「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 10, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #123,361 of 177,750
  Just saw the dub of Attack On Titan episode 14.

Although there is the usual awkwardness of the VAs occasionally sounding like they're reading a script, it more than makes up for it with bouts of epic dialogue.

My favorite moment in the English dub so far is when Mikasa called her comrades worms!
bigsmile_face.gif

Is that the recap episode?

Aug 10, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #123,362 of 177,750
  Yea it functions as a color in the context of art. You can just buy black paint lol. Mixing colors will get you to a muddy almost but but never black enough black. But black black is very rarely used in painting from life anyway, and given the scientific aspect, it makes sense.

I never learned how black paint is made, come to think of it.

...The randomness of this thread would not be allowed anywhere else!
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #123,364 of 177,750

Ahhh gotcha. I'm still of the impression that those small reflections, if they hit the mech would still be absorbed so it would literally look like a flat black silhouette in a landscape, with maybe a halo around it to the human eye because of the strong  contrast if backlit.

Yea it functions as a color in the context of art. You can just buy black paint lol. Mixing colors will get you to a muddy almost but but never black enough black. But black black is very rarely used in painting from life anyway, and given the scientific aspect, it makes sense.

IT would be hard to note

In that if you were looking at it straight on, you would see a hazy image. Because do note. That since the mech is 3D. It is absorbing light particles from behind. And obviously light rays don't do curves or loops. So you wouldn't be able to see what would be normally behind it (covered by it). However, as light is reflecting still off of the enviroment and at multiple points in areas. (in where one must remember to note that light rays aren't a few lines pointing here and thereBUT rather a near infinite amount packed into a near infinite amount of space at a delay of infinitely small proprtions (that our eyes and brains won't be able to tell any delay). And that is how 'sight' works. 

It's hard for me to even know what this will truly look like if Aldnoah paarticles existed and could cover up a structure. But yeah, a haze using 'front' images but not seeing what is directly covered by the structure. 

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #123,368 of 177,750
Starting on Disk 1 of the FFXIII soundtrack. Current favorite: Those for the Purge.

Clannad OST didn't hit me as hard as before, maybe it's because it's been awhile since I watched it and a lot of scene are now fuzzy. Nostalgia aside 7/10 on overall quality

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #123,370 of 177,750

Not correct. 

I spent a good few minutes thinking about this. 

Light is radiant, it happens in rays. An infinitely many amount that shine, bounce, in all different directions in a near infinite consistency and time and spreads to pretty much anything possible. 

Black, or darkness like the black hole. Is a complete absence of light. But as a human, our eyes would only perceive it as 'black' if we were to see something that happened with the absence of light. 

But take this. The machine is a unit that is not a flat wall. It's aldnoah thingy mabob 'absorbs' light around the humanoid like shape. That shape is absorbing light from all directions.

And so the light doesn't become black. But rather, the light hits something, and just doesn't continue. Our sight sees the 'light rays' as they hit something, and then stop. There is no absence of light. Light is still there, but it is being absorbed. The infinitely many amount at an infinitely consistent time and thus there can't be an absence of light. As light that is absorbed is mearley being 'replaced' by the serially consective rays behind it.

so it is rather should be said that what you would see then is a lagged object of the last few things the light 'carried' or brought visible. You wouldn't see what was behind it as the light didn't reach there. And you wouldn't see nothing as light is being replaced infintely due to the fact that its a ray and that its being replaced at a rate that our eyes can't notice the lapses. 

And thus it would be the 'image' of the exact location right in front of what you see. Imagine you looking at a room's wall. You place a flat aldonoah board(with the aldnoah properties) through half the room slicing it in half. What you would then see is most likely no 'end' to the room but rather the room ending right where the board was with an image of the particles exactly there frozen in still time against the backboard. I don't know what it would look look look like. But I can describe it as but the particles that were last there right before the absorbing, and how our eyes, are perceiving it.

Let me see if I can get this around my head.....

Nope.... I don't get your point.....

Aaaaand this is why I never really liked Linux. Code:
Code:
 $ ./configure checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin12.5.0 checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin12.5.0 checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes checking for gcc... no checking for cc... no checking for cl.exe... no configure: error: in `/Users/Michelle/wine-1.7.23': configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH See `config.log' for more details

Thank you so much for telling me what I need to do. I know exactly how to fix the problem.....except not. -_-
I just want to install Wine damit. Why is it so difficult?

From the README file: Code:
Code:
 4. COMPILATION In case you chose to not use wineinstall, run the following commands to build Wine: ./configure make This will build the program "wine" and numerous support libraries/binaries. The program "wine" will load and run Windows executables. The library "libwine" ("Winelib") can be used to compile and link Windows source code under Unix. Mac OS X info: You need Xcode 2.4 or later to build properly on x86. The Mac driver requires OS X 10.6 or later and won't be built on 10.5.
Note: I have Xcode installed already. I didn't just spend 40 minutes downloading it or anything....

Just install using a package manager like homebrew or macports lol.

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #123,371 of 177,750
I'm with Boris on this one. They said that the coating itself absorbs any and everything, including electronic wave and light. The reason we see colors is due to the reflection of light bounces across objects, if it really does absorb all light, we would only see a black blot, no curves, no color, nothing.

Though I can see this being obscenely easy to exploit. Reason? If the entire armor is black and you find a small spot that is different, that's basically screaming "Here's my weakpoint" fight would have been over without going through the whole episode

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #123,372 of 177,750

Black is not a color (merely the absence of color), but can function as a color in the sense of human perception of pigments.
Unless I'm mistaken, you have to mix various colors together to get a black-looking paint, for example.

I'm pretty sure it depends on how you define "color"
wink.gif

For me, if you can represent it as a point in any R^3 color space then it's a color....
Black would be (0,0,0) in the RGB color space or V=0 in HSV.

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #123,375 of 177,750
Just install using a package manager like homebrew or macports lol.

I did it via compiling source code. It installed properly, but it couldn't run foobar.exe.

I just installed it via Macports and now it doesn't even recognise wine.
Code:
$ wine foobar2000_v1.3.3.exe
-bash: /usr/local/bin/wine: No such file or directory

All you do is
Code:
$ port install wine
right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back