「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 18, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #134,087 of 177,744
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/pic-of-the-day/2014-10-15
bNLMd8a.jpg

Oh Japan....we all know it's Master Pusy and Crazy Dick. XD

[rule]
Also, gonna try this out and about tomorrow. I wonder how the CCK is going to fare.

Oct 18, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #134,090 of 177,744
This makes no sense to me whatsoever:
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12520
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5262

Heh, Apple software.

Apple Camera Connection Kit. It's basically the only way to get 16+/48+ music to play natively since iOS seems to limit audio to 16/48 I believe.

OPPO is going to try and see if they can bypass this limitation without using the CCK since it has been done before.

Does that apply to iOS devices equipped with a Lightning connector?

Oct 18, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #134,091 of 177,744
<3 Wonder it they will include that violin piece in the OST. That was amazing, the lighting, the fluid movements. Shoo Guuud

I liked the OP too

Yuuuuuuup
Oh yeaaaa need to keep an eye on OST as well..

Actually I didn't like Goose House's songs in Silver Spoon much, but the OP is super good this time :>

Oct 18, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #134,092 of 177,744
There wouldn't happen to be any trustworthy Canadians here would there? Cause this deal is butt ******* insane and I want in:

www.ncix.com/detail/sony-xbaz5-ultimate-hi-res-in-25-102828-1707.html

Oct 18, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #134,093 of 177,744
There wouldn't happen to be any trustworthy Canadians here would there? Cause this deal is butt ******* insane and I want in:

www.ncix.com/detail/sony-xbaz5-ultimate-hi-res-in-25-102828-1707.html

Can't even load the page myself. What is it about? Free Z5 on getting a 24bit album? xD

Oct 18, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #134,094 of 177,744
Whoops I just realized I copied the URL incorrectly:

www.ncix.com/detail/sony-xbaz5-ultimate-hi-res-in-25-102828-1707.htm

New Sony flagship IEMs for $490 CAD. Works out to be about $430 USD

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #134,095 of 177,744
Does that apply to iOS devices equipped with a Lightning connector?

Yup I believe so. I can try it with a friend's iPhone 5 later today if allowed. The Onkyo app you see in that photo tells you the sampling rate of the output. I just did a quick test with the 30-pin to USB-A cable that came with the HA-2 and the sampling rates were either just PCM (implying 44.1 kHz) or 48 kHz PCM depending on what the original sampling rate was (sampling rates of multiples of 48 kHz say 48 kHz whereas sampling rates of multiples of 44.1 kHz just say PCM).

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #134,096 of 177,744
When it comes to smartphone screen replacement, there are two types of people:

1. It's still cheaper than buying a new phone!
2. Might as well buy a new phone!

In other news, the iPad Air 2's screen will be very expensive to repair, because of its fully laminated display.

Why not just buy a new phone and then replace the screen on the old one and sell it for monies? XD

This makes no sense to me whatsoever:
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12520
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5262

I want to backup my contacts and wipe everything else on my phone. Does this do that?
Your iOS device backup includes data and settings stored on your device. It doesn't include data already stored in iCloud. For example:
  1. Bookmarks
  2. Contacts
  3. Calendars
  4. Documents you save in iCloud using iOS apps and Mac apps
  5. Mail messages
  6. Notes
  7. Shared photo streams and My Photo Stream

So this implies iOS device backup does not include Contacts, so what does it include then? It says Contacts are already backed up by iCloud, yet the top-most link there says:
Back up manually

On your iOS device, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup, then tap Back Up Now.

Apple, you make no sense.

Welp that whole process of the manual backup was absolutely useless. It restored everything on my iPhone again as if it were backed up on iTunes. Useless piece of Bad Apple.

Time to waste another 10 minutes trying to figure out how to only back up my contacts.

10 minutes from my last edit and I figured it out. iCloud ≠ iCloud Backup despite iCloud backing up certain things that are not considered "backups."
They couldn't make this process any more confusing. Also iCloud claims to "backup" my settings....so far everything is restored to factory default. Time to waste another 30 minutes configuring every option in the Settings app, including all sub-sub-sub menus in the General settings and all the loopholes between the Privacy settings and everything under there that has their own settings outside of Privacy...... T_T

Oh, another loophole.
Settings -> Cellular -> Personal Hotspot is the exact same menu as Settings -> Personal Hotspot

And don't forget you need to have Location Services on to see the weather updates in Notification Center...because you can't just set a fixed location to find out weather updates, no way Jose, that would be too easy to setup.

Moar loopholes.
Settings -> Music -> Show All Music is the same setting as Settings -> iTunes and App Store -> Show All Music
Settings -> Videos -> Show All Videos is the same setting as Settings -> iTunes and App Store -> Show All Videos
Settings -> iCloud -> Photos are the same settings as Settings -> Photos & Camera

Heh, is there no way to sync your contacts to a Google account? That's what I've been doing on my Android phone since I started with Android four years ago and I've always had my contacts right back up on any new devices.

Daaayum... You should get it and let me know how it compares to the H3! :D

Trustworthy Canadians... Well the first one who comes to mind is @kalbee since he's bought stuff before for me in Japan and shipped it to me

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #134,097 of 177,744

http://www.ncix.com/detail/sony-mdrz7-ultimate-hi-res-headphones-d9-102838-1707.htm

and the Z7s are going for $530 CAD, which is about $470 USD. That's amazing!

..... Too bad I can't afford it right now. :frowning2:

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #134,098 of 177,744
Heh, is there no way to sync your contacts to a Google account? That's what I've been doing on my Android phone since I started with Android four years ago and I've always had my contacts right back up on any new devices.

Probably, but I don't trust Google with my info. XD
iCloud worked out in the end, I just need to press the refresh button in the Contacts app in the top-left corner after signing in to iCloud.
And no I don't store nude selfies with iCloud, never will.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/sony-mdrz7-ultimate-hi-res-headphones-d9-102838-1707.htm

and the Z7s are going for $530 CAD, which is about $470 USD. That's amazing!

..... Too bad I can't afford it right now. :frowning2:

Lol that marketing
At the 100kHz high-end, you¡¯ll be able to enjoy vocal melodies, subtle audio harmonics and tonality, giving your music more life and realism.

Or you know, the ultra-wide bandwidth can destroy the sound quality
http://www.extra.research.philips.com/hera/people/aarts/RMA_papers/aar07pu4.pdf
^ poorly worded paper but:
Our listeners also reported that when they were listening to the wider bandwidth, up to 100 kHz, of analog audio converted to digital, they would choose the low-sampling rate of digital audio as sounding more like the analog transmission.

These results seem to indicate that the ultra high-frequency content may not be necessary to reproduce audio that sounds more transparent. Supersonic content may contain noise-like artefacts that interfere with the perceived transparency of audio.

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #134,099 of 177,744

That's a really nice deal.
I would love to try them!

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #134,100 of 177,744
Why not just buy a new phone and then replace the screen on the old one and sell it for monies? XD

Daaayum... You should get it and let me know how it compares to the H3! :D

Trustworthy Canadians... Well the first one who comes to mind is @kalbee
since he's bought stuff before for me in Japan and shipped it to me

Ye called?
There's still tax though. 5% from NCIX I believe (no provincial taxes which would make it a total of 13~15%!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back