「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 18, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #134,116 of 177,744

That's what I wanna know. I'm almost tempted to contact them asking if the listing is in error, but I don't wanna spoil the moment :l I mean... I'm thinking these prices are at cost or something. How do they turn a profit?

I can probably buy all three, but I don't really see the point. The Z7 is really tempting but I'm a portable listener first and foremost. I guess the great thing is that it'd be super easy to resell on the FS and not take a hit... Curious how the Z7 would get along with the GO 450, so... I'm kinda in the same boat as Exesteills

The cheaper it is, the more people buy it, and potential reviewers like us can then spread the word. Increase demand and then prices rank up again.

At least that's how I see it. I wanted audio technica to do something like this, but they're too much of a stick in the mud for that. SONY RULES! Or at least NCIX does.

And don't contact them till we successfully purchase one. It's for the good of audiophile kind, and for the future of NCIX's sony stock. :D
I am fine with my current DAC/Amp portable, not going to think about getting a PHA3.

Aww, I thought you'd go for the combo! :p

What is your current DAC/Amp portable? If you don't mind me asking..

It's on my signature, it's a customized Just Audio uHA-120Ds.

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #134,117 of 177,744
The news that kept popping up that there is a headphone above the Z7 that is coming out soon doesn't help me getting my money out for the Z7 themselves.

The sad fact is, I should be more than happy with my current headphone lineup. Which I am, but curiosity...

....killed the neko's wallet.

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #134,118 of 177,744
OH SHIIT!

[video]http://youtu.be/opVgMDtBecA?t=1m43s[/video]

The Direct Wave Receiver is bloody brilliant! Holy mackerel.

That is too frickin cool. I can't believe I didn't even think about how it made sound to your ear when I saw it lol.

I like the phone and the chance they're taking.

Also, I really like that guy as a reviewer. His delivery and professionalism is on point.

.... Pacific Rim is just mindless fun for me. I left my brain at the door and just enjoyed watching giant robots punching monsters.

I got this on bluray when it was on sale for $8. Have yet to open it.

Shigatsu ws Kimi no Uso ep2: Wow. Dat violin, that animation, pure fabulous. Probably my most favorite of the season :>

Going to include the OP ED in my next batch of amazonjp order too.

This show is on my list for checking out. Glad to see it's shaping up to be worth it.

Probably, but I don't trust Google with my info. XD
iCloud worked out in the end, I just need to press the refresh button in the Contacts app in the top-left corner after signing in to iCloud.
And no I don't store nude selfies with iCloud, never will.
Lol that marketing
Or you know, the ultra-wide bandwidth can destroy the sound quality
http://www.extra.research.philips.com/hera/people/aarts/RMA_papers/aar07pu4.pdf
^ poorly worded paper but:

Dropbox?

I don't trust google with my info either. Not that they don't already have enough on me.

Awesome. Look forward to hearing back from you. Maybe a general inquiry to NCIX CAD is in order just to see whether these prices aren't in error so we aren't wasting anyone's time. After that, I guess it'd be prudent to ask them when they expect stock to come in (I believe Z5 is slated to go live on Oct. 20th in Japan/Asia and the Z7 has made it to US shores per Amazon). If everything checks out, I'm probably gonna go in for... hell, both the Z7 and Z5. They'll be easy to resell at those prices so I should lose nothing lol

Dude, rule no. 1: do not call the store.

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #134,119 of 177,744
Well if you guys need me to help with exporting I can try. Not sure how much the import duties will cost on your end though (and Malaysia is usually pretty slow to reach unless with more expensive shipping options).

However, it's currently back ordered so no idea when it will be actually available/when it will ship.

Just make sure to tag my name or quote/pm as otherwise I won't get notifications.

Will do. Yeah, shipping is a nightmare here and tends to end up 5-10 days late.

What is with them prices.... If this continues, I MIGHT get a Z7 at this rate! ;_;

Do it! There's also some in the thread saying it works best with the PHA-3, like they were built for each other.

I can probably buy all three, but I don't really see the point. The Z7 is really tempting but I'm a portable listener first and foremost. I guess the great thing is that it'd be super easy to resell on the FS and not take a hit... Curious how the Z7 would get along with the GO 450, so... I'm kinda in the same boat as Exesteills

Yes. That! If you do get them, do lemme know how that turns out. I'm not going to buy the PHA-3 and the only thing I'm interested in is the Z7 itself. No point for me to get it if it doesn't play nice with my current stuff.

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #134,120 of 177,744
Hello, this is my 1st post at this thread. But sometimes I always lurking to this thread 
ph34r.gif

No time to watching anime. Bit shocked when see Sora no Method ED. AKG did it again with K545 (I'm sure someone post the pict. I don't want to check post 2 weeks ago, too lazy
tongue.gif
)

What do you think with newest limited edition of ATH IEM/headphone? CKR9LTD or RHA T10. Very confused 
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #134,121 of 177,744
I like that CKR9 a lot, but CKR10 have a more acceptable sound signature with most people. Never heard the RHA T10 yet, not widely available anywhere to demo yet?

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #134,122 of 177,744
What is with them prices.... If this continues, I MIGHT get a Z7 at this rate! ;_;

Do it! There's also some in the thread saying it works best with the PHA-3, like they were built for each other.

The problem is, I can't seems to get along with new headphones. Well maybe other than K812, 009 and the SRH1540 but I disliked everything else I have heard. Might pick one up used when the FOTM hype wears off.

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #134,123 of 177,744
Hello, this is my 1st post at this thread. But sometimes I always lurking to this thread :ph34r:
No time to watching anime. Bit shocked when see Sora no Method ED. AKG did it again with K545 (I'm sure someone post the pict. I don't want to check post 2 weeks ago, too lazy:p )

What do you think with newest limited edition of ATH IEM/headphone? CKR9LTD or RHA T10. Very confused :confused_face_2:

I'd get the CKR9LTD only if you really like the color, seeing as the originals can be had for half the price. The T10s are still pretty new so I don't know much about it yet

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #134,124 of 177,744
  Hello, this is my 1st post at this thread. But sometimes I always lurking to this thread 
ph34r.gif

No time to watching anime. Bit shocked when see Sora no Method ED. AKG did it again with K545 (I'm sure someone post the pict. I don't want to check post 2 weeks ago, too lazy
tongue.gif
)

What do you think with newest limited edition of ATH IEM/headphone? CKR9LTD or RHA T10. Very confused 
confused_face_2.gif

Move along lil doggie. We're not taking in any more applicants. 

I hear the RHA T10i is like whatever from Shotgunshane. 

The problem is, I can't seems to get along with new headphones. Well maybe other than K812, 009 and the SRH1540 but I disliked everything else I have heard. Might pick one up used when the FOTM hype wears off.

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing a lot of Z7s on the FS due to disillusioned owners hopping on the hype train. The impressions for that thing are all over the place. The overriding sentiment I seem to be getting, is that it's a nice can for the price range and nothing more. Which makes it all the more rough for Sony since they've priced themselves into this sort of "no-man's land" (at least in the US at $600) where a couple hundred more will land you in the TOTL bracket. 

The more I think about it, the more I'd probably rather spring for the Oppo PM2/3 or just wait it out for a rival flagship

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #134,125 of 177,744

Hello, this is my 1st post at this thread. But sometimes I always lurking to this thread :ph34r:
No time to watching anime. Bit shocked when see Sora no Method ED. AKG did it again with K545 (I'm sure someone post the pict. I don't want to check post 2 weeks ago, too lazy:p )

What do you think with newest limited edition of ATH IEM/headphone? CKR9LTD or RHA T10. Very confused :confused_face_2:

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing a lot of Z7s on the FS due to disillusioned owners hopping on the hype train. The impressions for that thing are all over the place. The overriding sentiment I seem to be getting, is that it's a nice can for the price range and nothing more. Which makes it all the more rough for Sony since they've priced themselves into this sort of "no-man's land" (at least in the US at $600) where a couple hundred more will land you in the TOTL bracket. 

The more I think about it, the more I'd probably rather spring for the Oppo PM2/3 or just wait it out for a rival flagship

But... the Oppo are boring. They literally put me to sleep. The PM1, it sounds rather slow and mellow even when the music calls for something else. YMMV of course.

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #134,126 of 177,744
But... the Oppo are boring. They literally put me to sleep. The PM1, it sounds rather slow and mellow even when the music calls for something else. YMMV of course.

The 3 will be closed cans so that might be different

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #134,127 of 177,744

The 3 will be closed cans so that might be different

Maybe the difference would be like LCD-X vs LCD-XC which is more than welcomed if that is the case. I didn't like the LCD-X but prefer then LCD-XC if you are wondering.

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #134,128 of 177,744

I like that CKR9 a lot, but CKR10 have a more acceptable sound signature with most people. Never heard the RHA T10 yet, not widely available anywhere to demo yet?

Do you hear it by using stock tips or JVC spiral dot tips?
I'd get the CKR9LTD only if you really like the color, seeing as the originals can be had for half the price. The T10s are still pretty new so I don't know much about it yet

I hope my friend go to Japan after CKR9LTD is released 
biggrin.gif

nope 
tongue.gif

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #134,129 of 177,744
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/586040/official-asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge/134145#post_10972280 layout=inline]Quote:[/CONTENTEMBED]

Do you hear it by using stock tips or JVC spiral dot tips?

I hope my friend go to Japan after CKR9LTD is released :D

nope :p

Stock tips.

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #134,130 of 177,744
http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-11185441-1-1.html

Is that a flat cable on the Z5? 

Boothisman.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back