「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 8, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #142,846 of 177,747
Tokyo Ghoul:Re is actually starting to pick up in interest for me. But I do agree that the 1st part of the manga ended way too abruptly, I sorta lost interest on the series for awhile after that.

I was super salty when it ended the way it did and then introduced all those new characters in re. Perhaps I am just being unfair with how many chapters of Tokyo Ghoul were in comparison to re which only just came out. I'll probably pick it up again one day when I start moving on then.

Not sure what I want to do with Tokyo Ghoul. I'm 3/4 done with S1..but kinda lost interest

Dayum...but you aren't a girl. How are you going to cosplay as that?

Here is what you can do, drop every thought of ever watching the anime again (at least season 1). Pick up the manga and realize how bad the anime was and how the anime was super censored and took out a lot, finish the first series and be mad about the ending with all of us. Then try Tokyo Ghoul:re and realize how you don't like it as much as the first series and then consider watching Tokyo Ghoul √A as it is going anime original route and be exactly where I find myself now.

I wore it already at a few cons, Anime Expo, Yaoi Con, TouhouCon and a few events. It was fairly well received and funny. I just dress up and act casual.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 8, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #142,847 of 177,747
  I was super salty when it ended the way it did and then introduced all those new characters in re. Perhaps I am just being unfair with how many chapters of Tokyo Ghoul were in comparison to re which only just came out. I'll probably pick it up again one day when I start moving on then.

Here is what you can do, drop every thought of ever watching the anime again (at least season 1). Pick up the manga and realize how bad the anime was and how the anime was super censored and took out a lot, finish the first series and be mad about the ending with all of us. Then try Tokyo Ghoul:re and realize how you don't like it as much as the first series and then consider watching Tokyo Ghoul √A as it is going anime original route and be exactly where I find myself now.

I wore it already at a few cons, Anime Expo, Yaoi Con, TouhouCon and a few events. It was fairly well received and funny. I just dress up and act casual.

pics please :D

So I still don't get what to do....manga..i guess

but i like watching anime and being...'in' with everyone

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #142,848 of 177,747
  Most people on /r/anime are talking about the foreshadowing so its fine :D Just don't mention anything after as all we are saying is just guesses 
biggrin.gif

Even episode 12 was awesome in how much every scene means to the show. Despite how stupid the few SoL elements were in this scene. They were all VERY purposefully done which I found to be awesome. 

There was maybe one or two major foreshadows in the first 12 episodes but the big bombshells come in the next chapter. Flags become more and more obvious.

For TG just skip the anime completely and go straight to the manga. Anime was crap. TG's ending sets the stage for RE and hints were everywhere that Re was coming soon so I wasn't worried or annoyed.

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #142,849 of 177,747
There was maybe one or two major foreshadows in the first 12 episodes but the big bombshells come in the next chapter. Flags become more and more obvious.

For TG just skip the anime completely and go straight to the manga. Anime was crap. TG's ending sets the stage for RE and hints were everywhere that Re was coming soon so I wasn't worried or annoyed.

Hints were everywhere, it was literally raining hints all the way up to it. That last line between his mentor and Emi's was a huge giveaway.

Anime was decent for what it was. Though I'm not exactly sure why they wanted to go anime original when the manga ends just a few chapters down the line, maybe the anime team doesn't like the ending either?

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #142,850 of 177,747

So I still don't get what to do....manga..i guess

but i like watching anime and being...'in' with everyone

I like to pretend those pictures don't exist sometimes... Though some may not be hard to find on my facebook... 
rolleyes.gif

The manga in all honesty was a pretty fast read. Though you could read up to the half way point and then you will be around where the new season started and then you can join us in talking about the anime lol. 

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 8, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #142,851 of 177,747

Cant wait..at all

Give me a spoiler in hints on what the anime did that made it schiit?

Hints were everywhere, it was literally raining hints all the way up to it.
That last line between his mentor and Emi's was a huge giveaway.

Anime was decent for what it was. Though I'm not exactly sure why they wanted to go anime original when the manga ends just a few chapters down the line, maybe the anime team doesn't like the ending either?

That should be tagged a spoiler Durian-kun

I don't know what the last line is. But I won't go back to find out yet

Giving hints on when a phrase is a massive spoiler for the future is still a spoiler as there are plenty of foreshadowy phrases. But alerting the viewer to which one it is is a crime here in AAMML

You have been sentenced to mauling by Durian-Pandakins 
evil_smiley.gif

I like to pretend those pictures don't exist sometimes... Though some may not be hard to find on my facebook... 
rolleyes.gif

The manga in all honesty was a pretty fast read. Though you could read up to the half way point and then you will be around where the new season started and then you can join us in talking about the anime lol. 

...hmm facebook i see :D

thanks!

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #142,852 of 177,747

rolleyes.gif

I think he posted link to a twitter post before... (hint here: search this thread with keyword twitter and posted by user)

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #142,853 of 177,747
  I think he posted link to a twitter post before... (hint here: search this thread with keyword twitter and posted by user)

I JUST SAW THEM

HOLY SCHIIT!

I love it @Netforce

I fricking love it!!!!!

AMAZE BALLS cosplay if ever!

@miceblue
You have competition 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #142,854 of 177,747
Cant wait..at all

That should be tagged a spoiler Durian-kun

I don't know what the last line is. But I won't go back to find out yet

Giving hints on when a phrase is a massive spoiler for the future is still a spoiler as there are plenty of foreshadowy phrases. But alerting the viewer to which one it is is a crime here in AAMML

You have been sentenced to mauling by Durian-Pandakins :evil:

It's fine Panda-shi. If you already picked up on the foreshadowing then this scene should yell what's coming on the horizon at you even if you're not paying attention.

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #142,855 of 177,747

Got an email from work, confirmed that we are going to have a panel tomorrow at Anime LA. I don't really have anything planned to talk about myself. Going to go in my Shimakaze cosplay and debating about bringing my Kongou body pillow.

Wouldn't bringing a body pillow be annoying? You'd have to carry it everywhere..... it probably wouldn't fit in a backpack easily, right?

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #142,856 of 177,747

ALL MEMBERS!

IT'S TIME

Anime of the year 2014!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/749995/best-anime-of-2014#post_11204925

Put your votes in on what you think were the best shows this year!

Quote:
It's fine Panda-shi. If you already picked up on the foreshadowing then this scene should yell what's coming on the horizon at you even if you're not paying attention.

Mauling by super aged stinky Durian for you 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #142,857 of 177,747
Wouldn't bringing a body pillow be annoying? You'd have to carry it everywhere..... it probably wouldn't fit in a backpack easily, right?

There's those strap things you can use to carry them around on your back. I've seen someone do it, forgot where though.

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #142,858 of 177,747
  Cant wait..at all

For Shigatsu:
So remember after their performance Kaori was in the hospital because she fainted?

Regardless of whatever she says, if she's visiting there regularly there's something wrong. Fainting ain't exactly a good sign either...
I think it was in ch26-27 I forget the exact chapter his teacher and mom's friend (Saki IIRC the name was) was having  discussion with someone and they were talking about how Arima improves after experiencing sorrow, calling it the 'Demon's route/path' and IIRC they said he'll likely improve again if he experiences something like that again.

Arima is performing in a competition and Kaori is in surgery. During the competition sees a vision of Kaori playing with him who disappears at the end of the performance (or something like that). On the last page you see a letter from Kaori addressed to Arima.

For those who are annoyed at TG's ending and didn't see the foreshadowing of Re: take a look at Touka's colour page again.

Look at the lower right of her shirt...
There are more lying around the last chapter but it was obvious it wasn't the end.

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #142,860 of 177,747
  OH SCHIIT

Almost almost almost read the wrong one.

Sorry Kong. I was talking about TG. Not Shigatsu Wa kimi. I actually like Shigatsu so I don't want spoilers..

The author of TG's a huge fan of tarot and hides numbers all over the place which are symbolic character development. Kaneki's hair colour kinda represents his state of mind. When I read TG I'd always reread sections to look for stuff I may have missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back