「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 16, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #110,626 of 177,744
Working in a job that is also your personal vocation, must be wonderful...

One of the Oculus Rift founders recently stated that he believes that TVs will be obsolete in a few decades.
This statement is wrong on so so many levels.

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #110,630 of 177,744

One of the Oculus Rift founders recently stated that he believes that TVs will be obsolete in a few decades.
This statement is wrong on so so many levels.

Really? I actually see a plausibility in that, I never watching anything on TV myself. (why would I? there's the internet for that.)

TVs or TV? I haven't read it, but the latter I can see where he's coming from.

lol what's the difference between 1and many TVs in that context?

The things you watch TV on.

Oh lol..... then I agree. TV programs.

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #110,631 of 177,744
Looking at the vid picture makes me really not want to click it Accoun, but I share in your sorrow.

Then there's when this happens and well...

Lol. Priceless.

I do that on purpose when I switch from headphones to speakers on my desktop!

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #110,632 of 177,744
No, not because people don't like watching TV anymore.
He was talking about the devices becoming obsolete because of all this new AR and VR stuff.
Seriously, I just don't see how something like the Oculus Rift could replace a TV. Well, maybe this could be a thing for singles etc.
But does he really think that e.g. families will come together in the evening and watch Die Hard 23 with their VR devices on their heads? There is no such thing as "watching a movie together" in his dystopian future. mWhat about people who just want to turn on the TV and watch the news while eating lunch or whatever? Not gonna be a thing anymore. And what about sports bars and locations like this where people gather to watch stuff on the TV together?
I don't get his vision.

And he couldn't be more vague about all this by saying that this will be the case in a few decades.

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #110,635 of 177,744
Looking at the vid picture makes me really not want to click it Accoun, but I share in your sorrow.

Kinda shame, you'd know why it was even "better" than just a loud track starting suddenly... :-y

Then there's when this happens and well...

Lol. Priceless.

Well, it can get not exactly nice...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776087

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #110,636 of 177,744
Just found out that this character in cantonese means angry:

As you may know, Chinese words are pictograms.
This character in particular is composed of the character for women (女) squished between 2 characters for male (男).
So I was just thinking if there was some NTR story behind the formation of this chinese character....
rolleyes.gif

PS:
if any of you have a retina display, do take a pic of how that character looks on your screen in 12 point font.
It looks like schiit on my WXGA screen.

It's practically illegible in actual size.

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #110,639 of 177,744

Pfft, Sony fanboy. 
tongue.gif

Heh, I'll download it too. Why not. Assuming my server has any space left, hehe

It's more likely that he's already invested in the lolNEX ecosystem that Sony later didn't do too well supporting.

Fair enough.

Just found out that this character in cantonese means angry:

As you may know, Chinese words are pictograms.
This character in particular is composed of the character for women (女) squished between 2 characters for male (男).
So I was just thinking if there was some NTR story behind the formation of this chinese character....
rolleyes.gif

PS:
if any of you have a retina display, do take a pic of how that character looks on your screen in 12 point font.
It looks like schiit on my WXGA screen.

It's practically illegible in actual size.

Lol! The more you know...

This picture is so disturbing it's not even funny.
Also, reported for being a gif. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back