「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 8, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #147,873 of 177,744
  And here I am watching Shirobako.

And I'm writing a stupid job application. Okay, I'm trying to write one. Takes forever (as always).
I think I'll just go outside for a while and read some pages in my book :|

Mar 8, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #147,875 of 177,744
Took a listen to the AKG k550 just now

It's wonderful OMG... Very nice, natural sound, surprisingly spacious for a closed back, and some brighter tracks like "No brand girls" from love live, it actually sounds brilliant without being sibilant or harsh. Electro House tracks sounds great in these, bass has enough impact without being excessive. Design is exceptionally beautiful too. Only gripe would be clamping force isn't as tight as I liked.

I would really want one if I can get it at a great price.

[rule]

A week back I tried the JVC-FXT203. Pretty interesting, cause it really blows me away when it comes to EDM. That imaging is really good and really gives an amazing atmosphere to dance music, coupled with nice impactful bass and great, yet not harsh and sibilant highs. However moving into vocals, it doesn't impress me so much as it feels a little nasal and hollow to me.

Mar 8, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #147,876 of 177,744
OMG this was beautiful.

The art, the sound, the story. For how short of an experience it was, it's content was sufficient and efficient enough at engaging my deep feels.

10/10 would recommend!

Juniper's Knot by Dischan Media Inc.
https://appsto.re/us/fEEdF.i

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #147,877 of 177,744
OMG this was beautiful.

The art, the sound, the story. For how short of an experience it was, it's content was sufficient and efficient enough at engaging my deep feels.

10/10 would recommend!

Juniper's Knot by Dischan Media Inc.
https://appsto.re/us/fEEdF.i

And here is the link to the free PC version: https://dischan.co/product.php?productID=4

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #147,878 of 177,744

It's wonderful OMG... Very nice, natural sound, surprisingly spacious for a closed back, and some brighter tracks like "No brand girls" from love live, it actually sounds brilliant without being sibilant or harsh. Electro House tracks sounds great in these, bass has enough impact without being excessive. Design is exceptionally beautiful too. Only gripe would be clamping force isn't as tight as I liked.

A week back I tried the JVC-FXT203. Pretty interesting, cause it really blows me away when it comes to EDM. That imaging is really good and really gives an amazing atmosphere to dance music, coupled with nice impactful bass and great, yet not harsh and sibilant highs. However moving into vocals, it doesn't impress me so much as it feels a little nasal and hollow to me.

Nice choice, that is 1/3 LL songs i like, more preferred to this is snow halation and another one i can't remember

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #147,879 of 177,744

[rule]

I guess K550 is that kind of headphone that either you like it or not. I have always found many of the newer mid range AKG have a meh midrange.

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #147,880 of 177,744
My mom wanted to try the Shamrock Shake at McDonald's because she likes minty stuff. I don't even.......

Hey, their shakes are... Okay! They're not great but they're drinkable. Just hugely unhealthy.
[rule]Oh hey I know Tangy and TYG like bikes, you guys have any suggestions for bikes? Not sure how many brands widely available in the EU/UK are available here in the US but these are two of the bikes I'm considering:
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1147168_-1_400319__400319
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1164055_-1___000000
The salesman said the Fuji road bike will be better for climbing up hills (which would be nice since my entire 5 minute commute will be up a hill) but the Diamondback has disc breaks which might be nice for trying to stop in the rain and stop for jerk drivers that cut me off.
Considering I'm so tall, used ones in my size are pretty few and far between. Plus I figure if I buy it new I won't have to deal with having to replace parts nearly as soon on them. Plus these people have a store in the city I'll be living in so I don't have to go drive an hour to pick up a used bike. :/

Don't ever bother with cable disks, either hydraulic or get something else. Get the roadie, if you stay on the road those brakes won't fail you if you maintain it properly.

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #147,881 of 177,744
7 am already, daylight savings time messing with me already so much. Haven't been awake this early in a while. Got some kancolle artbooks stuff yesterday then proceed to marathon the last few episodes of yuri kuma and rolling girls that my friends haven't seen.

Basically rewatching a bunch I have already watched but there are worse anime things to rewatching with friends. Bed now but probably going to book flights to sakura con then go marathon saekano or koufuku graffiti after everyone wakes up.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 8, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #147,883 of 177,744

Nice choice, that is 1/3 LL songs i like, more preferred to this is snow halation and another one i can't remember

Actually "no brand girls" isn't a particularly nice song for me, it is rendered a little too bright and with really bright earphones it is not exactly very listenable... The earphones I really like (BA200, HD600, k550 and PM-1) render this song real well though

If I were to choose, I really like Wonderful Rush and Ai shi teru Banzai a lot, though in general there are quite a lot of good songs
I guess K550 is that kind of headphone that either you like it or not. I have always found many of the newer mid range AKG have a meh midrange.

Yeah it can be a little thin to some, but for me I think it is really just nice, kinda like the BA200 to me. Also, that design, just about the most understated, elegant design I have seen so far...

So much I drew a picture (I think it is the k551 in this picture, but doesn't really matter) to show how much I like the design

Just installed a wireless extender in my house cause the wifi can't reach my parent's bedroom

And it is wonderous

Now I don't need to be in the living room just to use wifi

Cross Ange 22

So Fukuda pulled a Gundam Seed and turned Tusk into Kira "Jesus" Yamato by bringing him back the next episode almost unharmed

And they brought back Momoka too, with a frying pan (how did she squeeze that frying pan into her uniform)

An alliance with DRAGON, as expected. And yea, the kinda obvious explanation that Norma fights DRAGONs cause they are immune to them (shown in the episode where Emma Bronson grew crazy when seeing a DRAGON)

So the response of the 3 defected pilots: Salia desires power, Ersha sees the light (a little late) and defects back rather epicly (probably fighting together the next episode), Chris is still unrepentant lol

And oooo those scenes, I think people would really want the BD eheheh

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #147,884 of 177,744

Actually "no brand girls" isn't a particularly nice song for me, it is rendered a little too bright and with really bright earphones it is not exactly very listenable... The earphones I really like (BA200, HD600, k550 and PM-1) render this song real well though

If I were to choose, I really like Wonderful Rush and Ai shi teru Banzai a lot, though in general there are quite a lot of good songs
Yeah it can be a little thin to some, but for me I think it is really just nice, kinda like the BA200 to me. Also, that design, just about the most understated, elegant design I have seen so far...

So much I drew a picture (I think it is the k551 in this picture, but doesn't really matter) to show how much I like the design

Just installed a wireless extender in my house cause the wifi can't reach my parent's bedroom

And it is wonderous

Cross Ange 22

So Fukuda pulled a Gundam Seed and turned Tusk into Kira "Jesus" Yamato by bringing him back the next episode almost unharmed

And they brought back Momoka too, with a frying pan (how did she squeeze that frying pan into her uniform)

An alliance with DRAGON, as expected. And yea, the kinda obvious explanation that Norma fights DRAGONs cause they are immune to them (shown in the episode where Emma Bronson grew crazy when seeing a DRAGON)

So the response of the 3 defected pilots: Salia desires power, Ersha sees the light (a little late) and defects back (probably fighting together the next episode), Chris is still unrepentant lol

And oooo those scenes, I think people would really want the BD eheheh

If the extender doesn't work out you could try with a powerline adapter. Works almost as good as cables.

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #147,885 of 177,744
  Ohh nice! There's a lounge for this on Head-Fi! Sweet!

Hullo.

Just installed a wireless extender in my house cause the wifi can't reach my parent's bedroom And it is wonderous

Great feeling, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back