「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 9, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #123,031 of 177,750
  I don't know why but i don't like calling these drones. I don't know when this started, i blame the military, but these are high end remote control toys. You don't put a camera on a remote control helicopter and call it a drone, but all of a sudden you add a few propellors and its a drone. 
rolleyes.gif

In other news, Amazon Prime Air will deliver packages via your friendly neighborhood drone...*ahem*, "unmanned aerial vehicles."

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #123,033 of 177,750
  Great posts!

Yea, I'm surprised places don't hide it within mounds of boilerplate. Makes me feel like there are laws which require it to be separate or at least precedent that will not side with the originator of the agreement if it's clearly meant to deceive the signer. 

And the legal system, at least in the US, is moving toward requirements that any contract to be signed without an attorney present should be in language that is easily enough understandable by the common consumer.

I'm one of those people that go through all these consumer agreements they are presented with. But honestly after reading enough of them, you can pretty much easily tell what you can skim and what you should really slow down and read. Went through the most recent PS3 software update contract in like 3-4 minutes, which is not exactly a huge inconvenience for piece of mind when (digitally) signing a legal contract.

No offense taken lol, I'm sure you're probably right. Going to california is something i'll probably do sooner than later. never been.

Admin at like all schools is messy. If you ever have a problem, don't even hesitate to ask to speak with a supervisor, or the supervisors supervisor.

Wait, tuition? I thought CU covered tuition? No more?

Try to hold off signing it and see if they notice... is what i'd probably do lol. If things are as messy as you say, they might not be on top of it.

Also, as a fellow NYer (ahem 
wink.gif
 you know who you are for this windy face) , allow me to extend a warm welcome and let me know if you need anything!

yea. no i was just saying i've seen it before in a different format. i found it for archival purposes 
tongue.gif

My goal is to lay low. Until the mess blows over...

It's half tuition now, :) which is why alot of the students are getting rowdy haha.

It'll be nice to have head-fi meets in NYC as well ( or somewhere in NY). 

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #123,034 of 177,750
Since they forgot to add the "s" and make it plural, the ad seems to be implying, "Hello, social outcast. We know you only have one lame friend, so why not let us be your friend instead?" Curse all these online games with ads of attractive images of females that have nothing to do with the game!

Hmm. I'm not too different from that guy. I would be a nice dictator, though. :p

But Shadaloo? *shudder* At least it can also be spelled as Shadowlaw.

This is cooler:

Pretty much that, a sad life...

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #123,035 of 177,750
On the Asus 660Ti, the cooler on it is superb.

Occulus Rift is closer than you think, DK1 was not great but with DK2 shipping. It is bound to happen. I am guessing 1.5 years.

Ahh I get what you want now.... But why not just run games at low... Lol

Can't wait to get my to gaming rig back together when school starts

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #123,036 of 177,750
  Latest aldnoah's episode end was awesome.

Need to watch the new Psycho-Pass and Tokyo ESP first...

In other news, Amazon Prime Air will deliver packages via your friendly neighborhood drone...*ahem*, "unmanned aerial vehicles."

Oh did you catch up to the news from six months ago? :D
Not gonna happen anytime soon, I think. That is such a complicated delivery option.

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #123,040 of 177,750

To me, for a UAV to be a drone, there needs to be a at least some indication or ability for autonomy on the part of the UAV. A small aircraft with longer range and a no line of sight for remote control doesn't make it a drone as far as I'm concerned. And you'll find varying definitions that do indicate the autonomous aspect must be present.

Sooooo, if the Amazon "drones" can make part of the flight solo, then by all means, drones. Also kind of excited to see that happen lol.

points for childhood reference identification. 

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #123,042 of 177,750
Oh did you catch up to the news from six months ago? :D Not gonna happen anytime soon, I think. That is such a complicated delivery option.

I never said it was breaking news; just a related topic.

We hope the FAA's rules will be in place as early as sometime in 2015. We will be ready at that time.

I think I heard about how they won't deliver directly to your door; there would merely be launching pad station thingies where they drop off to the delivery truck. =D

Wasn't that prohibited by the US government? Some crazy law about drones.

The FAA is actively working on rules and an approach for unmanned aerial vehicles that will prioritize public safety. Safety will be our top priority, and our vehicles will be built with multiple redundancies and designed to commercial aviation standards.

While drones are currently banned from delivering mail (but not from many other things), progress is being made to change things, so to speak.

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #123,044 of 177,750
  To me, for a UAV to be a drone, there needs to be a at least some indication or ability for autonomy on the part of the UAV. A small aircraft with longer range and a no line of sight for remote control doesn't make it a drone as far as I'm concerned. And you'll find varying definitions that do indicate the autonomous aspect must be present.

Sooooo, if the Amazon "drones" can make part of the flight solo, then by all means, drones. Also kind of excited to see that happen lol.

points for childhood reference identification. 

The basic distinction between any old UAV and a drone is that the latter is programmed to operate independently.

There are so many complications involved that it may not happen for some time, but the project is projected (pun!) as early as next year. And, umm...they would have to make the entire flight solo; otherwise, it would require a massive workforce of remote control tinkerers to deliver to all those eager customers. XD

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #123,045 of 177,750
You guys have amazing rigs...

I have two CrossfireX'd 7870 GHz Editions set at 1250mV w/ +4 Power Limit at a Coreclock of 1175MHz and a Memory Clock of 1355MHz. Basically, faster than the R9 270x and OC editions of it. Summer rig I own uses an i5 4430, 8GB DDR3 and Seagate and Samsung SSDs' in MBP. College rig uses AMD 965BE, 8GB DDR3, and Seagate SSD. Believe it or not, but the summer rig only costs around $550 for the SSD, GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU and motherboard and case all together. Mini ITX rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back