「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #97,908 of 177,745
  Ooh, those look very nice! Can you upload a larger picture though?

I'm still very much considering getting the 1964 V3s with some sort of anime related artwork. How do they sound with female vocalist anisong and vocaloid music?

Clicking on the image in my original post should open a larger version in my gallery. I'll re-post here as well anyway, try clicking on this one and tell me if it works.

I'm listening to my V3s through the Fiio X3 (no treble or bass adjustments) and they come across as warm and musical. Not analytical but very clear, the isolation they provide probably has a bit to do with that. They sound pretty awesome. Was just listening to Gossling (kind of an indie rock/folk artist). Switched to Miku (I don't know of anisong, whats she like?) and out of the limited headphones experience I have had, folk/pop vocals sound fantastic on the V3. The main headphones I can really compare these to would be the MadDogs by Mr. Speakers which are more analytical and have much less bass impact. Personally, from the research I did, I figured the quads or the V6-S would be too bassy and the V6 too analytical (though I imagine you would experience a fuller sound with better sound stage on the V6/V6-S, not that I believe the the V3 falls short in those areas).

Mind you this is the first pair of CIEMs I have owned and you may want to get some more advice.

If you haven't used CIEMs before I just want to say be extra careful with volume. I have my X3 set to reset the volume to 5 every time it turns on and usually this is all the volume I need for the V3s(had volume as high as 24 when using with other headphones).

Hope this helps :)

Dec 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #97,909 of 177,745
  Ooh, those look very nice! Can you upload a larger picture though?

I'm still very much considering getting the 1964 V3s with some sort of anime related artwork. How do they sound with female vocalist anisong and vocaloid music?

Clicking on the image in my original post should open a larger version in my gallery. I'll re-post here as well anyway try clicking on this one and tell me if it works.

I'm listening to my V3s through the Fiio X3 (no treble or bass adjustments) and they come across as warm and musical. Not analytical but very clear, the isolation they provide probably has a bit to do with that. They sound pretty awesome. Was just listening to Gossling (kind of an indie rock/folk artist). Switched to Miku (I don't know of anisong, whats she like?) and out of the limited headphones experience I have had, folk/pop vocals sound fantastic on the V3. The main headphones I can really compare these to would be the MadDogs by Mr. Speakers which are more analytical and have much less bass impact. Personally, from the research I did, I figured the quads or the V6-S would be too bassy and the V6 too analytical (though I imagine you would experience a fuller sound with better sound stage on the V6/V6-S, not that I believe the the V3 falls short in those areas).

Mind you this is the first pair of CIEMs I have owned and you may want to get some more advice.

If you haven't used CIEMs before I just want to say be extra careful with volume. I have my X3 set to reset the volume to 5 every time it turns on and usually this is all the volume I need for the V3s(had volume as high as 24 when using with other headphones).

Dec 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #97,911 of 177,745
  They have cars in Narnia?

I find it really sad but also pretty funny that you just take the giant glowing M on the left side as given and instead ask about the cars.

Dec 18, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #97,912 of 177,745
  only CRVs

OOOO I see. Ok

Clicking on the image in my original post should open a larger version in my gallery. I'll re-post here as well anyway try clicking on this one and tell me if it works.

You sure its not the X3 also doing its wonders on the IEM's? 

I find it really sad but also pretty funny that you just take the giant glowing M on the left side as given and instead ask about the cars.

I can't focus too well right now.

Dec 18, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #97,913 of 177,745

Of course there's golden arches. My first meal when I was in Japan? McD's..... they have a Mega Muffin there..... Double sausage McMuffin with egg, ham, and teriyaki sauce...... it literally blew my mind.

Dec 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #97,915 of 177,745

Of course there's golden arches. My first meal when I was in Japan? McD's..... they have a Mega Muffin there..... Double sausage McMuffin with egg, ham, and teriyaki sauce...... it literally blew my mind.

Haven't been to a Burger King, McDonalds etc in like seven or eight years.
I would make an exception if I ever go to Japan :3

Dec 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #97,917 of 177,745
  You sure its not the X3 also doing its wonders on the IEM's? 

Maybe, I'm not sure. I don't have enough experience to say for sure. I was mostly comparing them to my MadDogs on the same device. I suppose I should test them on something else but all I have at the moment is my crappy laptop...

Like I said, they should get more advice.

Dec 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #97,920 of 177,745

Happy 5001 post!

It isn't even the 18th anymore here so....GG!

Huh? Oh...that happened. I don't really understand why post count determines your badge here. -_-"

tongue.gif

Anyways, like Mechy said, we'll probably do a Winter Break call instead when everybody is more readily available. We're thinking something like a thread game night sort of thing? I don't know if there's anything everybody or a lot of us have. I was thinking Terraria, possibly Starbound, Risk of Rain, War Thunder or WoT? I don't know. Terraria seems like the easiest and most enjoyable out of all of the current listed ones. We could try TF2 somehow.

Edit: Also, apparently SeaSonic makes keyboards now. They have a Topre board.

http://seasonicusa.com/Topre%20Keyboard.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back