「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 20, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #134,326 of 177,744
@Tom Yum Goong
Noooooooo I hate myself now. I just got a 8-game losing streak on 1v1 For Glory Smash Bros. T_T
Stupid Challenge Panel 3 has distracted me from using all of the characters instead of my main to complete those stupid challenges like "Clear Classic Mode with all characters" or "Play the Home-Run Contest with all characters" or "Complete 10-Man Smash with all Characters" or "Clear All Star with all characters." So sad... : (

Haven't played a single Glory match so far.
I can barely beat classic mode on difficulty 7....
I'm almost done with the second challenge page. Still need some stupid stuff like the StreetSmash challenges.
The few online matches I had went fairly well.

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #134,327 of 177,744
Which explains the crazy influx of PRC students in Singapore

Crazy influx worldwide. 

A growing middleclass and traditional Chinese placement on putting a lot of money into a child's education puts this at the forefront. 

That's not to say that there is a national issue of students leaving Chinese universities. No. It's mainly a perception issue. There are just so many that it seems like everyone is going out of country (PRC) to study but in reality, a massive percent still stay in country. And a large percentage of those leaving for foreign markets/Universities are because they couldn't/didn't/or wouldn't compete with other students for Chinese Univs. But of course, there are also many to come seek the job market in Europe and America (and some in S.E.A) as well as the quality of education that other countries can also provide. 

You can never had too much K-On

The day they announced that ClariS was no more.... I just didn't feel like doing anything after that. In fact I think I just pissed around till closing time that day.

Yeah same.

I pretty much lost life force that day. 
  Get your lololol outta my face!
The only reason you need to study for 2nd/3rd year in high school IS for college duh! lol

Yeah, but they aren't fully in College I guess :/

Good on Alice. But I'm still sad

I guess it's more the idea of cutting pork into little strips, right? I love bacon too, MERICUH!!!

Ox tail? Hmm... Gotta find a place around here that serves anything Ox related other than the ox tripe I eat at hot pot...
Maybe the new Chinese restaurant called "Truly Chinese" will have it. XD

Yep, I went to Kau Kau lol. My mom was paranoid about me walking that far up the international district at night but clearly I didn't die or get stabbed...

Mmm, I'll definitely have to try that. Can you get it at the one in the U district or do you have to go down to their Pike Place location?

Why not just get some new wire? Wire ain't too expensive or hard to find.

Wait, why are you guys excited for a movie from a crappy tv series? Are you somehow expecting it to be better?

Char Siu doesn't sound very Americanized to me.
tongue.gif

Dayum, nice...
eek.gif

Truly crap lol

But yeah, Oxtail is amazing. 

We are excite as current feedback on it was quite positive!

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #134,329 of 177,744
Crazy influx worldwide. 

A growing middleclass and traditional Chinese placement on putting a lot of money into a child's education puts this at the forefront. 

That's not to say that there is a national issue of students leaving Chinese universities. No. It's mainly a perception issue. There are just so many that it seems like everyone is going out of country (PRC) to study but in reality, a massive percent still stay in country. And a large percentage of those leaving for foreign markets/Universities are because they couldn't/didn't/or wouldn't compete with other students for Chinese Univs. But of course, there are also many to come seek the job market in Europe and America (and some in S.E.A) as well as the quality of education that other countries can also provide. 

Found it.
http://dailyuw.com/archive/2013/11/04/news/uw-reports-largest-ever-freshman-class
Screen%20Shot%202013-11-04%20at%2011.27.36%20PM.full.png

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #134,331 of 177,744
Found it.
http://dailyuw.com/archive/2013/11/04/news/uw-reports-largest-ever-freshman-class
Screen%20Shot%202013-11-04%20at%2011.27.36%20PM.full.png

Yep, the countries listed are pretty much what you would expect. I'm not too well versed with Saudia policies and students but it's understandable.

I hate the jailbait header of the article. If you look at the bottom left graph. You will see that UW has had what would most likley be the biggest Freshmen class ever for 5 years...because stuff is growing obviously. This is with me making the assumption that the graphs I can't see don't feature bigger Freshmen classes. 

Anyway, enrollment from foreign countries is an economic thing as well and is generally known as a brain drain. IT can be both a good and a bad thing. And a country will have policies dictating how and the effect this should be at. 

PRC has a surprisingly liberal policy towards students and emigration despite featuring the world's largest brain drain and flight of human capital.  But when you look deeper down into it, it isn't as surprising as some may think as to why the Chinese government is 'ok' with this. . I can talk about it if anyone is interested. 

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #134,332 of 177,744
Have you guys seem the new Lindsey Stirling video? it's pretty cool and there is an AKG on it. xD

That's a pretty good music video.
That's a K 240 Monitor being used. Of course they wiped the branding off of everything, but you can't mistake the gold rims of the K240 M. XD

^ Woo Audio's alpha prototype of the W8
Proof
RMAF2014_Woo_Main.jpg

^ some old film camera

I'm not a fan of her recent music though. I bought her Shatter Me CD and it's just burned with the MP3 files. In fact, the 16/48 MP3 downloads that I also got from backing her project on PledgeMusic are better mastered, sadly enough. The MP3 album is rated at DR7 whereas the CD rip is DR6. Regardless of the format, both are pretty hotly mastered and I have a hard time listening to them compared to her first album...

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #134,333 of 177,744
That's a K 240 Monitor being used. Of course they wiped the branding off of everything, but you can't mistake the gold rims of the K240 M. XD

Proof
RMAF2014_Woo_Main.jpg

^ some old film camera

I'm not a fan of her recent music though. I bought her Shatter Me CD and it's just burned with the MP3 files. In fact, the 16/48 MP3 downloads that I also got from backing her project on PledgeMusic are better mastered, sadly enough. The MP3 album is rated at DR7 whereas the CD rip is DR6. Regardless of the format, both are pretty hotly mastered and I have a hard time listening to them compared to her first album...

Hey, you posted a picture of Liang! 
gs1000.gif

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #134,334 of 177,744
RE: Wire
I could do that, but if you look further down the wire, part of it is exposed as if someone tried to cut the wire. Parts of the wires within the wire are compromised, which is probably why the left channel cut out occasionally when listening to music.

RE: cha siu
According to Uwajimaya, it's just "roast pork." Earlier I said it was probably "roasted pork belly," but I guess pork belly is more often used in Taiwanese cuisine than Cantonese.

^ Don't mind my terribad ISO 9001 photos there

Wow roast pork

I swear it really goes well with char siu, and maybe steamed chicken for the matter

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #134,335 of 177,744

Proof
RMAF2014_Woo_Main.jpg

^ some old film camera

Interesting i didn't knew about the Woo Audio W8 prototype, and that film camera looks like an 1904 Kodak camera if you ask me.

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #134,336 of 177,744
Yep, the countries listed are pretty much what you would expect. I'm not too well versed with Saudia policies and students but it's understandable.

I hate the jailbait header of the article. If you look at the bottom left graph. You will see that UW has had what would most likley be the biggest Freshmen class ever for 5 years...because stuff is growing obviously. This is with me making the assumption that the graphs I can't see don't feature bigger Freshmen classes. 

Anyway, enrollment from foreign countries is an economic thing as well and is generally known as a brain drain. IT can be both a good and a bad thing. And a country will have policies dictating how and the effect this should be at. 

PRC has a surprisingly liberal policy towards students and emigration despite featuring the world's largest brain drain and flight of human capital.  But when you look deeper down into it, it isn't as surprising as some may think as to why the Chinese government is 'ok' with this. . I can talk about it if anyone is interested. 

Such jailbait.

Brain drain is an interesting name. XD
The UW is accepting moar international students these days because moar money.

When I joined the Chinese Student Association and Hong Kong Student Association, I was surprised to see how few students were in engineering departments compared to international studies or business. Maybe I'm used to the typical USA Asian stereotype because I was expecting a lot more people to be in engineering, specifically civil or electrical, and/or pre-medical. I only ever met maybe 3 EE students in those clubs, maybe 2 CS, maybe 1 or 2 bio-related ones, and the rest are just business or Intl. studies. When I was taking an EE course in my last quarter, a lot of Vietnamese folks were in the EE labs as were a good amount of Mandarin-speaking people.

Hey, you posted a picture of Liang! :gs1000smile:

Indeed he is Liang of Mike.

Wow roast pork

I swear it really goes well with char siu, and maybe steamed chicken for the matter

Yup yup, usually I get char siu with the roasted pork. The box to the left of it is actually char siu.

[rule]
Dj CUTMAN makes some of the grooviest chiptune/video game remix songs.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb2G99hnR_M[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFhrWjXNXSw[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7dlT6VRsdw[/video]

Oct 20, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #134,338 of 177,744
Such jailbait.

Brain drain is an interesting name. XD
The UW is accepting moar international students these days because moar money.

When I joined the Chinese Student Association and Hong Kong Student Association, I was surprised to see how few students were in engineering departments compared to international studies or business. Maybe I'm used to the typical USA Asian stereotype because I was expecting a lot more people to be in engineering, specifically civil or electrical, and/or pre-medical. I only ever met maybe 3 EE students in those clubs, maybe 2 CS, maybe 1 or 2 bio-related ones, and the rest are just business or Intl. studies. When I was taking an EE course in my last quarter, a lot of Vietnamese folks were in the EE labs as were a good amount of Mandarin-speaking people.
Indeed he is Liang of Mike.
Yup yup, usually I get char siu with the roasted pork. The box to the left of it is actually char siu.

Dj CUTMAN makes some of the grooviest chiptune/video game remix songs.

It's an official term believe it or not :)

It's a safe split for my association here between Engineering and the artsy creative stuff. 

Oct 20, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #134,339 of 177,744
Nah, if I replace wires, it'll be on my K 701 since the screw hole that holds together the left earcup on the K240 M got stripped. I'll repair it some day eventually.
I was actually planning to make the K 701 with a 4-pin XLR balanced connector in anticipation of the Pulse X, whatever day they decide to ship units. I'm just going to use a standard 4-wire Mogami W2893 microphone cable in blue. Nothing fancy at $0.82/ft. XD

And ah, that makes sense, and that's probably true. Funny how it works in the theater business though. Usually the general trend is that sequels get the same or lower ratings.
What model are those Martin Logans again? I like the way those look more than the dark-coloured ones they had at a Magnolia HiFi section at Best Buy. Once I get the Pulse, I'll try those MLs again with a proper setup instead of using my iPhone as a source. XD

You stripped the screw hole? Tsk Tsk... find a slightly larger screw and you might be ok, or you can fill the hole with epoxy and re-drill it.... ok maybe you aren't willing to go that far.

On the ratings, I agree that movie sequels seem to get worse ratings. My guess is that a movie needs less investment, so those that are haters or skeptics will still watch a sequel. I bet I have seen way more truely terrible movies than 12+ episode anime series. With that kind of time involved and my inability to drop a series once I start, I tend to be a little (just a little) more picky.

My Logans are the Sequel II. This is in a line of their narrow stator designs (about 12" wide), this includes the Sequel, Sequel II, SL3, Odyssey, and Spire.

Back in the day, they had these, the wider 14-16" models (more surface area, larger frequency range), and the cool non-hybrid full-range models like the CLS (http://www.martinlogan.com/products/cls ), and CLX which have about 24" wide stators.

I personally always wanted a pair of the Prodigy ( http://www.martinlogan.com/products/prodigy ) but they were about $14,000 pair and still sell for over $6k/pair...and they weigh 133 lbs each so the shipping is a non-starter most of the time. That or the Quad 2905 ( http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/quad2/2905.html ). I love me some electrostats, I tried REALLY hard to get some 007s instead of the HE 560s that I just bought but I just seriously cant spend more than $1000 on headphones. I can't. If someone gave them to me that would be ok though :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back