「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 29, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #140,881 of 177,745
  Ahh that is right. I forgot you were a fan of Chu2. Yeah, that is an unusual show for you to like but glad you do. 

Hyouka has some nice gifs. Oh, the MC won best anime male character of al of /r/anime 

Yeah...like TYG said.....watch it.

That is not true. Season 2 was a total cashgrab insult to the first season that I enjoyed so much :frowning2:

Of course he did. Oreki is my spirit animal.

But for the love of all that is holy DON'T READ THE MANGA! Not even one chapter. Just don't.
What a disgrace. Absolute filth.

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #140,882 of 177,745

B-but he isn't an animal...

Shigatsu is probably the surprise of the season for me. There are others who has surprised me in the past, One Week Friends, NGNL, Kotoura-san, Bahamut etc etc, but this isn't just good. Everything about it from the story, to pacing, the lead-ins(like the entire episode with Kreisler's piece and his mom) to the music is just well done that I can't help but be impressed by the amount of thought put into it. Both by the original author, and the director and animators that made the anime what it is.

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #140,883 of 177,745
  That is not true. Season 2 was a total cashgrab insult to the first season that I enjoyed so much :frowning2:

But for the love of all that is holy DON'T READ THE MANGA! Not even one chapter. Just don't.
What a disgrace. Absolute filth.

Yeah...S2 was such a cash grab

I remember us talking about it before the season started about how it was going to be.

Well....it was good...until the episode after the 'trip'. After that....nothing else happened and it went to hell.

lol. Oreki is many people's spirit anime. That was honestly one of Kyo-Ani's finest series yet

However do note....that Kyo Ani has never had a self directed/done original series. They only do adaptions. However adaptations are still very important in how it will turn out

lol. I believe SSY manga came out after the anime and was mainly meant....well to sell. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #140,884 of 177,745
Thanks for the continued warm welcomes!

The music in Shigatsu is just so incredibly good. Before watching the show, I can't say I was a big fan of piano pieces. I didn't dislike them, I was just indifferent. However, the show definitely made me download some Chopin and made me wish I had taken piano lessons as a kid ;_;

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #140,885 of 177,745
  But it was me! Panda! All along!

I've never seen ANY of those 'rewatch' list shows....lol

HOLY SCHIIT

This thing I see in Chinese stores all the time is an actual show? What!

I've never rewatched it...yeah, it's too heavy. 

BLUE MASTER RACE. GTFO with every other switch. 

That was too cool..
IDK, I think it's the style that made it seem very resembly to SSY

Yeah...like TYG said.....watch it. It's a bit slow at first (like Steins Gate) but oh dayum. If SSY isn't one of the most defining shows of this anime generation. It isn't perfect. But the themes of the show and its performance are something that you would expect from brilliant anime in the 80s. It's some serious shizz.

The budget for the show was quite mediocre as they knew it wouldn't sell well (it didn't), but with what they had, they did quite well for it. 

They wanted to make a legit substantial anime of this generation just once
and god ***** those mofos did it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-1_Pictures

A-1 Pictures has effectively redeemed themselves this generation for their contribution.

Look at that list of stuff they made. 95% of that list is ecchi or fan service shows. However a few standouts include SSY, Your Lie in April, Aldnoah Zero (for animation fidelity), and a decent adaption of Valkyria Chronicles. 

With just SSY and Your Lie in April...they've effectively shown that they knew what schiit is.....and make it to make money

Bless you A-1 a**holes. You've redeemed yourselves for the next 10 years with those two series. 
CONGRATS man!

Nah, this is Ichigo Mashimaro:

AZ is a paired work of A1 and TROYCA (which is a new studio setup by Aoki Ei, director of a nice proportion of masterpieces to me), so I mainly take the quality as the later's contribution :p
My impression of A1 has always been reaaal bad before this season, SSY was good mainly because of how godly the original novel is. But then ep1-2 of Shigatsu immediately amazed me, and Taizai is pretty well made too.

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #140,886 of 177,745
  Yeah...S2 was such a cash grab

I remember us talking about it before the season started about how it was going to be.

Well....it was good...until the episode after the 'trip'. After that....nothing else happened and it went to hell.

lol. Oreki is many people's spirit anime. That was honestly one of Kyo-Ani's finest series yet

However do note....that Kyo Ani has never had a self directed/done original series. They only do adaptions. However adaptations are still very important in how it will turn out

lol. I believe SSY manga came out after the anime and was mainly meant....well to sell. 

K-On! fan here.

Their adaption choices recent years has been very off to me =_=

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #140,888 of 177,745
  Thanks for the continued warm welcomes!

The music in Shigatsu is just so incredibly good. Before watching the show, I can't say I was a big fan of piano pieces. I didn't dislike them, I was just indifferent. However, the show definitely made me download some Chopin and made me wish I had taken piano lessons as a kid ;_;

Shigatsu is so fricking good. 

I took Music Appreciation class this semester (I finished it in 2 days though)

It's quite good

Nah, this is Ichigo Mashimaro:

AZ is a paired work of A1 and TROYCA (which is a new studio setup by Aoki Ei, director of a nice proportion of masterpieces to me), so I mainly take the quality as the later's contribution :p
My impression of A1 has always been reaaal bad before this season, SSY was good mainly because of how godly the original novel is. But then ep1-2 of Shigatsu immediately amazed me, and Taizai is pretty well made too.

ahhhh. that one.

Even though SSY had a solid source foundation. They could have REALLY destroyed it in production and direction of the show. It happens to anime semi frequently.

Shigatsu is I think one of the only shows of the currently ending season that has a continuously high level of animation qulaity even well past episode 10. UBW doesn't count on that list due to Ufotable.
  K-On! fan here.

Their adaption choices recent years has been very off to me =_=

It's been less than stellar...but they gotta make safe money making choices...and guess what? They all are. 

Kyouka sold pretty decent. Tamako went off the charts.

And oh god

Amagi is breaking some serious money making bank rightnow. 
Chuuni and Hyouka were pretty good. But everything else is just Average.

Free is.... Free.

Wut? You forgot Clannad.......

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #140,889 of 177,745
Chuuni and Hyouka were pretty good. But everything else is just Average.

Free is.... Free.

Hmm Hyouka anime was awesome, objectively perhaps their best work yet. But I don't think I will like the novel.
Chuu2 s1 was decent, but same, don't think I will like the novel.

Some are hyping Amagi here, but I find what MC and Mofu said in last ep described the series well to me :p

Yeaah FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #140,890 of 177,745

Hmm Hyouka anime was awesome, objectively perhaps their best work yet. But I don't think I will like the novel.
Chuu2 s1 was decent, but same, don't think I will like the novel.

Some are hyping Amagi here, but I find what MC and Mofu said in last ep described the series well to me :p

Yeaah FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

nah.

Clannad After Story

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #140,891 of 177,745

Yeah..most of us in this thread LOVE Shigatsu as well. I didn't start watching until episode 6 had already aired. Oh dayumm. This may just be one of the best romances of the year. If it goes well, it may be remembered as one of the best of our generation. Sakamichi no Apollon failed to fill those shoes as a romance-music anime and Nodame Cantible is dong well for itself. But gosh darnit. This is one amazing show.

You know why Kaori is tired all the time? It's not the violin she lugs around it's all the
DEATTTH FLAGS she has sticking out of her back
But that last episode.... WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRICKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Holy schiit. No Asspulls that I was half expecting. Nope....holy schiit did I almost fall out of the chair when they went with the good route

Also... I had the series on an 8 meter before that episode....it went straight to a 10 after. Why? Well before that episode. I found it weird that the anime spent SO MUCH time on other characters. But after the recent episode explained why. Holy schiit did I shoot my hands up like an Olympic victory. YES. This is HOW you do comming of age themes!

Your next season list is very similar to a lot of ours lol. 

Wait Shigatsu is over? I thought it was just on hiatus for now. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #140,892 of 177,745

Hell no its not. Their lie ends in April (which is actually....when the anime will end lol)

it AIN'T April yet!

They went on a hiatus yes. A planned one. 

I think it was due to new years and also for animation purposes. They have some consistently high animation quality

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #140,893 of 177,745
  Even though SSY had a solid source foundation. They could have REALLY destroyed it in production and direction of the show. It happens to anime semi frequently.

Shigatsu is I think one of the only shows of the currently ending season that has a continuously high level of animation qulaity even well past episode 10. UBW doesn't count on that list due to Ufotable.
  Kyouka sold pretty decent. Tamako went off the charts.

But still, like, imagine if Ufotable makes SSY.
Actually I think many studios can do better than that given half decent budget, like BrainsBase, PA, JC.

Oh ya I am fine with Tamako too.

Nah, it will literally end around shigatsu.

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #140,894 of 177,745
  But still, like, imagine if Ufotable makes SSY.
Actually I think many studios can do better than that given half decent budget, like BrainsBase, PA, JC.

Oh ya I am fine with Tamako too.

Nah, it will literally end around shigatsu.

There isn't really a need imo...but yeah, that would be some cool stuff to see. 

I love how it turned out like this. A continuous running until Spring season April 2015. 

YOUR LIE IN APRIL....will fricking end in April...when the lie ran out...oh god...that is actually something the series is doing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back