「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 8, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #147,916 of 177,744
They don't really look all that confusing to me.

The idiot with the Porsche or whatever did this intentionally. Really childish.

How exactly is that a problem? Are pedastrian zones another thing that has only recently arrived in the US?
They don't look confusing to you, but you haven't been there in-person when there's lots of other things going on around you. They're pretty confusing in-person. Signs for parking spots at certain times of the day on the left + parking zones at certain times on the right + one-way streets + bus only signs + right turn only signs + regular crosswalk/traffic lights + bike lane signs + bike lane lights + bus only signs at certain times of the day. It's a confusing clusterfuk of information. I avoid going in that area if at all possible.

Pedestrian zones? Yeah they're a brand new concept in the area. Basically they're taking away a car lane to make it a place for people to walk. Because walking on the street next to cars and bikes definitely makes me feel safer as a pedestrian compared to a sidewalk.

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #147,919 of 177,744
They don't look confusing to you, but you haven't been there in-person when there's lots of other things going on around you. They're pretty confusing in-person. Signs for parking spots at certain times of the day on the left + parking zones at certain times on the right + one-way streets + bus only signs + right turn only signs + regular crosswalk/traffic lights + bike lane signs + bike lane lights + bus only signs at certain times of the day. It's a confusing clusterfuk of information. I avoid going in that area if at all possible.

Pedestrian zones? Yeah they're a brand new concept in the area. Basically they're taking away a car lane to make it a place for people to walk. Because walking on the street next to cars and bikes definitely makes me feel safer as a pedestrian compared to a sidewalk.

Well, doesn't that show that life would be way easier if more people would just ride a bike or use public transportation? Would make a lot of these signs superfluous and lead to less traffic accidents. It's also good for the enviroment, but I guess the US is already over this hippie stuff.

Oh no! Less traffic! Bad for everyone.

Mar 8, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #147,920 of 177,744
Well, doesn't that show that life would be way easier if more people would just ride a bike or use public transportation? Would make a lot of these signs superfluous and lead to less traffic accidents. It's also good for the enviroment, but I guess the US is already over this hippie stuff.

Oh no! Less traffic! Bad for everyone.

Yes but tell that to a city of ~650,000 ± however many commute to/from Seattle to work in/out and not everyone will agree. lol

I for one would prefer driving to get to a destination faster since the public transit can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour of extra commute time, which not everyone can afford. That and bus fares recently just went up, so that's even more of a deterrence for some people.

Even with these bike lanes, I only see like 3-5 people on it whenever I do go in the area.

Mar 8, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #147,921 of 177,744
Yeah, updating VLC seems to work. MPlayerX is a goner.

I thought I had the latest version of VLC, but it looks like their updater is a lying piece of junk.

Yup, I only knew to update thanks to a blog post. Hopefully the auto updater notifies us when 3.0 launches. Can't wait for native Chromecast support.

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #147,923 of 177,744
Ok mice, you might like this.
http://sevensongs.ocremix.org/

MP3 download link:
http://ocr.blueblue.fr/files/music/albums/sevensongs/7th_Saga_-_Seven_Songs_for_Seventh_Saga_%28MP3_+_Art%29.zip

Aww Zeus why do I only have EarPods.... :frowning2:

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #147,924 of 177,744
Ok mice, you might like this.
http://sevensongs.ocremix.org/

MP3 download link:
http://ocr.blueblue.fr/files/music/albums/sevensongs/7th_Saga_-_Seven_Songs_for_Seventh_Saga_%28MP3_+_Art%29.zip

Aww Zeus why do I only have EarPods.... :frowning2:

Wow, that's some really great music! Thanks for pointing me out to Sebastian. Now to find more music by him. : D
This reminds me of Braid's soundtrack a bit. Very nice stuff.

[rule]Yay Walking Dead time!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9aM9Ch97U8[/video]

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #147,926 of 177,744
  Finally about to watch Shawhank Redemption

Never seen it, no nothing about it. Hope I like it

No spoilers plz. 

... How? How does one not ever see Shawshank?

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #147,928 of 177,744
It, along with Jurassic Park and Home Alone, is one of the most heavily syndicated films of all time. I mean... even if you don't actively go out of your way to see it, it's on like 90 times a year on network TV lol. 

That aside, it's a true classic, and one of the best films that the medium has to offer. 

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #147,929 of 177,744

... How? How does one not ever see Shawshank

Right? That's like one of the most famous movies ever made.

Not only have I not seen it. I actually had no idea what it was about. 

It, along with Jurassic Park and Home Alone, is one of the most heavily syndicated films of all time. I mean... even if you don't actively go out of your way to see it, it's on like 90 times a year on network TV lol. 

That aside, it's a true classic, and one of the best films that the medium has to offer. 

I've seen Jurassic Park but don't remember it. I've seen Home Alone of course and do remember it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back