「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 29, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #138,046 of 177,750
Splashy-sounding treble doesn't sound too appetizing.... I'm also more towards warmer phones, while better bass, texture and weight sounds nice, it wouldn't want another phone like my H-200, which was a little sharp unless I used Comply foams, which is of course not an option when using a CIEM. Guess the Music One is another CIEM I'll have to add to my list.

Not sure about the squishy Silicon but if the sound is good, it could be a good entry level start.

Nov 29, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #138,047 of 177,750
It's a definite improvement. The show has a pretty muted color palette so there's not much room to improve there, but the lines are quite a bit sharper. I'll take a comparison screen shot when I get home. I don't think s1 had much of a budget, Tadaima's (s4) BD are much more vibrant. As far as I can tell s2 and s3 only ever had DVD releases
frown.gif

I take that back: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00CPC0GSC/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1/375-2701395-3221462?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_r=0AMW1GNJ3M4T7BRAEA4Y&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=187205609&pf_rd_i=B009YLSYWM

hmmm.

"Price For All Four: ¥ 49,955 " ... HHMMMMMMMM.

Ouch I shouldn't have seen this...

Dat CustomArt

That logo reminds me of Audio Technica's, maybe partly due to reason below

Just backed from the Audio Technica event:

crk10 was actually not bad, warmer sound than crk9ltd, which was kind of shouty treble or too sharp to me.

The new w1000z was pretty comfortable to wear, better than w3000anv. Hard to comment sound wise as I only listened with them through ha5050 as dac+amp playing music files from my zx1, which ended up too much gain for my use.

Someone brought FAD LAB I, and dammm I like it, even using my poor man zx1...

Nov 29, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #138,048 of 177,750
Not sure about the squishy Silicon but if the sound is good, it could be a good entry level start.

I really liked the silicone shell of my CA's, much more comfy than acrylic ones.
(and you can use it as a superball when you're bored :p )

Nov 29, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #138,049 of 177,750
kn19h7 Did you try the MSR7 or ESW9LTD? Any impressions on how those sound?

Yeah, the Lab 1 has been getting a lot of love from the Final Audio thread for awhile now. Would be hard to find here though, considering I sent the only 2 pairs in Jaben.my across the Pacific. XD

@Borisu don't think I'd use a $230 pair of ciem's as a superball. :p

Nov 29, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #138,050 of 177,750
@kn19h7 Did you try the MSR7 or ESW9LTD? Any impressions on how those sound?

Yeah, the Lab 1 has been getting a lot of love from the Final Audio thread for awhile now. Would be hard to find here though, considering I sent the only 2 pairs in Jaben.my across the Pacific. XD

@Borisu don't think I'd use a $230 pair of ciem's as a superball.
tongue.gif

Tried msr7 with zx1 and ha22tube, hmm might be something to consider if you find Sony or Senn offerings at that price range are too bassy... Personally I didn't like it much, closed and dry sounding, things like piano sounded quite off to me.
Btw even though it looks pretty alike to Sony 1R, its actually quite a bit heavier and has quite strong clamp force. Perhaps due to the metal parts.
Also, I could hear a noise floor when using it with ha22tube, tolerable level though.
If you just want a fullsize for home use, I'd say buy k7xx naww oh ya, you just bought hd598

esw9ltd hmmm, too painful to listen for long lol, and actually I not sure how to wear it correctly =_=

Well, I haven't even started to care about iems by the time Lab1 came out :/

Nov 29, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #138,051 of 177,750
  I love EDM too actually, but the lack of individuality is depressing

One big reason why I just can't bring myself to like this genre.

Oh man......@bowei006, you should ask Audio360 if they can review some of CustomArt's products. I like the Music One and Two more than any of Noble's products so far. My jaw is on the floor right now because they've at least managed to get the sound signature that I like (balanced), while having great timbre.

Music One = one balanced armature, Music Two = two. I'm simply just taken back by the overall sound of them both.

The Music One is just $235 USD!

€189 here in Europe (without stupid custom taxes n schiit!).
Very intriguing. Might get one of these if my SM64 decide to break.

Nov 29, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #138,052 of 177,750

Tried msr7 with zx1 and ha22tube, hmm might be something to consider if you find Sony or Senn offerings at that price range are too bassy... Personally I didn't like it much, closed and dry sounding, things like piano sounded quite off to me.
Btw even though it looks pretty alike to Sony 1R, its actually quite a bit heavier and has quite strong clamp force. Perhaps due to the metal parts.
Also, I could hear a noise floor when using it with ha22tube, tolerable level though.
If you just want a fullsize for home use, I'd say buy k7xx naww oh ya, you just bought hd598

esw9ltd hmmm, too painful to listen for long lol, and actually I not sure how to wear it correctly =_=

Well, I haven't even started to care about iems by the time Lab1 came out :/

The HD598 is more of a side purchase. I've been told the MSR7 is a little colder than the CKR9/10 but that's about it. Haven't seen someone mention it. I'll have to hear them for myself if I can find a place that has them for audition.

The LAB1 didn't really take off during launch, it just got popular with the FAD fans 2 months or so back when someone recommended it to them.... I think Idsynchrono was one of the first the thread to start the hype.

Nov 29, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #138,053 of 177,750
Oh man......bowei006, you should ask Audio360 if they can review some of CustomArt's products. I like the Music One and Two more than any of Noble's products so far. My jaw is on the floor right now because they've at least managed to get the sound signature that I like (balanced), while having great timbre.

Music One = one balanced armature, Music Two = two. I'm simply just taken back by the overall sound of them both.

The Music One is just $235 USD!
I'll drop a line. But I must first clear my own plate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back