「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 9, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #122,956 of 177,750
  I mean know know, like: 

but what I'm actually curious about is, were the mp3 and lossless from the same source, i.e. from the same original and created by the same person? That large a difference just makes me lean toward a bad mp3 encode tbh. If that was any and all tracks, lossless vs 320kbps, no matter the source, different story maybe.

Just made this:

I may not be the meme master, but at least I can call myself the macro master!
biggrin.gif
(Wow...that sounds sort of like necromancer.)

It was probably a bad encoding. I'll leave it at that.

Slight alteration:

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #122,957 of 177,750

Just made this:

I may not be the meme master, but at least I can call myself the macro master!
biggrin.gif
(Wow...that sounds sort of like necromancer.)

It was probably a bad encoding. I'll leave it at that.

Haha, the original one i'd heard was along the lines of why would you take drugs in a hotel from a strange man you met on the internet.

But what if it wasn't?
I'm not gonna say "the one," but maybe the one.

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #122,958 of 177,750
  I'm curious, what do you guys think of this: http://cooper.edu/sites/default/files/uploads/assets/site/files/2013/student%20Copyright%20Release%20Form.pdf

that my school is trying to make me sign.

Isn't it worded a lil ominously?

Dayum.... a little omnious?

Obviously the majority of the times this will come up for them is in putting your 'works' into their magazines/ads/videos without a constant need to get approval.

But there  will be those rare eggs and times in where they practically jack your idea possibly.

It seems that these terms seem to include the entire 3-5 year period you will be a student there and even if you do it outside of the class, and during the summer...

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #122,959 of 177,750
  Haha, the original one i'd heard was along the lines of why would you take drugs in a hotel from a strange man you met on the internet.

But what if it wasn't?
I'm not gonna say "the one," but maybe the one.

lol, I edited the post with another version that looks/sounds a little better. If I added the Internet bit, it would be too much text at the top.

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #122,961 of 177,750

First off, serious congrats on Cooper Union!
Are you gonna be in NY?

secondly, bah. is that a condition of admittance, or if you'd been going there already lol, continued enrollment?

They made me sign one at work, which I continue to believe is a huge crock of ****. i did so begrudgingly.

sadly, this.

Haha thanks. Yea, NYC. (no offense to New Yorkers though, but California is still more comfortable)

Admin there is a mess really. Since all those student protests over free tuition and the more recent lawsuit attempt, I guess they're trying to crack down on stuff. The thing is, they say signing that document is a prerequisite for course selection (which doesn't matter since our foundation year is decided already) ... but this isn't the first time the admin has tried to BS it's way trying to make people sign stuff. Apparently everyone has to sign it, but this year's was more ominously worded. I prob won't sign it until it gets revised.
  Dayum.... a little omnious?

Obviously the majority of the times this will come up for them is in putting your 'works' into their magazines/ads/videos without a constant need to get approval.

But there  will be those rare eggs and times in where they practically jack your idea possibly.

It seems that these terms seem to include the entire 3-5 year period you will be a student there and even if you do it outside of the class, and during the summer...

Haha this was their response 

It is necessary. The form is so that we can feature pictures of student work/students working on the website.

but still... looks like a majority of the new students don't want to sign it, so we'll see how it goes from there.

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #122,962 of 177,750
  Haha thanks. Yea, NYC. (no offense to New Yorkers though, but California is still more comfortable)

Admin there is a mess really. Since all those student protests over free tuition and the more recent lawsuit attempt, I guess they're trying to crack down on stuff. The thing is, they say signing that document is a prerequisite for course selection (which doesn't matter since our foundation year is decided already) ... but this isn't the first time the admin has tried to BS it's way trying to make people sign stuff. Apparently everyone has to sign it, but this year's was more ominously worded. I prob won't sign it until it gets revised.

but still... looks like a majority of the new students don't want to sign it, so we'll see how it goes from there.

I was going to say that as an amateur photographer, release forms are standard procedure...but this is not a photograph release form; it gives them permission to steal the copyright of any creative work you produce during your time as their student. Better not write any music!
tongue.gif

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #122,963 of 177,750

The majority of people who READ it you mean 
biggrin.gif
. Lots of peple just sign schiit. 

Gonna be devils advocate here. If I was CU. I would make this diclosure LONG and boring as hell with lots of redundant terminology. If legal, probably place it as a 'combined' sign thing that students sign to waive everything. Allows for student to sign multiple waivers, make packets uber thick, and make sure that 99.999% never read it. Depending on state laws or how it would hold up in court, they can change it to another form. Courts in the U.S have legal proceedings that sometimes rely on 'common sense'. And so CU may lose a court battle if the judge finds such packets with multiple schiit to be clear evidence of not letting students know. And if so. CU could once again, make an ultra thick stupid redundant disclosure packet. However this time soley based off just this one waiver. Put a lot of marketing and plausable deniability in the title that alludes to being a waiver. Yet market-fying and studentfying the cover with happy smiling students in their college setting and CU arts in the background as they sit and have lunch with their multi cultural friends. Such independent packets on a topic generally (from what I can tell based off my internetz wisdom) hold up in court slightly better as single packets on a disclosure generally....are in a way can be attested to be negligence on the students own part if they sign it. 

Anyway. As a devils advocate. I will have to say bad move Cooper Union. Hide that schiit deep so people won't notice it. Obviously a paragraph paper being very blunt will get a lot of people worried. 

On the general student side view. **** You to schools that do this. 

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #122,964 of 177,750
  The majority of people who READ it you mean 
biggrin.gif
. Lots of peple just sign schiit. 

Gonna be devils advocate here. If I was CU. I would make this diclosure LONG and boring as hell with lots of redundant terminology. If legal, probably place it as a 'combined' sign thing that students sign to waive everything. Allows for student to sign multiple waivers, make packets uber thick, and make sure that 99.999% never read it. Depending on state laws or how it would hold up in court, they can change it to another form. Courts in the U.S have legal proceedings that sometimes rely on 'common sense'. And so CU may lose a court battle if the judge finds such packets with multiple schiit to be clear evidence of not letting students know. And if so. CU could once again, make an ultra thick stupid redundant disclosure packet. However this time soley based off just this one waiver. Put a lot of marketing and plausable deniability in the title that alludes to being a waiver. Yet market-fying and studentfying the cover with happy smiling students in their college setting and CU arts in the background as they sit and have lunch with their multi cultural friends. Such independent packets on a topic generally (from what I can tell based off my internetz wisdom) hold up in court slightly better as single packets on a disclosure generally....are in a way can be attested to be negligence on the students own part if they sign it. 

Anyway. As a devils advocate. I will have to say bad move Cooper Union. Hide that schiit deep so people won't notice it. Obviously a paragraph paper being very blunt will get a lot of people worried. 

On the general student side view. **** You to schools that do this. 

Haha our last hope to change the system would be this:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/save-cooper-union-legal-fund-to-donate-please-visit-www-savecooperunion-org

It'll be interesting to see how this goes :D.

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #122,965 of 177,750
On another unrelated/related note... everything important for me seems to be going on on August 15th

Looks like it is national Kagerou Project Day!

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #122,966 of 177,750
  Haha our last hope to change the system would be this:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/save-cooper-union-legal-fund-to-donate-please-visit-www-savecooperunion-org

It'll be interesting to see how this goes :D.

"workers of the world unite"

Unless this student movement really gains and becomes something that you feel in your heart, and something that resonates in everyone, it won't work. But on the chance that you can get it, is the moment you have won. 

Problem is. the former is overwhelmingly powerful against the latter of today. Especially in our further instituionalized and structured life. 

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #122,967 of 177,750
I'm curious, what do you guys think of this: http://cooper.edu/sites/default/files/uploads/assets/site/files/2013/student%20Copyright%20Release%20Form.pdf

that my school is trying to make me sign.

Isn't it worded a lil ominously?

Hm, I personally don't like this kind of stuff. It's like the university is taking your ideas and intellectual property with your permission, in this case, for eternity (so much for the "limited" nature of this agreement). What happens if you don't agree to this?

After all, this is America: Land of the Freeeeeee!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7-XSPRNBfU[/video]

^ I still have yet to watch this, actually

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #122,968 of 177,750
Good lawd.....Ness is absolutely terrible in Smash Bros. Melee. I had an extremely hard time beating level 9 computers with him. T_T

In this case, I actually like him in Brawl a lot more. His grab has very little reach in Melee as you basically stop short during a dash grab; his down and up smashes have barely any knockback and they have very slow startup and execution times; his attacks do very minimal damage; his n-air is probably his most useful attack for early/mid-damaged opponents compared to his f-air in Brawl.

Huuuuuuge props to this Ness user

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISZnwAIexfM[/video]

I didn't realise Ness is rank F G in the tier list (that's worse than F). I used to main as Goth Doctor Mario with dat electric stethoscope, or powerhouse Ganondorf.

Ness is definitely more balanced in Project M though.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Ness_%28PM%29

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #122,969 of 177,750
Good lawd.....Ness is absolutely terrible in Smash Bros. Melee. I had an extremely hard time beating level 9 computers with him. T_T

In this case, I actually like him in Brawl a lot more. His grab has very little reach in Melee as you basically stop short during a dash grab; his b-air has barely any knockback compared to Brawl; his attacks do very minimal damage; his n-air is probably his most useful attack for early/mid-damaged opponents compared to his f-air in Brawl.

Huuuuuuge props to this Ness user

I didn't realise Ness is rank F G in the tier list (that's worse than F). I used to main as Goth Doctor Mario with dat electric stethoscope, or powerhouse Ganondorf.

Ness is definitely more balanced in Project M though.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Ness_%28PM%29

You neeeeed to play EarthBound!

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #122,970 of 177,750

Users who are viewing this thread

Back