「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 20, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #134,356 of 177,744
What about Wake Up Girls?

That one was pretty decent. Textbook in pretty much everything it did in terms of adversity, character progression and background story. 

Considering most anime can't even do textbook literature elements correctly (due to them not raking in the money). WUG should be applauded for even getting that far. 

It wasn't stellar by any means. But WUG was able to create a middle point of baseline materials needed for a series while still satisfying the fans in Japan. 

However, the sales and data generated by WUG seems to be reinforcing the idea of ecchi and piss poor idol anime as the only way to go. WUG didn't sell poorly, but when compared to efforts from jailbait anime and less efforts. The profitability on those would be higher and safer to do. 

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #134,357 of 177,744
I'm being optimistic as this season I have both Nanatsu no Taizai and Bahamut. They keep the older style animes of adventures and glorious battles. The animations are way above anything I've seen this year(and not CG) and I have really high hopes for them. If they sell really well then we might get more of these.

Best part? No god damned schools and uniforms.

Grisaia is still going strong
[rule]

7397d095gw1el505k3azlj20vg17bgpb.jpg

OMG OMG Yes!!

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #134,358 of 177,744
I'm being optimistic a this season I have both Nanatsu no Taizai and Bahamut. They keep the older style animes of adventures and glorious battles. The animations are way above anything I've seen this year(and not CG) and I have really high hopes for them.

Best part? No god damned schools and uniforms.

OMG OMG Yes!!

It's a good season for sure. 

I've only been let down by one anime this season whereas other seasons have given me something like 4+ letdowns. 

The one that let me down was obviously Kari :/ The promo materials and graphics didn't really show how bad it really was. *sadface*. 

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #134,359 of 177,744
It's a good season for sure. 

I've only been let down by one anime this season whereas other seasons have given me something like 4+ letdowns. 

The one that let me down was obviously Kari :/ The promo materials and graphics didn't really show how bad it really was. *sadface*. 

Considering it's source material, I had no doubt it would be terrible. Same for Bahamut, even though I played the game all I could think of when they announced it was it's nothing but another money-milker, but the production committee proven me wrong on that.

There's 2 letdowns this season for me. Gundam G for it's completely illogical plot and it's terrible storytelling. I'm not a fan of Gundams so it's Mech designs didn't phase me but everything about the series from the characters, to the irrational actions was just plain bad.

Another would be Log Horizon 2, which was just rather subpar.

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #134,360 of 177,744
Considering it's source material, I had no doubt it would be terrible. Same for Bahamut, even though I played the game all I could think of when they announced it was it's nothing but another money-milker, but the production committee proven me wrong on that.

There's 2 letdowns this season for me. Gundam G for it's completely illogical plot and it's terrible storytelling. I'm not a fan of Gundams so it's Mech designs didn't phase me but everything about the series from the characters, to the irrational actions was just plain bad.

Another would be Log Horizon 2, which was just rather subpar.

I'm saving up a weekend to finally start the new Gundam G. 

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #134,361 of 177,744
You stripped the screw hole? Tsk Tsk... find a slightly larger screw and you might be ok, or you can fill the hole with epoxy and re-drill it.... ok maybe you aren't willing to go that far.

On the ratings, I agree that movie sequels seem to get worse ratings. My guess is that a movie needs less investment, so those that are haters or skeptics will still watch a sequel. I bet I have seen way more truely terrible movies than 12+ episode anime series. With that kind of time involved and my inability to drop a series once I start, I tend to be a little (just a little) more picky.

My Logans are the Sequel II. This is in a line of their narrow stator designs (about 12" wide), this includes the Sequel, Sequel II, SL3, Odyssey, and Spire.

Back in the day, they had these, the wider 14-16" models (more surface area, larger frequency range), and the cool non-hybrid full-range models like the CLS (http://www.martinlogan.com/products/cls ), and CLX which have about 24" wide stators.

I personally always wanted a pair of the Prodigy ( http://www.martinlogan.com/products/prodigy ) but they were about $14,000 pair and still sell for over $6k/pair...and they weigh 133 lbs each so the shipping is a non-starter most of the time. That or the Quad 2905 ( http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/quad2/2905.html ). I love me some electrostats, I tried REALLY hard to get some 007s instead of the HE 560s that I just bought but I just seriously cant spend more than $1000 on headphones. I can't. If someone gave them to me that would be ok though :p

Yeah...the stripped screw part sucks because it's attached to the arcs of the K 240 M and if I were to replace it, I would have to replace the arcs. I'm not too sure if I want to use a larger screw though. Epoxy doesn't sound too bad, I haven't worked with anything that small before.

If you count the Star Wars series from Episode 1, you probably go up the scale of ratings. : D

Ah, interesting. I haven't really looked into MLs all that much. People speak about the Maggies so much that I guess it kind of gets overlooked. I actually just saw this article today from RMAF:
http://theaudiotraveler.com/2014/10/16/rmaf-2014-ps-audio-very-natural/

Holy cow those are some really exotic e-stat speakers....
http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/988infinity/
dsc_2967-1.jpg

^ I think I'd take the MLs any day over those just based on its appearance lol

The HE-560 is still a very good headphone. I would say it's closer towards the e-stat sound of the STAX house sound compared to the usual planar magnetic headphone kind of sound, which I tend to dislike from my experience.

I went and had the Thai style pork belly tonight, it was pretty good! I think I like the Chinese style more though. :p
I also had a naked panda to drink, because bowei.

Nice nice. I haven't had the Thai style before since I usually decide to order the usual noodle or curry dishes instead. XD

All heil the naked panda! *salutes*

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #134,363 of 177,744
I'm... Not sure if I should drop it or not. 1 more Episode...

I talked about Sunrise's plan with @jgray91 before. And it turns out its comming true. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604627/gundam-model-fi-gunpla-post-some-pictures/210#post_9584847
http://www.head-fi.org/t/604627/gundam-model-fi-gunpla-post-some-pictures/285#post_9700612

Ignore my whining and I know Jgray will wish death on me for not liking BF but whatever. 

Sunrise is revitalizing Gundam by essential restarting the entire userbase of it. This was pretty much proven in the second link that sources a conference/press release Sunrise had (that I watched) in where they more or less admited to targeting children as the new audience for Gundam. 

It's not a bad plan. But it makes me sad. 

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #134,367 of 177,744
I'm... Not sure if I should drop it or not. 1 more Episode...

I talked about Sunrise's plan with @jgray91
 before. And it turns out its comming true. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604627/gundam-model-fi-gunpla-post-some-pictures/210#post_9584847
http://www.head-fi.org/t/604627/gundam-model-fi-gunpla-post-some-pictures/285#post_9700612

Ignore my whining and I know Jgray will wish death on me for not liking BF but whatever. 

Sunrise is revitalizing Gundam by essential restarting the entire userbase of it. This was pretty much proven in the second link that sources a conference/press release Sunrise had (that I watched) in where they more or less admited to targeting children as the new audience for Gundam. 

It's not a bad plan. But it makes me sad. 

Of course I'm right. Who the hell do you (guys) think I am? I almost always back the right, successful, word-of-God truth, truly great anime.

Only I give my reasoning by shouting and fanboying.

Of course I'm right.

/gloat

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #134,369 of 177,744
Of course I'm right. Who the hell do you (guys) think I am? I almost always back the right, successful, word-of-God truth, truly great anime.

Only I give my reasoning by shouting and fanboying.

Of course I'm right.

/gloat

Jgray Gloating 

Gonna have to demo the gundam next week or something later. 

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #134,370 of 177,744
By no stretch of the imagination do I consider Gundam BF Cry is Great anime, Good? Maybe. Decent? Definitely. Great? Eh.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back