or Connect

Posts by Music Alchemist

Get the MT220! By far my favorite closed headphone. I like it more than most open headphones too.
I've owned around 50 headphones. (See profile.)   I did not own them all at once. Selling and trading on the used market enabled me to try dozens of headphones efficiently without losing much money.   When I first joined this site, I was like a kid in a candy store. I wanted everything. After either owning or auditioning many of the headphones I lusted after, I've mellowed out and lost interest in nearly all of them.   Right now I am only using a Koss KTXPRO1. (Also...
 Ah, yes, I did think it was more complex than that, so thanks for the clarification.
Conventional (like dynamic and planar magnetic) headphones can be driven directly from the outputs of the MSB SELECT DAC II. Electrostatic headphones are different and require either an electrostatic headphone amplifier or an electrostatic converter powered by a speaker amp. Integrating it with the DAC in the unique way they have seems to provide an advantage in itself, but regardless, that doesn't necessarily make it the best electrostatic amp for STAX.   The #1 thing I...
 Personally, the entire concept of concerts seems petty to me. I actually have a lot more experience performing on-stage than listening in-audience, at least when it comes to classical, jazz, and so on...and that was even more petty than the metal scene, in my opinion. I've only been to one metal concert. Although my favorite band was playing and I enjoyed it, the sound quality was laughably bad and the volume was so high it felt like it was going to destroy my hearing....
 Soilwork's lyrics are so...ambiguous and metaphorical. Don't worry: people like me type up the lyrics and publish them on Metal-Archives! Even obscure bands have lyrics available there.
 Metal is already an elitist form of music. The aesthetic experience packaged with the music is simply an extension of that. It adds to the mystique of it all. The reasons for the medieval font thing should be obvious, in the context of black metal. As for other fonts and genres, that depends, I guess.
 The placebo effect only applies to subtle (or, as you said, "minute") differences, not when it sounds completely different. For the last freaking time...these are not subtle differences! It's literally comparing between awful and amazing. I have dedicated my life to music. Telling me I am imagining a difference (especially when I clearly stated it's like night and day) is the most insulting thing someone can say to me. And wow. Insulting my intelligence, my hearing, and...
 I never experienced noise with the SRM-212 using the SR-207. (The SRM-212 apparently has the same circuit as the SRM-252S.)
 Yep, she's pretty cool. I always wanted to be in a band with at least one female member. During lunch in high school, I used to hang out at this stairway with a girl, and we decided to form our own rock band. We called it Stairway Club as an obvious reference to our hangout. lol. It wasn't a real band, though; just us hanging out in her room practicing guitar and bass. XD A metal band I was in later on sort of had a female member, but not in the musical sense. She was the...