sacrifice and easily sunk 90 hours on the original and maybe a 100 hours on delta. Been wanting newest monster hunter for a while but going to try and be a bit more frugal with my money as Sakuracon is pretty close now.

I get that may happen

I want to get a portable thingy.....but they are dieing out :frowning2:
  Oh you are missing out on some of the best bosses and areas!

Too difficult or too long?

What could you possibly get there that would get you more enjoyment?

I know I am...but my resolve...too weak..

I would say a bit of both. I liked it because of it . But I was never able to finish it as well due to it. But I appreciate it. 

Mar 12, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #148,413 of 177,750

Not sure what I'll spend my money on there but I haven't been to an actual con in a while and might go a bit wild with my money though I probably doubt it. Canjam is literally a week before Sakuracon so hoping will have enough money to scrape by both weekends. No plans to get anything at either events but I am a pretty impulse buyer.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 12, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #148,414 of 177,750
  Not sure what I'll spend my money on there but I haven't been to an actual con in a while and might go a bit wild with my money though I probably doubt it. Canjam is literally a week before Sakuracon so hoping will have enough money to scrape by both weekends. No plans to get anything at either events but I am a pretty impulse buyer.

But don't you get everything anime related that you could ever wish for from your special friend? :D

Mar 12, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #148,415 of 177,750

Atominator and I spend a whole lot of time last year going through the Artist Gallery section of the merchant hall. Some of those people make some really great stuff. I bought myself a $15 Totoro clock, $15 Steins;Gate poster, and $5 Wooper keychain. I dunno if I'll buy any retail stuff this year either unless it's limited edition like the 2 Sailor Moon posters I bought 4 years back for $25 a piece.

Oh also, you gotta save a few dollar bills for $1 Melona ice cream popsicle from the Uwajimaya stand because everyone gets those and they sell like hotcakes. XD

Mar 12, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #148,416 of 177,750
  But don't you get everything anime related that you could ever wish for from your special friend? :D

Not everything~

But he has been really into weiss and could easily spend over an hour at a booth emptying out the place of their love live stuff as an example. And he isn't into the boats so I'm usually off to look at kancolle stuff on my own.

Atominator and I spend a whole lot of time last year going through the Artist Gallery section of the merchant hall. Some of those people make some really great stuff. I bought myself a $15 Totoro clock, $15 Steins;Gate poster, and $5 Wooper keychain. I dunno if I'll buy any retail stuff this year either unless it's limited edition like the 2 Sailor Moon posters I bought 4 years back for $25 a piece.

Oh also, you gotta save a few dollar bills for $1 Melona ice cream popsicle from the Uwajimaya stand because everyone gets those and they sell like hotcakes. XD

Probably going to lookout for kancolle stuff this year though I have most of the kancolle stuff the I want already. Not sure if I want to get a lot of art kinda stuff as I am flying over and flying back. Friends are likely going to arrange for their stuff to be shipped back but I would be kinda worries if things would get damaged.

Oh I never tried those, looks pretty good.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 12, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #148,417 of 177,750

Yeah seems like it since he had no idea who she was.

I have a few TIFU stories I can think with my cousins, except we were children back in the day, back when the family used to get along much better than current times. >.>

My friend's cousin is from Sweden, so they rarely see each other. When he told me about stuff I was like
tumblr_m8f953B2mn1r6gtjf.gif

It was a mistake to click on that look and then look at subsequent links posted on that Reddit post :S

Lol I can imagine that was a fun time

Don't forget a few bucks for hot pot on Thursday night after registration if you're up for it! 
And yeah, artist's alley is really cool to go through and look at. I have too many posters as is though so I need to resist the temptation to buy more posters -_-

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #148,419 of 177,750
  Why can't there be more Asian war films of the semi/modern caliber (1938 post) ?

I don't want to see any more Mongolian age, or dynasty movies gosh

I'm really not a fan of post-WWI war movies. All the more modern conflicts lack the charm that these old-timey ones have. Not implying that war can be something charming. You know what I mean.

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #148,421 of 177,750
  I'm really not a fan of post-WWI war movies. All the more modern conflicts lack the charm that these old-timey ones have. Not implying that war can be something charming. You know what I mean.

I definately get your drift.

With the older dynasty or historic ones. You lose the political butthurtedness and thus are able to romanticize it well, and pretty much make them 'epic'. 

I personally don't care for them though.

WW2 and post are what I like. Unfortunately, when you really look at it, very few movies post WW2 are made. For Korean war films, South Korea makes the most of those and nowadays, don't make as many (not counting TV series or stuff that isn't popular or big budgeted enough to make it known overseas). And for Vietnam war, America has long stopped with those as a mainstays.

China on the other hand, only makes WW2 and pre films with very few taking place after. WW2 being more popular for Chinese low budget movies and TV series and dynasty being a bigger movie cash cow for China.

Modern war TV or not-as-popular low budgeted modern war films in China use too much CG and pretty much is dissapointing in that way.

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #148,423 of 177,750

I definately get your drift.

With the older dynasty or historic ones. You lose the political butthurtedness and thus are able to romanticize it well, and pretty much make them 'epic'. 

I personally don't care for them though.

WW2 and post are what I like. Unfortunately, when you really look at it, very few movies post WW2 are made. For Korean war films, South Korea makes the most of those and nowadays, don't make as many (not counting TV series or stuff that isn't popular or big budgeted enough to make it known overseas). And for Vietnam war, America has long stopped with those as a mainstays.

China on the other hand, only makes WW2 and pre films with very few taking place after. WW2 being more popular for Chinese low budget movies and TV series and dynasty being a bigger movie cash cow for China.

Modern war TV or not-as-popular low budgeted modern war films in China use too much CG and pretty much is dissapointing in that way.

Have you guys seen Ip Man?

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #148,424 of 177,750
  Have you guys seen Ip Man?

Yep.

I didn't like it that much. Definately glad I saw it, but didn't like it.

The backing story for IP man is a bit ludicrous. He's shown as a well mannered, humble, and devoting man when he actually wasn't. Dude also didn't have that hard of a hardship in life. Much more wealthy than the film made him out to be.

He 'fled' to Hong Kong to protect his wealth. The movie also paints mainlanders as barbarians, thieves, and rebels who have come to sully the peace of the humble Ip man. 

Good film and nice choreo. But the under-rooted HK political theme it had with the film really irked me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back