「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 20, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #102,166 of 177,747
Jan 20, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #102,173 of 177,747
Rune Factory 4 officially cancelled in Europe. Of course, there is region lock so you couldn't just import from the US.

THANKS NINTENDO.

Oh great...thanks Nintendo and stupid publisher.

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #102,174 of 177,747
Bowei you ******* ****. It's not the same thing. Don't drop Franken fran yet.

It's not that Fraken Fran is the same thing as Yume no Omocha but that it features very similar stuff. 

Obviously I'm generalizing a lot right here. Just because someone didn't like one romance manga doesn't mean they won't like another so yeah, I get your point. I meant Fraken Fran was similar in that it had all the gutsy and 'meaty' stuff
  I did not know that you would classify this shallow stuff a metaphor. I thought we were talking like Shinsekai yori level stuff :/

Obviously, its not SSY stuff, but its stuff I identify with. 

What makes me love it is that KlK makes it known that it wants to feature this stuff as present metaphors. Each episode re-iterates different metaphors on the same theme point (with variances) which is awesome. Most anime today FAIL at showing a metaphor that is interesting AND having an epic show to boot.

That's why I like it :D

My YouTube died. Has been like this since yesterday evening.

There are a bazillion manga-reading-websites (or whatever you want to call them) out there.

Is there also something like a light novel-reading-website?

Did you try new browser with cleared cache and history? Maybe DNS flush or try an alternate DNS

Im trying to learn Dango theme on piano 
tongue.gif
not the my nigga version though lol..

So I read the first chapter of All You Need Is Kill.

And thank god it stays faithful to the Novel, only with the added skill of Obata Takeshi from Death Note fame.

Dayum it was a good first chapter!

Nice, is that a new manga?

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #102,175 of 177,747

Nice, is that a new manga?

In terms of release, yes, All You Need Is Kill is a brand new manga but it's actually adapted from a novel of the same name written by Hiroshi Sakurazaka. The novel was a very entertaining read and quite a page turner. It's no high literature but it was damn fun.
I think the reason why it was adapted to Manga is because Hollywood is making a film based on that book called "Edge of Tomorrow" starring the now quite old Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt.
I just hope that Hollywood won't butcher it.

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #102,176 of 177,747

In terms of release, yes, All You Need Is Kill is a brand new manga but it's actually adapted from a novel of the same name written by Hiroshi Sakurazaka. The novel was a very entertaining read and quite a page turner. It's no high literature but it was damn fun.
I think the reason why it was adapted to Manga is because Hollywood is making a film based on that book called "Edge of Tomorrow" starring the now quite old Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt.
I just hope that Hollywood won't butcher it.

Your hopes are too high. 
rolleyes.gif

The only place capable of producing over the top anime and manga would be Bollywood

Proof:
(2min mark)

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #102,177 of 177,747
  Your hopes are too high. 
rolleyes.gif

The only place capable of producing over the top anime and manga would be Bollywood

Proof:
(2min mark)

Oh that Bollywood film lol. I don't think that they have the word overkill in their dictionary. 
biggrin.gif

But seriously, the trailer isn't all bad. It does take some liberties from the book (MC is American and it takes place in Europe rather in Japan) and also the second MC is American in the book but British in the film (the one played by Emily Blunt).

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #102,179 of 177,747
  Seems interesting

Any movie with Tom Cruise in it hasn't been doing well as of late though

Oblivion was alright. Story was okay but the art direction and visual effects were truly mindblowing.

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #102,180 of 177,747
Inb4 Yukikaze getting ruined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back