「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 23, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #125,746 of 177,744
No... Please no. Don't even mention that name.
They are pretty much banned from most audio sites due to their behavior.
They are a disgrace.
Noble was born from heir

I knew that The Wizard (what a name....) left them for whatever reason.
But I haven't heard of them behaving badly. Charming :p

Only one I couldn't find yesterday was Hyouka ED 1
frown.gif

Hyoukas OPs and EDs aren't all that important/great IMO.
The OST is where its at!

Never heard Heir products before
And probably never going to hear them
(cause I am too poor
frown.gif
)

Who knows? There might be a meet near you.

Went to camp for 3 days with no internet access...

Didn't read lol.

But now you miss all 400 Music Alchemist posts!

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #125,747 of 177,744
Just bought a 24/96 album for €10.
Suck on that, HDTracks! You and your dumb region restrictions....

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #125,748 of 177,744
  I knew that The Wizard (what a name....) left them for whatever reason.
But I haven't heard of them behaving badly. Charming :p

Hyoukas OPs and EDs aren't all that important/great IMO.
The OST is where its at!

Who knows? There might be a meet near you.

I think the first OP in Hyoka is pretty good...
ChouCho executed the song very well (I like her Million Arthur theme song too)

And LOL at the statement

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #125,749 of 177,744
Hm, I can see your points now. I'm blaming the tips for now, but I guess the word I'm looking for is that things sound like they're from a "radio;" the stereotypical can/hollow-like midrange without much weight. Mids are kind of the staple of music for me. XD

Time to find some FitEar? :p

I dunno. It depends on whether or not I can listen to one. From what it seems like, the answer is no so far. >.>

I do, I love the SR009.

Maybe my next earphone will be the STAX SR-002. : p

They actually don't sound that bad.

Just bought a 24/96 album for €10.

Suck on that, HDTracks! You and your dumb region restrictions....

Lol HD Tracks...more like Scam-Me Tracks.

bowei006
Yeah it seems I like the K10 more so far. From what I heard though, I don't think it's as good as the UERM, but I'll experiment with different eartips today.

As for K-ON's music, the voice actor for Mio has some weird squeaky voice thing sometimes that kinda annoys me. I don't remember any specific songs, but her character album had that. XD

Aug 23, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #125,750 of 177,744
Urgh, I can't stand K-On, and yet I like Chunbiyou. 

Anyway, I like this pic of Chie 

I hope we get more Persona 5 news at TGS. I mean... they haven't even revealed any characters or anything yet. Very curious as to whether the game is built on Gamebryo like Catherine was. It'll be awesome to finally see the game make the leap to HD after years of slumming it on PS2/handhelds. Also very interested in the scope of the game. Atlus is a smaller studio so the variety in locales/production has always been their sole weakness. Hell, Catherine only had a single location in the entire game (the Stray Sheep bar), I'm wondering whether the Sega acquisition has helped them beef up production since it is their most successful franchise. 

Aug 23, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #125,752 of 177,744
  Urgh, I can't stand K-On, and yet I like Chunbiyou. 

Anyway, I like this pic of Chie 

I hope we get more Persona 5 news at TGS. I mean... they haven't even revealed any characters or anything yet. Very curious as to whether the game is built on Gamebryo like Catherine was. It'll be awesome to finally see the game make the leap to HD after years of slumming it on PS2/handhelds. Also very interested in the scope of the game. Atlus is a smaller studio so the variety in locales/production has always been their sole weakness. Hell, Catherine only had a single location in the entire game (the Stray Sheep bar), I'm wondering whether the Sega acquisition has helped them beef up production since it is their most successful franchise. 

I'm the opposite. I find Chuunibyou to be pretty meh, and K-On was way better, Season 1 was at least.

Hopefully, but for their new supposed flagship game, there's hardly any hype behind it. I've seen more promo for Persona Q and P4AU.

Aug 23, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #125,753 of 177,744
I absolutely loathe K-On, but then again, I think it's because I was subconsciously longing for it to be similar to Beck, only for it to be a SoL/moeblob of the week wankfest. I might have a different opinion of it now since I watched it years and years ago, but I kinda doubt it as I've only become more cranky in my elderly years haha. There's no hype surrounding it since there's absolutely no media/info for it to speak of. All we have is like... a title screen. It's still a very long ways off since I think release date is Winter 2015. Makes no sense to release media this early on, we'll probably hear more around E3 most likely. 

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #125,754 of 177,744
DEEEERAIL!

Is anyone playing Destiny in a couple weeks? I plan to on PS4, actually have some days off work for it.

PS: I lost 5 pounds today, got my hair cut. Finally.

eh?

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #125,755 of 177,744
I was in the Destiny beta for awhile. Thought it was boring as hell myself. I was hoping for Borderlands in space or something, but it just felt mindless to me, and the sense of reward felt lacking as guns were too bog standard after the insanity of BL's kooky and inventive weapons. Maybe the actual game will be more exciting once you reach other planets cause Earth's solitary Russian outpost was snooze worthy.

And lookin good, you got this sort of Zac Efron thing goin on

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #125,756 of 177,744
I was in the Destiny beta for awhile. Thought it was boring as hell myself. I was hoping for Borderlands in space or something, but it just felt mindless to me, and the sense of reward felt lacking as guns were too bog standard after the insanity of BL's kooky and inventive weapons. Maybe the actual game will be more exciting once you reach other planets cause Earth's solitary Russian outpost was snooze worthy.

And lookin good, you got this sort of Zac Efron thing goin on

That's a fair argument. It definitely felt more "down to earth," so to speak, than Borderlands does. The madness that is BL is great in its' own respect, but in my opinion Destiny will be something I can enjoy for much longer a period of time. I played only an hour or so of the Alpha, just to confirm that it felt like Halo. To me, it is very much a spiritual successor. That alone is enough for me to be excited, honestly. I dumped far too many hours to count into Halo 2 & 3... the hype is ever-growing.

And Zac Efron? I guess there are worse things to be called.

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #125,757 of 177,744
That is a good motto to live by. I should live by it more.

I should be watching psycho pass but instead watching Falling Skies.

I prefer using the phrase while drinking ROCKST☆R.
cool.gif

The end of episode 11 of Psycho-Pass was one of the most upsetting things I've seen! It wasn't that violent; just a drastic situation that was very well put together, IMO.

Hm, bowei, the 8C sounds okay with the same setup and tips that I used for the UERM, but the timbre seems off to me; it adds a slight metallic tone to things and the bass is a bit lacking in presence. The frequency response seems uneven so far. The soundstage is actually larger than I was expecting.

Right now I'll assume it's the tips though. The demo UERM had a longer barrel length, so the Comply tips fit comfortably on that. The 8C has a pretty short one in comparison.

The design is absolutely stunning though.

A quick listen to the K10 with the same setup and tips: it seems to fix the problems I had with the 8C. XD

^ yes those are two drivers you see right under the faceplate on the right

Hm, I can see your points now. I'm blaming the tips for now, but I guess the word I'm looking for is that things sound like they're from a "radio;" the stereotypical can/hollow-like midrange without much weight. Mids are kind of the staple of music for me. XD

This is also the first time I've seen someone use tips on custom IEMS. Did you try using them without the tips as well?

It looks even more like a tiger's eye gemstone in that pic!

No! It's peer-reviewed! 100% true.
Don't deny it, scrub!
The guy who explained it had a lab coat on. Makes him 200% right.

Haha. Did you see the Dinosaurs episode where the guy in a lab coat is in the courtroom and everyone is awed by the professional air he exudes as he proclaims the Earth is indeed flat? XD

Teach me how to rob a bank, senpai!

That's only a little over $600. lol

Because you love this ****.

Someone recommended Lucky Star to me. I watched a few clips and it seems to be nothing more than them going about their daily lives, primarily at a lunch table. If I do ever watch it, it won't be soon.

Shirokumakafe has an ending song using enka. Listening to that gives me a sudden urge to play Morrowind. Apparently when I was last playing Morrowind I was listening to enka.
It's so weird how music can suddenly surge up strong memories.

@EveTan asked if anyone knew Enka a while back. You probably already replied to that, though.

Or Heir Audio
ksc75smile.gif

I tried their whole range and found them rather meh. The 8.0A stood out the most, being some what Roxanne sounding, aka bad.

That's just me.

I always forget what Heir is known for. Sound-wise.

No... Please no. Don't even mention that name.
They are pretty much banned from most audio sites due to their behavior.

They are a disgrace.

Noble was born from heir

This. Heir Audio is banned from Head-Fi, and we're not supposed to even discuss them here! I actually had one of their products removed from my wish list thread by a moderator before realizing this.

Went to camp for 3 days with no internet access...

Didn't read lol.

I was wondering where you had run off to!

No worries.
tongue.gif

As you know, some HDtracks releases are valuable due to the fact that they use different masters, making the music sound pretty different than the CD.

DEEEERAIL!

Is anyone playing Destiny in a couple weeks? I plan to on PS4, actually have some days off work for it.

eh?

Spada reveals his true form!

Hey man, read this crazy post I made. It's in the spoiler box.

Also, you should love the free Final Fantasy VII-related music I shared here.

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #125,758 of 177,744
Fixed my MacBook!

Took me quite a bit of work too. But I've done it.
- Had a recovery disk lying around, but it has scratches on it. Didn't work
- Decided to install Linux, but since the BIOS doesn't allow booting from USB this is a real PITA.
- Removed the HDD and tried to install it in my desktop PC, but since the only SATA cable I had lying around was damaged, I couldn't get it to be recognized.
- Put the Mac HDD in my Lenovo Laptop. Booted Linux from USB and went and installed arch linux on the HDD (I used Manjaro as distro, since my bro had a bootable USB drive with that lying around).
- Put the HDD back in my Mac and booted. The OS couldn't boot properly.
- But I did found out that at least GRUB works correctly.
- Tried to boot from USB using boot. All attempts failed. Apparently it's difficult since the BIOS doesn't allow booting from USB.
- I was done messing around in the console of GRUB so I typed 'exit'. All of the sudden it booted in USB! How!?
- I installed Linux on my MacBook. Rebooted on the HDD and the OS booted properly!
- I had some trouble running a system update due to signature errors. Eventually fixed the issue by editing the config of pacman to trust all signatures.

Phew. Took me about 4 hours to get to this point. But at least now I have two laptops. :devil_face:

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #125,759 of 177,744
Fixed my MacBook!

Took me quite a bit of work too. But I've done it.
- Had a recovery disk lying around, but it has scratches on it. Didn't work
- Decided to install Linux, but since the BIOS doesn't allow booting from USB this is a real PITA.
- Removed the HDD and tried to install it in my desktop PC, but since the only SATA cable I had lying around was damaged, I couldn't get it to be recognized.
- Put the Mac HDD in my Lenovo Laptop. Booted Linux from USB and went and installed arch linux on the HDD (I used Manjaro as distro, since my bro had a bootable USB drive with that lying around).
- Put the HDD back in my Mac and booted. The OS couldn't boot properly.
- But I did found out that at least GRUB works correctly.
- Tried to boot from USB using boot. All attempts failed. Apparently it's difficult since the BIOS doesn't allow booting from USB.
- I was done messing around in the console of GRUB so I typed 'exit'. All of the sudden it booted in USB! How!?
- I installed Linux on my MacBook. Rebooted on the HDD and the OS booted properly!
- I had some trouble running a system update due to signature errors. Eventually fixed the issue by editing the config of pacman to trust all signatures.

Phew. Took me about 4 hours to get to this point. But at least now I have two laptops.
devil_face.gif

lol. My brother's desktop computer got fried somehow. He tried using another older desktop, but it didn't work either. He then tried restoring his laptop to factory settings, but didn't realize it wasn't able to do that in its current state, rendering it useless. So just yesterday, he had me let him use a CD drive and recovery disc. After that, he also had to use a USB wireless adapter to connect to the Internet to download the driver he needed to activate the laptop's wireless card. Not quite as laborious, but a similar story.

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #125,760 of 177,744
DEEEERAIL!

eh?

Looking pretty sharp there! : D

This is also the first time I've seen someone use tips on custom IEMS. Did you try using them without the tips as well?

Demo CIEMs are built to allow universal tips on them. Otherwise, only one person would be able to use it: the person it was fitted for. Without a universal tip, you might as well take a universal earphone, take the tip off, and put that in your ear.

They're also infamously known to just sell upsampled CD-quality albums.

Such use of HD-ness.

I bought both the HD and the CD versions of the album, blind tested them with an ABX test, failed.

[rule]
Huh, the V-MODA BLISS 3.0 eartips seem to do a good job for me with the Noble lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back