「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 9, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #123,046 of 177,750
  I have two CrossfireX'd 7870 GHz Editions set at 1250mV w/ +4 Power Limit at a Coreclock of 1175MHz and a Memory Clock of 1355MHz. Basically, faster than the R9 270x and OC editions of it. Summer rig I own uses an i5 4430, 8GB DDR3 and Seagate and Samsung SSDs' in MBP. College rig uses AMD 965BE, 8GB DDR3, and Seagate SSD. Believe it or not, but the summer rig only costs around $550 for the SSD, GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU and motherboard and case all together. Mini ITX rig.

7,870 GHz?!
eek.gif
tongue.gif

If only my Alienware wasn't tiny with a horrible cooling system, I could use it as the gaming laptop it supposedly is.

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #123,048 of 177,750
  @SAO II 06

lol i just cant get over how this show is copying star wars to such an extent.....
cant wait till we find out that death gun is his dad or something...

Now that would be neat.

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #123,049 of 177,750
  @SAO II 06

lol i just cant get over how this show is copying star wars to such an extent.....
cant wait till we find out that death gun is his dad or something...

This is possibly my favorite image macro ever:

For what it's worth, seemingly every other show out there makes Star Wars references.

...Is it odd that I have fond feelings for Darth Vader? I might just watch my Star Wars DVDs now.

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #123,051 of 177,750

7,870 GHz?!
eek.gif
tongue.gif

If only my Alienware wasn't tiny with a horrible cooling system, I could use it as the gaming laptop it supposedly is.

It's the name.

Full name of the card is the AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition.
New full name of cards are AMD Radeon Rx 2xx (possible later extension)

The 7870 refers to the card name. GHz Edition is just AMD apendage meaning that something on the card is over 1GHz which in this case, is the memory clock. Some of the new R9 cards of the same variants sport higher mem clock but slower core clock as compared to their 7000x copatriots. 

Most graphics cards in production by Nvidia/AMD are single GPU graphics cards. During the 5000x class AMD cards and pre era. Dual GPU cards were very frequent. Until the new 295X2 came out recently and Nvidia's big ass new Titans. Dual GPUs were kinda scarce for a generation or two. But they are comming back en mass/force now again. 

I however said screw that and OC'd my 7870 GHz to 1250MHz core and 1355MHz Memory (5420 MHz 'combined' if you want the GDDR5 multiplier of 4). Anything above 1400MHz crashes the card. Most likely because 1400MHz is the ceiling that the memory will reach and that AMD specs indicated for my card. By using custom fan curves, power limit, and voltages. I can get this card running very well. The reasoning is that I did almost 100+ different clocks with mem and power configs for testing out during coin mining and so I perfected my rigs performance, stability at multiple settings.

Which is by far still higher than any manufacturer OC card available for both 7870 GHz or R9 270x. Mainly because manus don't like to do big overclocks at all. 

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #123,052 of 177,750

This is possibly my favorite image macro ever:

For what it's worth, seemingly every other show out there makes Star Wars references.

...Is it odd that I have fond feelings for Darth Vader? I might just watch my Star Wars DVDs now.

LOL

Illegal aliens? You mean to say there are legal ones???

Ohh Horrible subs.... I think google won this one....

Legal alien

It's the name.

The 7870 refers to the card name. GHz Edition is just AMD apendage meaning that something on the card is over 1GHz which in this case, is the memory clock. Some of the new R9 cards of the same variants sport higher mem clock but slower core clock as compared to their 7000x copatriots. 

I however said screw that and OC'd my 7870 GHz to 1250MHz core and 1355MHz Memory (5420 MHz 'combined' if you want the GDDR5 multiplier of 4). Anything above 1400MHz crashes the card. Most likely because 1400MHz is the ceiling that the memory will reach and that AMD specs indicated for my card. By using custom fan curves, power limit, and voltages. I can get this card running very well. The reasoning is that I did almost 100+ different clocks with mem and power configs for testing out during coin mining and so I perfected my rigs performance, stability at multiple settings.

Which is by far still higher than any manufacturer OC card available for both 7870 GHz or R9 270x. Mainly because manus don't like to do big overclocks at all. 

Overclocking is like, 1/2 the fun of getting new hardware.

Really? I see most rig here as pretty average tbh

Probably depends on the local area, most people in the thread are fairly affluent so a PC that they consider mid-range is like, OMG fast for 80% of the population who have i3s or Phenom IIs with an integrated GT540 or HD5350 and schiit.

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #123,053 of 177,750
  It's the name.

Most graphics cards in production by Nvidia/AMD are single GPU graphics cards. During the 5000x class AMD cards and pre era. Dual GPU cards were very frequent. Until the new 295X2 came out recently and Nvidia's big ass new Titans. Dual GPUs were kinda scarce for a generation or two. But they are comming back en mass/force now again. 

You did see the silly face to indicate it was a joke, right?

Thanks for the tech data, anyway.

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #123,056 of 177,750
  LOL

Legal alien

Overclocking is like, 1/2 the fun of getting new hardware.
Probably depends on the local area, most people in the thread are fairly affluent so a PC that they consider mid-range is like, OMG fast for 80% of the population who have i3s or Phenom IIs with an integrated GT540 or HD5350 and schiit.

I had a huge college rulled book with 2-3 pages filled with test clocks, mem, and voltage and power limits. Every line and more filled with them and the performance I would get from it while mining. 

But yeah, it's kinda fun

You did see the silly face to indicate it was a joke, right?

Thanks for the tech data, anyway.

Yeah, just wanted to go tech on ya

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #123,058 of 177,750
It seems like some pre-adolescence treehouse. 

LOL

Illegal aliens? You mean to say there are legal ones???

Ohh Horrible subs.... I think google won this one....

It's an American expression and in that sense, could be the preferred use if in proper context.

It's a little less PC these days apparently:

http://www.us-immigration.com/us-immigration-news/us-green-card/what-is-an-alien-registration-card/

It used to be a "Resident Alien" card but now it's a "Permanent Resident" card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back