「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 3, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #121,981 of 177,750
Draw the Emotion is a pretty neat group! I like their style.

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #121,982 of 177,750
What was your opinion on the Nexus 5 again? Does it not have enough storage?

Yep. To me, 16 is too few, and the price increase to 32 is kind of hard to swallow. It is a Nexus though, so... But(t)

Short phone rant:
I also changed my mind again. Seeing that Moto X's successor should be around the corner, and Nexus 6 is kind of a thing now, and also around another corner, but I still need a new phone, I'm opting to go with a cheap phone first before graduating to the new Nexus or Moto X, depending on how they turn out. Would love to have an AMOLED-screened phone again. Love the active notification that I had years ago on my two Nokia phones.

Sigh. I was all ready to start and save money for a OPO 64, seeing as there's another grey market store selling it for cheaper. Oh well. Patience is a virtue.

Is Nexus the Android equivalent of the iPhone? There's so much buzz about it.
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/android-phones/1400475/nexus-6-specs-price-release-date-rumours

Moto X seems appealing to me in terms of the form factor. Nexus 6 is way too big for me if the rumours are true.
Wicks referred to the size as a "sweet spot" for phone displays, and argued that using a 1080p display like other recent high-end phones "would just suck battery and nobody would know the difference."

I like your thinking process. : p

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #121,983 of 177,750
  Not at all. This show is something that should not exist.

Wut? You are getting paid to write on all these sites?

Nope. Not currently 
confused_face.gif
or anything

Lol
I had an audiophile-like debate with my parents. My mom was complaining about the mountain of onions in her dish, so I asked:

Scientific me logic: do onions actually add flavour to a food dish if you don't eat the onions themselves?

Audiophile parents' logic: of course they do, they make it sweeter

Scientific me logic: do they though? If you made two identical dishes with the same proportions of ingredients but one has added onions, would you be able to tell the two apart in a taste test?

Audiophile parents' logic: .....
....yeah the one with onions should be sweeter

Scientific me logic: -_-

Like mentioned. To be fair. It's quite a bit different with food

Mainly when you 'cook' the extra stuff. If you just toss some raw onions into a finalized dish and do the A/B then yeah. You are right. But cooked/simmered/etc onions as part of the dish will indeed make a difference. 

@b1o2r3i4s5 @mechgamer123 @ThickGlasses @Tom Yum Goong @vantt1

The answer is... *drumroll*

Diva ("Blue") is the villain and Saya ("Red") is the heroine!

Some may argue that Blood+ has no villain or heroine; I beg to differ. Among Diva's crimes include raping and killing a teenage boy (later having his babies...) and attempting to exterminate/replace the human race. This more than qualifies her as a villain.

Although they are at odds with one another, they are twins nonetheless. Here is my tribute to their tragic kinship:

As a reward for your valiant efforts, I present to you the following magnificent opera piece from the series, entitled simply, "Diva". The ending is especially spectacular.

I still can't believe Hans Zimmer worked on this score

I last saw this anime a few y ears ago during a re-watch. It has held the test of time to say the least. 

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #121,984 of 177,750
Is Nexus the Android equivalent of the iPhone? There's so much buzz about it.

It's as close as you can get to an Android equivalent of the iPhone. Pure stock Google Android + hardware specified by Google. 

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #121,985 of 177,750
  I like the look of the omega headphone stands. This is the one I'm using.

The Woo Audio stands are also quite pretty. And there's a Head-Fi member who makes stands and other wood works on Etsy. Some samples below.

This one also doubles as a light.

Edit: Seems Tom and I have similar tastes. :p

Yikes :p

Won't do the headphone any good on that stand. Headband is going to get deformed, sooner or later.

+1
I just put headphones on some dampening cushion thingy and place a piece of cloth on top to cover from dust..

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #121,986 of 177,750
Dayuuiuumm

Blood+ is the only anime Hans Zimmer has ever scored....

Why? I mean, you are usuaully part of a project before hand. And while Blood+ did have some hype, it wasn't mega big or anything if I recall correctly? Just surprising is all. 

After hearing that, I need the OSt now. 

Aug 4, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #121,989 of 177,750
Before Pixiv:

After Pixiv:

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #121,992 of 177,750
Bah, I have no reason to upgrade to Mavericks/Yosemite. XD
Many of the "new features" are iOS lamezors stuff that I'll never use.

Yeah, by the looks of it, all Yosemite's gonna do is improve iOS integration. Since I have not a single iOS device, there isn't really any incentive for me to upgrade. BUT, if my Apple logo fades out again if I upgrade, I might as well.

I think Yosemite will be free too, no?
In that sense, and knowing it's still osx for the most part, why wouldn't you?

Safari, Spotlight and notification/widgets upgrades might be incentive beyond iOS integration. Send large email attachments via iCloud. PDF and image markup functionality within the OS. If it's stable and free, why not?

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #121,993 of 177,750
I think Yosemite will be free too, no?
In that sense, and knowing it's still osx for the most part, why wouldn't you?

Safari, Spotlight and notification/widgets upgrades might be incentive beyond iOS integration. Send large email attachments via iCloud. PDF and image markup functionality within the OS. If it's stable and free, why not?

I'd eventually upgrade to Yosemite, but I'd prefer it to be a clean installation, in which case I will have to gather my non-laziness to do so.

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #121,994 of 177,750
vwinter Love Hina was the first manga I ever bought, still have the full 14 volumes in a shelf. Great Love Comedy, the anime(both versions) as bad though.

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #121,995 of 177,750

Users who are viewing this thread

Back