「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 18, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #134,132 of 177,744
But... the Oppo are boring. They literally put me to sleep. The PM1, it sounds rather slow and mellow even when the music calls for something else. YMMV of course.

I found the PM1 and PM2 to be too laid back for my tastes when I first heard them back in the spring. I heard them again last weekend with the new pads and they've had new life breathed into them. There's actually some sparkle up top that makes the sound more lively and enjoyable. I had completely ruled them out as a possible purchase until I heard them this weekend. I don't know when you heard the PM1 but if it's been a while you may want to give them another listen as the new pads are quite nice.

Oct 18, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #134,133 of 177,744
Maybe the difference would be like LCD-X vs LCD-XC which is more than welcomed if that is the case. I didn't like the LCD-X but prefer then LCD-XC if you are wondering.

Yeah, I heard you mention it awhile back that you liked the XC best out of the Audeze line. Hopefully we'll get a speedier can from Oppo, not that I'm complaining, I enjoyed my time with the PM-1s

Oct 18, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #134,135 of 177,744
Is the Z7 actually any good, or is it the flavour of the month like the seriously disappointing 1R was?

But the 1R is a seriously good ear-muff! Given that it didn't sound all that bad. :<

Oct 18, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #134,136 of 177,744
^ But the 1R is a seriously good ear-muff! Given that it didn't sound all that bad. :<

My text doesn't show up!

Oct 18, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #134,138 of 177,744
Z7 is probably gonna be an overall good can, but Jude making them out to be game changers (especially with his alluding to them being even better than the R10) really didn't do it any favors. The same thing happened with the Alpha Dog now that I think about it. You whip up this fervent fanbase that hangs on to every tiny little impression and when the phones finally make it out the to broader audience, people accept it for what it is and move on. Rinse, lather, repeat. Thankfully, Currawong has exhibited some more restraint and is taking a more levelheaded approach to evaluating them

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #134,142 of 177,744

When it comes to smartphone screen replacement, there are two types of people:

1. It's still cheaper than buying a new phone!
2. Might as well buy a new phone!

In other news, the iPad Air 2's screen will be very expensive to repair, because of its fully laminated display.

Why not just buy a new phone and then replace the screen on the old one and sell it for monies? XD

For most people, this would mean they'd have to transfer all their stuff over to the new phone, and go through the trouble of fixing the old one selling it, too. Unless they had upgrading in mind, this isn't very cost effective, as you'd end up spending more or less the same amount of money as a repair, which takes half an hour at most, and you don't have to do all the transfer stuff.

At the 100kHz high-end, you¡¯ll be able to enjoy vocal melodies, subtle audio harmonics and tonality, giving your music more life and realism.

Or you know, the ultra-wide bandwidth can destroy the sound quality
http://www.extra.research.philips.com/hera/people/aarts/RMA_papers/aar07pu4.pdf
^ poorly worded paper but:
Our listeners also reported that when they were listening to the wider bandwidth, up to 100 kHz, of analog audio converted to digital, they would choose the low-sampling rate of digital audio as sounding more like the analog transmission.

These results seem to indicate that the ultra high-frequency content may not be necessary to reproduce audio that sounds more transparent. Supersonic content may contain noise-like artefacts that interfere with the perceived transparency of audio.

So is there an uncanny valley of sound?

I don't even care about the original versions. This is all I need.

Yep. I don't think we're missing out on anything, when this is equally (if not more) awesome anyway!

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #134,143 of 177,744
There is a Japanese energy drink called Blackout God.
I don't even.....it's literally the hypest name ever.
Despite my deep-rooted dislike towards energy drinks, I would totally try one.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=22189787

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=29291865

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=36053611

Oct 18, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #134,144 of 177,744
  There is a Japanese energy drink called Blackout God.
I don't even.....it's literally the hypest name ever.
Despite my deep-rooted dislike towards energy drinks, I would totally try one.

Seems very hype. 

433d9ee4a-1.jpg

Oct 18, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #134,145 of 177,744

Users who are viewing this thread

Back