「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 20, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #134,312 of 177,744
Oct 20, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #134,313 of 177,744
oiii I wish it was made for the Xbox One
frown.gif
TC5 will probably be for the PS4 and I don't want to buy it
I'm pretty sure we could start a Mio fanclub thread and we could get competitive post numbers versus this thread XD

Mio fanclub? i'm in!

Oct 20, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #134,316 of 177,744

Jimquisition is amazing to watch, if you ask me.

Jup, he knows his stuff.

I totally agree!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/gugure-kokkuri-san/episodes-1-3/.80109

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #134,317 of 177,744

Better now! ? :)

Mio and my favourite headphone ( i still want a K701 in white)

I want the K701's now just for kicks... I don't know if I'd enjoy them more than the Q's though...

http://www.amazon.com/thanks-wonder-people-bought-watching/forum/Fx2DFM1I2D6PFWZ/Tx3HXPX95XOZQCB/1/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_al?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B000EBBJ6Y&cdMSG=answerPosted&cdSort=newest&newContentID=MxOU8JQMGN6K7S&newContentNum=9

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #134,318 of 177,744
  I want the K701's now just for kicks... I don't know if I'd enjoy them more than the Q's though...

http://www.amazon.com/thanks-wonder-people-bought-watching/forum/Fx2DFM1I2D6PFWZ/Tx3HXPX95XOZQCB/1/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_al?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B000EBBJ6Y&cdMSG=answerPosted&cdSort=newest&newContentID=MxOU8JQMGN6K7S&newContentNum=9

Both are nice headphones, i just fink the K looks cleaner than the Q, i personally think the Q has too much little badges here and there,

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #134,320 of 177,744

And he isn't afraid of just saying what he thinks it's right, and for the most parts, i agree with him.

He and TotalBiscuit should do a podcast where they just schiit on everything and everyone for multiple hours.

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #134,321 of 177,744

Is there an English name for it though? Lol, this was less than 24 hours after a Chinese friend was telling me how "us Americans never do pork skin right", that it should be crispy and such. After eating this, dayum I gotta agree with him.

Also, do notice the sauce in the upper left corner :wink:

You Europeans got bacon right though 
wink_face.gif
 But then again. Bacon isn't hard to get right. There isn't any real thing that goes into it to be honest. You just throw it in oil and flip it a few times

But man do I love bacon. 

Yeah, stuff is nice. I love eating Cha Shao as a side with thick rice noodles 
wink_face.gif

and oh god yes. Ox Tail in the soup as beef is GLOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOUOSOUOUOUOUOUSSSSS

I guess it's more the idea of cutting pork into little strips, right? I love bacon too, MERICUH!!!

Ox tail? Hmm... Gotta find a place around here that serves anything Ox related other than the ox tripe I eat at hot pot...
Maybe the new Chinese restaurant called "Truly Chinese" will have it. XD

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that after the car show with Michelle I went and had some really damn good barbecued pork, short ribs, and I don't even know what that third thing is but it was really really damn good.

The entrance to the restaurant. When I ordered they just took one of these down and chopped off my portion and then hung them back up again.

Did I mention it was really damn good?

Kau Kau?
The crispy skin is the best part. : D

The English name is probably just roasted pork belly. You should try the Taiwanese version of it at Mee Sum some day. Pork belly over rice.

Yep, I went to Kau Kau lol. My mom was paranoid about me walking that far up the international district at night but clearly I didn't die or get stabbed...

Mmm, I'll definitely have to try that. Can you get it at the one in the U district or do you have to go down to their Pike Place location?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.......
One of the wires on my K240 Monitor just broke at the solder joint on the driver. I don't have any what looks like 28 AWG wire to replace it either. : (

So sad...

Why not just get some new wire? Wire ain't too expensive or hard to find.

I agree.

Can't wait for movie.

Series was half baked in every way. Little character progression or story progression. And the romance was just click bait.

Hopefully the promise of true adversity, rite of passage and.romance comes true.

As much as I love Dera and his stupid jokes. I don't want a movie of it

Wait, why are you guys excited for a movie from a crappy tv series? Are you somehow expecting it to be better?

Is there an English name for it though? Lol, this was less than 24 hours after a Chinese friend was telling me how "us Americans never do pork skin right", that it should be crispy and such. After eating this, dayum I gotta agree with him.

Also, do notice the sauce in the upper left corner :wink:

The official English name is Char siu.
The crispy stuff is something else.

Char Siu doesn't sound very Americanized to me.
tongue.gif

You can never had too much K-On

Just setup my tv / stereo after my move yesterday and took a pic..... I agree 100% Exesteils
smily_headphones1.gif

Dayum, nice...
eek.gif

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #134,323 of 177,744
Oh my, I completely missed that spot.
You could probably measure the resistance between red/yellow joint and driver solder joint vs the blue/white and the broken tip. If the difference isn't big, or if at various bent angles the white wire doesn't display overload resistance then it's probably still usable. Electric tape the gash.
Otherwise if you have any ethernet cable that is unused and can be cannibalised they often use 26AWG if memory serves me right. 26AWG is what we often find in our audio toys.

Ah, this thing isn't char sui yeah.
I thought it was weird actually, when Tracey posted that since you were the one that told me the English name of cha shao is char siu lol. Weren't you two together?!
Those stuff are delicious. Oh so good.

Mmk will do. 26 AWG sounds about right for Ethernet cables.

Did I say it was char siu? I don't recall posting that here.
Nah, I had to leave to go to a housewarming party thingamabob later.

From my unscientific research. If you surf through the first 2-300 anime listed on MALs all-time list (http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php ) you will notice that damn near 100% of the time the sequal gets a higher score than the first season. In my personal experience, season 2 of a series is rarely better than the first season.

My belief is that the people watching season 2 liked season 1, and those that didn't like or hated season 1, never even try season 2.
This creates a situation where a presumably large chunk of the low-score giving voters will not give a score to season 2. Basically MAL has a weighting issue. It's not their fault, but it shows a fairly large flaw in trusting their scores 100%

As to the graphs the Panda posted, most of those last minute rises and falls are most probably entirely attributable to people like me that refrain from scoring a series until it has been completed. People that can give a rating (beyond sucks, worth watching, good) to an unfinished anything, be it movies, music, art, etc..... are not to be trusted.

... and Miceblue, here's your chance to replace the wires in the K240s with $50/ft silver core wires! I hope you can get them repaired.

Nah, if I replace wires, it'll be on my K 701 since the screw hole that holds together the left earcup on the K240 M got stripped. I'll repair it some day eventually.
I was actually planning to make the K 701 with a 4-pin XLR balanced connector in anticipation of the Pulse X, whatever day they decide to ship units. I'm just going to use a standard 4-wire Mogami W2893 microphone cable in blue. Nothing fancy at $0.82/ft. XD

And ah, that makes sense, and that's probably true. Funny how it works in the theater business though. Usually the general trend is that sequels get the same or lower ratings.

You can never had too much K-On

Just setup my tv / stereo after my move yesterday and took a pic..... I agree 100% Exesteils :)

What model are those Martin Logans again? I like the way those look more than the dark-coloured ones they had at a Magnolia HiFi section at Best Buy. Once I get the Pulse, I'll try those MLs again with a proper setup instead of using my iPhone as a source. XD

Aren't those the Qs though? K 701 has silver rings, not black.

Also, Fishi has had that as the Head-Fi avatar of choice for the longest time. XD
http://www.head-fi.org/u/360275/fishi

Yep, I went to Kau Kau lol. My mom was paranoid about me walking that far up the international district at night but clearly I didn't die or get stabbed...

Mmm, I'll definitely have to try that. Can you get it at the one in the U district or do you have to go down to their Pike Place location?

Yeah the International District can be a bit scary at night. Usually it's not too bad whenever I'm out, but my parents are always like "isn't it scary waiting at the bus stop?" XD

The one at Pike Place only sells steamed/baked items since that's the original location and they became known for their baked hom baos. The one at the UW has fewer selection for those foods, but they offer dine-in eating options so pork belly over rice would only be found at the UW one.

[rule]
Tom Yum Goong
Noooooooo I hate myself now. I just got a 8-game losing streak on 1v1 For Glory Smash Bros. T_T
Stupid Challenge Panel 3 has distracted me from using all of the characters instead of my main to complete those stupid challenges like "Clear Classic Mode with all characters" or "Play the Home-Run Contest with all characters" or "Complete 10-Man Smash with all Characters" or "Clear All Star with all characters." So sad... : (

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #134,324 of 177,744
Mmk will do. 26 AWG sounds about right for Ethernet cables.

Did I say it was char siu? I don't recall posting that here.
Nah, I had to leave to go to a housewarming party thingamabob later.

Yeah the International District can be a bit scary at night. Usually it's not too bad whenever I'm out, but my parents are always like "isn't it scary waiting at the bus stop?" XD

The one at Pike Place only sells steamed/baked items since that's the original location and they became known for their baked hom baos. The one at the UW has fewer selection for those foods, but they offer dine-in eating options so pork belly over rice would only be found at the UW one.

I dunno, ethernet cables wire is notorious for being pretty stiff IME. Just a heads-up.

Lol I just told my mom that usually it's not too bad near the bus stop... :X Which in all honesty is the worst spot I think.

Ah okay I see, that makes sense. I may just hit up Mee Sum tonight then. I've been depleting my dining money a lot faster than I anticipated so I should eat out on the Ave more while I'm not super busy with classes this week.

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #134,325 of 177,744
What model are those Martin Logans again? I like the way those look more than the dark-coloured ones they had at a Magnolia HiFi section at Best Buy. Once I get the Pulse, I'll try those MLs again with a proper setup instead of using my iPhone as a source. XD

They look like the reQuest to me. If so, they're wonderful sounding speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back