「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 7, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #147,856 of 177,744
  Now that schiit is going down. I would so like one. But there is only one problem

I hate the 'good' MCs. Asseylum and Inaho are honestly the weakest characters of the show. 

Inaho has had 0 character development and does the exact same ********** thing every single time. Oh wait, plot time. His eye hurts now hinting at death flag......no. Stop. Aldnoah Zero has pretty much even pissed off Urobutcher when it went with its judgment of cheap thrills. They've already made deaths as cheap as Inaho man-handling every situation. 

The princess on the other hand, also has 0 development. Ok. She likes peace and Earth. Tell me about it, show why. Nope, besides dem purty purty birds and peace and flirting with an enemey solder while tens of thousands of her own soldiers die under her name. Never says anything about it, never feels even a pain for it, just goes about doing stuff. 

Today's episode with Asseylum pissed me off the most. "I alleysum vers allusia blah blah order you to cease hostilities Slaine"

This comment is good on that 
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2y97en/spoilers_aldnoahzero_2nd_season_episode_9/cp7ixx9

But essentially, despite the series trying to protray her as a down to Earth type of girl. It has inconsistently shown that she will still use her hereditary and monarchial entitlement as a higher being when needed. She, like the person she fell in love with, is idealistic and just goes by the moment without a care for anything else. The entitlement and hereditary thing isn't that big of a deal as it still kinda fits that she would use it to help out whenever possible. But that was one part of the show where they could have added much death towards why she is striving towards her goals. But nope.

All of Inaho's friends and sister.. God dayum the fricking double standards. Oh , all my friends in the other square are killed. Coolio. But Inaho kun!!! stapphhhhh staphhhhh. Pisses me off to no end. They are barely able to pilot those machines and yet are still alive and clicking. 
This might be a good anime to watch.

This video and Shirobako kinda alludes to how production companies way way up above generally call shots to increase profits. 

Urobutcher, the man who originally crafted the premise and all that, has already publically called out Aldnoah Zero for it's asspullery.

As much as how things have gotten so very interesting. I have no interest in it.

They've been digging themselves into multiple holes of intense situations that just resolve themselves naturally or just de-tense after cheap thrills. 

The best character in the entire show is Slaine. He exhibts humanity, emotion, internal struggle, despair, resolution, and determination of all the other souless characters combined and then some. 

Seeing the ways things are going 
He most likely wont be the winner. And the slapstick 0 development couple of awesomeness having not even romantic development past semi-flirting will meet up at the end and somehow guide the world to peace
Sorry I'm salty about this.

I just love Slaine and the darker parts of the series so much more. 

Yeah. He seems like he'll be taking the short end of the stick. Quite unfortunate.

Newest Rolling Girls episode was interesting. Not as flashy as the previous ones. Maybe we're getting to something dark now?

Mar 7, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #147,857 of 177,744
  Yeah. He seems like he'll be taking the short end of the stick. Quite unfortunate.

Newest Rolling Girls episode was interesting. Not as flashy as the previous ones. Maybe we're getting to something dark now?

I want to throat punch the baka couple with 0 development with each episode. I hate them so much as they are pretty much killing what I love about the show...but honestly doing nothing. Nothing at all ever. 

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #147,859 of 177,744
  How about I want to throat punch the idiot who decided to hire Urobutcher for only his name.

You mean genius. It worked didin't it?

Like the video noted. It made money. It gave it massive overseas publicity. And despite Urobutcher ranting about how dissapointed he was in it, it still has his name on it and most people will forget the Butchers comments in favor of just knowing he was a part of it.

You know what other series had the same thing happen with using his name and not delivering? ....Gargantia yep

I'm super salty

Doing a possible rewatch of Yahari Ore right now. Just saw the first episode again. Dayum, has it been 2 years already? Time flies

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #147,864 of 177,744
Bah, why does MplayerX have so much latency between audio and video? D:
There's like a 2-second delay later in an episode of anime, and VLC crashes when it tries to play .mkv files.

Jojo was excellent today though. I didn't expect that.

Reset it?

Faster computer?

Uninstall and reinstall VLC?

I think Yahari Ore just pulled a Toradora for me

Wheras I loved Toradora when it streamed. I didn't fully realize just how much I liked it until I marathoned it all in one go

Toradora was one of those few shows where watching it in a short time span was so much better than the weekly things it did. An example of a show that actually is better weekly and not full marathoned would be Oreimo. 

This is my first time rewatching Yahari Ore and now I feel the same. The heart strings, sensual tenderness of their interactions just is done so well in my opinion. I wasn't that hyped for S2 as I forgot most of the 'feeling' of the original show. But now its back and I'm super hyped.

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #147,865 of 177,744
  Yahari Ore ep 3

Saika....just too....gosh

But.....he's a guy

Edit:
Ep 5

My heart just cracked

Again

good anime at least you wont a lot till season II unlike me :p 

and man Saika the dude with silver hair? Saika x dead fish eyes (forgot his name) is too funny XD  since its like the hope for him, he lost his hope on girls and he trust saika!! loool! just look how does he look at him , and dude!! don't forget the OVA~!!! :D 
don't worry not from EP04 and up spoiler >=P

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #147,866 of 177,744
  good anime at least you wont a lot till season II unlike me :p 

and man Saika the dude with silver hair? Saika x dead fish eyes (forgot his name) is too funny XD  since its like the hope for him, he lost his hope on girls and he trust saika!! loool! just look how does he look at him , and dude!! don't forget the OVA~!!! :D 
don't worry not from EP04 and up spoiler >=P

I've seen the series already man. No worries about spoiling anything

Forgot to watch the OVA last year. I'll watch it after I finish the series this time around

My reawtch of Oregaru has been fairly excellent so far. Loving the tense socio-emotional aspects of the show. Much better marathoning this than to weekly watch it.

I'm watching the anime while I play video games so its all good. I've recently attained a new type of slow firing tank that fires once every 40 seconds. Requires one click before I'm back to waiting another 40s doing nothing. I'm watching anime while this is all happening. Great stuff. I get to grind that tank in the game AND watch some good anime. A man's best dream right?

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #147,869 of 177,744
  Looks like I've been kinda immortalized :-D
https://twitter.com/The_Raydio/status/574250341325086720

Well, it did bring back some positivity after all of the bad things I've heard today..

Stolen Joshiraku art D:
Are all characters in this game tsundere? Yoiu know, because GAF?

My mom wanted to try the Shamrock Shake at McDonald's because she likes minty stuff. I don't even.......

Does not look artificial at all.

Oh hey I know Tangy and TYG like bikes, you guys have any suggestions for bikes? Not sure how many brands widely available in the EU/UK are available here in the US but these are two of the bikes I'm considering: http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1147168_-1_400319__400319
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1164055_-1___000000
The salesman said the Fuji road bike will be better for climbing up hills (which would be nice since my entire 5 minute commute will be up a hill) but the Diamondback has disc breaks which might be nice for trying to stop in the rain and stop for jerk drivers that cut me off.
Considering I'm so tall, used ones in my size are pretty few and far between. Plus I figure if I buy it new I won't have to deal with having to replace parts nearly as soon on them. Plus these people have a store in the city I'll be living in so I don't have to go drive an hour to pick up a used bike. :/

Hmmmm not a big fan of derailleur gears. Need too much maintenance. Far more than everything else on these two bikes. Disc brakes are also kind of overrated, if you ask me. Nice to have but not that much better.

+100

My heart just cracked
Again

Dude.

This is my first time rewatching Yahari Ore and now I feel the same. The heart strings, sensual tenderness of their interactions just is done so well in my opinion. I wasn't that hyped for S2 as I forgot most of the 'feeling' of the original show. But now its back and I'm super hyped.

Duuuude.

I think Bowei is in heat.
Yahari ore is like 70% comedy and maybe 30% romance.
No clue what is pulling your heartstrings here.

Shinji is literally the most annoying character I've ever watched (Fate/stay night)

The entire cast is really meh.

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #147,870 of 177,744
Clear sky and 15°C outside?
Brace yourselves, the tourists are coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back