「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 22, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #95,611 of 177,750
  I don't like Friday nights and weekends that much around here, people get drunk and knock on others' doors at 0400 or some time around then. Or maybe not get drunk and still do so anyway._.

*looks at your location tag* WHOOAAAAAAAAAA SCOTLAND, THE LAND OF WHISKEY I'M SO JELLY.

Wow, I had no idea Vortex ended up in France, I'll be going there for about a week in 6 months time.

I'll be staying in Paris, and apart from the big sights, is there anything I should do? I know it's a lifelong dream for some to holiday in France, but I'm really just going to accompany a friend to visit his waifu, so I'm pretty unenthusiastic about the trip. 
tongue.gif

I wonder what the alcohol prices are like...

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #95,613 of 177,750

*looks at your location tag* WHOOAAAAAAAAAA SCOTLAND, THE LAND OF WHISKEY I'M SO JELLY.

Wow, I had no idea Vortex ended up in France, I'll be going there for about a week in 6 months time.

I'll be staying in Paris, and apart from the big sights, is there anything I should do? I know it's a lifelong dream for some to holiday in France, but I'm really just going to accompany a friend to visit his waifu, so I'm pretty unenthusiastic about the trip. 
tongue.gif

There are lots of things you can do in Paris. If you're looking for manga, there are tons and tons, sadly it's in French. But if you're interested in Japanese books and stuff, there's a Japanese library called Junku at 18 rue des Pyramides. You can find tons of raw Japanese manga, also artbooks and memorabilia and other stuff.

At what exact month will you go to Paris? If it's in Summer and in the beginning of July, there's a huge Japanese convention called Japan Expo.

About alcohol, you'll be in luck. It's very, very cheap.

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #95,614 of 177,750

tongue.gif

Hahaha, guess what, the students here just drink beer and vodka, they almost always never drink whiskey!

You could also just go on a foodie trip, France has always been considered a culinary heaven for tourists. That's nice of you to treat your friend that way! Ask him a little more about the food and wine, I'm sure he'll be able to point you in the right direction!

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #95,615 of 177,750

At what exact month will you go to Paris? If it's in Summer and in the beginning of July, there's a huge Japanese convention called Japan Expo.

About alcohol, you'll be in luck. It's very, very cheap.

I think I might be going around July, thanks for letting me know about the expo, I'll see if I can change our travel plans, it sounds interesting.

Woohoo!

Think I'll be able to get around okay without knowing a whisker of French?

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #95,616 of 177,750

You could also just go on a foodie trip, France has always been considered a culinary heaven for tourists. That's nice of you to treat your friend that way! Ask him a little more about the food and wine, I'm sure he'll be able to point you in the right direction!

It is very expensive though. Well in Paris at least. But yeah, France has a great culinary history.

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #95,617 of 177,750

Think I'll be able to get around okay without knowing a whisker of French?

Well I think in Paris it would be a bit okay since it's a very touristic city but it's better to learn a bit of French. Even if it's very touristic, the majority of French people aren't very good with English.

Oh yeah, if you plan to use public transport in Paris particularly the metro/subway, make sure to be very careful of your belongings. Also, it has a complex underground metro system so make sure not to get lost :wink:

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #95,618 of 177,750
Hmm, Mirai Nikki Part 2 is $23 on Amazon Lightning Deals right now...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DICPBP6/
Meh, still too much money for the show. If it were on BD I'd consider it.

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #95,619 of 177,750
  Hahaha, guess what, the students here just drink beer and vodka, they almost always never drink whiskey!

It is very expensive though. Well in Paris at least. But yeah, France has a great culinary history.

Yeah, hopefully we wont have too much trouble finding some decent restaurants where we won't need to have a reservation. ^^

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #95,620 of 177,750

Well I think in Paris it would be a bit okay since it's a very touristic city but it's better to learn a bit of French. Even if it's very touristic, the majority of French people aren't very good with English.

Oh yeah, if you plan to use public transport in Paris particularly the metro/subway, make sure to be very careful of your belongings. Also, it has a complex underground metro system so make sure not to get lost :wink:

Oh dear. 
tongue.gif

Japan was easy to get around in, even for a dummy like me, Paris sounds like it's on a whole nuther level. 
confused_face.gif

Nov 22, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #95,621 of 177,750
  Nice. My chances of buying one of those just increased.
Though I can get an Atom powered Windows 8 tablet for around $300, which would probably play video files just as well if not better.

Amazon has them used like new for 150ish.  Which is a complete steal imo.  I can almost guarantee the windows 8 will player better.  

Nov 22, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #95,622 of 177,750
  And not a single **** was given on that day:

This honestly feels like what my weekend is gonna be like.

Wut?

That is some good 3D CGI though

Let's say for manual browsing.

If for example the music which has the track number included in the IDTag but not on the file name is stored like this: Music-/Pink Floyd/Dark Side of the Moon/Speak to Me.flac (track 1); Breathe.flac (track 2);...;/

Will browsing on the X3 display it in track order according to the IDTag (Speak to Me.flac (track 1); Breathe.flac (track 2);...:wink: or in alphabetical order (Breathe.flac (track 2); Speak to Me.flac (track 1);...:wink: or does it order based on the track number in front of the title (e.g: 01 - Speak to Me.flac; 02 - Breathe.flac)?

FiiO just updated their track order listening. 

I do not remember how it works with the new 2.1 update(yesterday). Sorry

Pre 2.1 update
I wrote this on its sorting
  And that is list by Track Title and not name. This means that if your id3 tags are set in such a way(and the mass majority are), the moment you reach an artist or album folder. All the internal songs will have their track numbers. So the first track will still be first, but will now have the number 1 next to it. This doesn’t sound like a problem right? It isn’t until you have multiple albums under the same artist in the ‘Categories’ folder. Now you see the problem? You will now have alternations of albums. If you have two albums under the same artist, you will have two track number ones at the top(the first tracks of the two numbers) and then they go down alternating the same way. This of course is great for Asian songs that don’t use romanticization. But not for you if you are reading my review(which is in English if you haven’t realized it yet). (The solution to organizing Artist categories section by Album has been posted by me. Click this hyperlink)This also makes the Play All category impossible to use. Imagine the first song from every single one of the albums you have on your X3 being the first thing you see, followed by all the number two’s and so on. I would prefer an alphabetical play all, but thinking back on it, this wouldn’t help either as there is no scrolling, finding a song out of thousands by constantly scrolling would be extremely irritating. As of right now, the play all function is practically useless.

Quote:

I read it here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/the-fiio-x3-thread/6225#post_9959202
Includes measurements as well for different file types.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/the-fiio-x3-thread/6225#post_9959524

Very worrying statement right there. 

Anyway

This seems to be the worrying one. I am going to reach out to James for a statemnt. I can't measure this myself so I can't personally say if I get the same thing. But real electrical engineers usually can offer counter points to why audiophile graphs like such or such are incorrect etc etc. I don't know of course. 

But the statement made about how bad it sounds is very
ಠ_ಠ​

Nov 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #95,623 of 177,750

I read it here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/the-fiio-x3-thread/6225#post_9959202

It seems James answered the question with input from other users as well
http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/the-fiio-x3-thread/6525#post_9999006

TLDR; is that the measurements taken were very amateurish (even the OP agreed) with some slight info given by James and other users on inaudibility of it and a focus on lossless formats.

Nov 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #95,624 of 177,750

It seems James answered the question with input from other users as well
http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/the-fiio-x3-thread/6525#post_9999006

TLDR; is that the measurements taken were very amateurish (even the OP agreed) with some slight info given by James and other users on inaudibility of it and a focus on lossless formats.

Assassin's Creed 3 captain: "Ha! Amateur!"

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #95,625 of 177,750
James' reaction to miceblue's (still incomplete!) FiiO cables review: "awesome! I didn't even know one could write so much about just a cable!"
:p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back