「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 18, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #97,922 of 177,750
The ZX1 thread is exploding because it sounds better than that ridiculously over-priced AK47120 at half the price.

That's not that big of an archievement.

Same thing with the DX50/X3 and the AK100.

True, but it's the AK120. XD
Alas, an honest review that cuts right through the hype.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/astell-kern-ak120/reviews/10125

The AK100 with its 23 Ω output was a joke of a device. >.>

Yeah I got the extended warranty.

With warranty: free (well 2-3 days to fix up)

Without warranty: the replacement costs more than my STAX system T_T

Awwww, they don't give you the newer model? Apple can actually freaking repair the display :O
Ouch. Too bad most laptops seem to be going away with repairability to shave off every millimeter of thickness they can.

What right-minded company would just give you the next model of a laptop? The thing is only a year old, of course they have replacements. -_-

Huh? Oh...that happened. I don't really understand why post count determines your badge here. -_-"

:p

Anyways, like Mechy said, we'll probably do a Winter Break call instead when everybody is more readily available. We're thinking something like a thread game night sort of thing? I don't know if there's anything everybody or a lot of us have. I was thinking Terraria, possibly Starbound, Risk of Rain, War Thunder or WoT? I don't know. Terraria seems like the easiest and most enjoyable out of all of the current listed ones. We could try TF2 somehow.

I have the Skype Premium account, so we can try to setup a video chat maybe.

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #97,925 of 177,750
@bowei006: I've never even heard of this guy: http://www.head-fi.org/u/100213/MEch

Had a nice sunset on my way home from work.

Ooh, nice! 

Ooh, those look very nice! Can you upload a larger picture though?

I'm still very much considering getting the 1964 V3s with some sort of anime related artwork. How do they sound with female vocalist anisong and vocaloid music?

Clicking on the image in my original post should open a larger version in my gallery. I'll re-post here as well anyway, try clicking on this one and tell me if it works.

I'm listening to my V3s through the Fiio X3 (no treble or bass adjustments) and they come across as warm and musical. Not analytical but very clear, the isolation they provide probably has a bit to do with that. They sound pretty awesome. Was just listening to Gossling (kind of an indie rock/folk artist). Switched to Miku (I don't know of anisong, whats she like?) and out of the limited headphones experience I have had, folk/pop vocals sound fantastic on the V3. The main headphones I can really compare these to would be the MadDogs by Mr. Speakers which are more analytical and have much less bass impact. Personally, from the research I did, I figured the quads or the V6-S would be too bassy and the V6 too analytical (though I imagine you would experience a fuller sound with better sound stage on the V6/V6-S, not that I believe the the V3 falls short in those areas).

Mind you this is the first pair of CIEMs I have owned and you may want to get some more advice.

If you haven't used CIEMs before I just want to say be extra careful with volume. I have my X3 set to reset the volume to 5 every time it turns on and usually this is all the volume I need for the V3s(had volume as high as 24 when using with other headphones).

Hope this helps :)

Derp, that must have just been chrome canary builds being stupid...

Sweet, that's exactly what I was looking for. I've owned the MDs since version 2.0 and enjoyed them a lot over the year. But for IEMs I was looking for something with more impact and that were a bit more forward in the vocal area.
Oh, and by anisong I just mean anime music. Although this isn't technically an anime song, it's one of my favorites:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXj2gK-prYI
I'm looking for something that makes vocalists like that nice and forward.

I find it really sad but also pretty funny that you just take the giant glowing M on the left side as given and instead ask about the cars.

Of course there's golden arches. My first meal when I was in Japan? McD's..... they have a Mega Muffin there..... Double sausage McMuffin with egg, ham, and teriyaki sauce...... it literally blew my mind.

Woah, that sounds freaking awesome! Do want.

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #97,926 of 177,750

Tamako Love Story movie announced!

I'm excited.

I dropped Tamako Market 2-3eps before the last after I realized...literally nothing was happening.

you mean:

Nothing Happens: The movie.

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #97,927 of 177,750
  Ooh, nice! 

Derp, that must have just been chrome canary builds being stupid...

Sweet, that's exactly what I was looking for. I've owned the MDs since version 2.0 and enjoyed them a lot over the year. But for IEMs I was looking for something with more impact and that were a bit more forward in the vocal area.
Oh, and by anisong I just mean anime music. Although this isn't technically an anime song, it's one of my favorites:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXj2gK-prYI
I'm looking for something that makes vocalists like that nice and forward.

Woah, that sounds freaking awesome! Do want.

schiiit

I was typing really fast and hit mech instead. Stupid call tool.

Anyway, pics of your SS box? :D

you mean:

Nothing Happens: The movie.

....please no :frowning2:

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #97,928 of 177,750

Tamako Love Story movie announced!

I'm excited.

I dropped Tamako Market 2-3eps before the last after I realized...literally nothing was happening.

Yeah nothing happened. I was ok with that, but I don't blame people that aren't.

@IcedTea : What I do is number them 1-XX and have a friend pick a number. It's worked well so far!

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #97,930 of 177,750
  Thought this might be appreciated here...

My custom CIEMs I got a while ago.

1964 EARS - V3
- Advanced art: Hatsune Miku
- Translucent white face plates
- Light Blue shells
- Sparse Tourmaline Glitter

What do you guys think?

This is the original Miku art which I edited slightly to get printed on the caps.

I recently came across a whole bunch of other Miku art which I kind of wish I had found before choosing my design.
I looked for this Image initially because its on an art book I have.

Eventually going to get CIEMs.... one with Miku (or all of the Vocaloids), and AKB0048 (probably Nagisa). One of these days...

And by the way, those are beautiful. I'm waiting to see what LifeAspect's CIEMs will look like. Miku \o/

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #97,931 of 177,750
I gotta say, the CS4398 DAC used in P-H is still a fav of mine.

After doing a lot of learning in terms of what companies in audio do. It's pretty obvious to me how high margins generally are and why the $40 DAC the P-H uses still beats them..

Obviously I'm not factoring real price. The $40 was for the unassembled large scale CS4398 that our local foxconn worker had to assemble and then get to work

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #97,932 of 177,750
@Aoki Hagane

Source code written in C++
biggrin.gif

I see a list of defs on the right there.... Seems legit!!

Code:
 double pei = 3.141592.... // pi double h = 6.6260..... // planck's constant double ele = 1.602...... // elementary charge

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #97,933 of 177,750
  @Aoki Hagane

biggrin.gif

Code:
 double pei = 3.141592.... // pi double h = 6.6260..... // planck's constant double ele = 1.602...... // elementary charge

That pic...... could have come from a hentai. IJS.

Haha.

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #97,934 of 177,750
  @Aoki Hagane

biggrin.gif

Code:

The more I watch this show, the more I really like it.

The themes, charactirazation and in how they use and force character traits and themes onto them as commentary towards human society is just so interesting. 

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #97,935 of 177,750
Anyone good with highschool physics? I was wondering if anyone could help me with stuff I don't understand (I have to look at it first, dunno what I dunno).

On a side note, how did that paper go Boris?

Oh and Happy Birthday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back