「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #95,821 of 177,745
  I remember you from a long time ago. HIIII.

Yeah, this is a very good season :)

I wasn't gone for that long though I have been lurking in the shadows a lot more then before
very_evil_smiley.gif
. I have the entire Tokyo Ravens (It's going to go up to Volume 9 
biggrin.gif
) season, well what's aired so far, on my iPhone. Though I can't seem to find out if Unbreakable Machine Doll is going to be 24 or 12 episodes.

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #95,822 of 177,745

I wasn't gone for that long though I have been lurking in the shadows a lot more then before
very_evil_smiley.gif
. I have the entire Tokyo Ravens (It's going to go up to Volume 9 
biggrin.gif
) season, well what's aired so far, on my iPhone. Though I can't seem to find out if Unbreakable Machine Doll is going to be 24 or 12 episodes.

I forgot about UMDoll
Not sure what I should do about it. Continue or not.

Tokyo Ravens seemed interesting. I have one or two shows(or 3-4) I still need to demo

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #95,823 of 177,745
  I forgot about UMDoll
Not sure what I should do about it. Continue or not.

Tokyo Ravens seemed interesting. I have one or two shows(or 3-4) I still need to demo

A lot of interesting stuff starts happening in volume 5 (they should be at around V3 right now) in Tokyo Ravens. Episode 6 was fun but I think they skipped one of my favorite side stories, hopefully it comes back in a later episode.

IMO the light novel anime and Kill la Kill are the main highlights of this season, but then again I think light novels cover like 50% or more of the anime in this season.

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #95,824 of 177,745
  I have tried/seen/read all of those except for Durarara and Blue Exorcist both of which didn't interest me in their premise when I did go and read about them

Durarara seems interest now that many say its very good though

I loved Busou Renkin, Toradora though. :)

I really enjoyed DRRR!!, the anime more than the manga though. It was interesting and I enjoyed the characters a lot. It was a plot that was fun to watch unfold.

Toradora is one of the ones that I reread often, especially when I'm feeling down. I haven't gone through Buso Renkin in a while though. The one time I tried I wasn't able to find it anywhere.

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #95,825 of 177,745

I'll be waiting. I have read a schiit ton of manga already so try your best :)

I didn't like the premise of Black Cat that much :/

Yeah, it's not for everyone.

Lessee... Apologies it's a small list, I haven't been doing much with manga recently because I've been caught up with video games and a comic series instead.
Iris Zero, Darker than Black, Tora Dora, Blue Exorcist, Durarara!!, Hayate the Combat Butler, The World God Only Knows, Bakuman, Beelzebub, FLCL, Buso Renkin.
About 90% of my manga comes from someone else haha, I just kind of pick up the stuff he talks to me about all the time. I actually had to go through some old conversations to remember some names. It was taking a while so I just threw together this list. Ehh, I have a liking to certain things that might not be for you. So my recommendations might not be that great.

//conversation moved on to iPod earbuds. I admit I've never owned an iPod.

Nah, don't worry about it dude. Some of us gravedig like crazy if we go away for an hour/night/day/week/month/whatever and read everything while we were gone.

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #95,826 of 177,745

I really enjoyed DRRR!!, the anime more than the manga though. It was interesting and I enjoyed the characters a lot. It was a plot that was fun to watch unfold.

Toradora is one of the ones that I reread often, especially when I'm feeling down. I haven't gone through Buso Renkin in a while though. The one time I tried I wasn't able to find it anywhere.

I have a feeling I'll be rereading Golden Time a bit like Toradora since they have so many similarities (no surprise considering they're both from the same author).

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #95,827 of 177,745
  Ey, he lives!

He's back!

The man!  The Legend!

lol.

Requoting bowei:

You asked female character + Audeze. You just got one fresh from the oven.

Rough sketch. Still needs some touch ups but now, much needed sleep. Good night.

Does Audeze have new headphones or something? LCD-XC? Are those closed? 
blink.gif

WELCOME BACK!

Haha!

༎ຶ‿༎ຶ​

I haven't been keeping up too much on audio or anime, but last week I started watching Haibane Renmei and it's the best show I've watched in some time.​

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #95,828 of 177,745

A lot of interesting stuff starts happening in volume 5 (they should be at around V3 right now) in Tokyo Ravens. Episode 6 was fun but I think they skipped one of my favorite side stories, hopefully it comes back in a later episode.

IMO the light novel anime and Kill la Kill are the main highlights of this season, but then again I think light novels cover like 50% or more of the anime in this season.

I need to catch up to KlK

The art for Tokyo Ravens is nice though

I have never read it. Only saw the anime a few times

Busou Renkin not found?

lol.

Does Audeze have new headphones or something? LCD-XC? Are those closed? 
blink.gif

They have two new HP :) 

X and XC

One opened, one closed

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #95,830 of 177,745

I need to catch up to KlK

The art for Tokyo Ravens is nice though
I have never read it. Only saw the anime a few times

Busou Renkin not found?

They have two new HP :) 

X and XC

One opened, one closed

Interesting.

@Manveru?

Really? I'm almost finished with Haibane Renmei(on last episode) and while I really liked the atmosphere and mysterious nature of it. Isn't something I care too much about?

Are you into romance anime or rom com?

I guess I just really like stuff that has this type of atmosphere.

Dunno. Probably just case by case.

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #95,834 of 177,745
@Bowei for manga recommendations. Some are in limbo, some are ongoing, some are completed.
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Big Order
Malicious Code (though only 4 chapters are available as of now. In France, volume two is out)
Ousama Game by Nobuaki Kanzawa and Hitori Renda (currently in Limbo)
Taboo Taboo
Dogs: Bullets & Carnage
Tripeace
Heads (Short/Completed)
Kimi ni Shika Kikoenai by Otsuichi and Kiyohara Hiro (short/completed) note: there are two versions from two different artists. The one drawn by Kiyohara Hiro is in my opinion, the better one.
Parasite by Iwaaki Hitoshi (completed) note: if you like horror manga, I guess this one's very good

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #95,835 of 177,745
  @Bowei for manga recommendations. Some are in limbo, some are ongoing, some are completed.
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Big Order
Malicious Code (though only 4 chapters are available as of now. In France, volume two is out)
Ousama Game by Nobuaki Kanzawa and Hitori Renda (currently in Limbo)
Taboo Taboo
Dogs: Bullets & Carnage
Tripeace
Heads (Short/Completed)
Kimi ni Shika Kikoenai by Otsuichi and Kiyohara Hiro (short/completed) note: there are two versions from two different artists. The one drawn by Kiyohara Hiro is in my opinion, the better one.

Dayum thank you.

Finally some manga where for the most part, I haven't read

I'm currently reading Horimiya right now so can you pm me this list so I don't forget? thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back