「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 3, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #121,936 of 177,750

To @Idsynchrono_24 and others who were surprised I made so many posts since joining in December of last year...

mwahaha!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I am disappointed in you, me.

[Insert GIF here once it's uploaded]

What's Abyss?

A overpriced headphone.

It's also ugly.

I'm more disappointed in myself for not beating you to HS status! (hehe)

Such blasphemy...
tongue.gif

Looks abysmal, but I guess I'm not the first to use that pun.

Most people think it's ugly; I, on the other hand, think it's the most badass headphone ever!

By the way...I'm about to post the quiz answer, which I meant to do yesterday.

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #121,937 of 177,750
Oooh
https://www.facebook.com/ign/photos/a.119104781632.95409.59685491632/10152330036836633/?type=1&fref=nf

That game is pretty intense. I watched a walkthrough of it and I like the idea of choosing your own path.

Season 2 is pretty blah. Starts off pretty strong but dovetails pretty hard when all player agency is ripped from you. Season 1 was much better at giving you puzzles to solve and at least fostering the illusion of choice and consequence. It was an actual adventure game. Season 2 is basically a dressed up VN lol

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #121,938 of 177,750
Oooh
https://www.facebook.com/ign/photos/a.119104781632.95409.59685491632/10152330036836633/?type=1&fref=nf

That game is pretty intense. I watched a walkthrough of it and I like the idea of choosing your own path.

Season 2 is pretty blah. Starts off pretty strong but dovetails pretty hard when all player agency is ripped from you. Season 1 was much better at giving you puzzles to solve and at least fostering the illusion of choice and consequence. It was an actual adventure game. Season 2 is basically a dressed up VN lol

Oh psh, I didn't even read the thing. >.>

I meant I watched a playthrough of Season 1. Season 1 was really good, but I'm not sure about Season 2.

I also didn't see that this is for iOS devices only. Lame sauce...

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #121,939 of 177,750
Aug 3, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #121,940 of 177,750

To @Idsynchrono_24 and others who were surprised I made so many posts since joining in December of last year...

mwahaha!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Macs crash more often than you might think. 

My location says USA, so obviously, that means North America. People usually just say "American" when referring to US citizens.

What do Macs have to do with this?

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #121,941 of 177,750
Was playing Rage just now. Pretty nice game. But unfortunately I have this thing where once I start playing a game, I can't stop. Played for six consecutive hours now, and it's way past regular bed time. Ugh, why do I do this to myself?

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #121,942 of 177,750
Was playing Rage just now. Pretty nice game. But unfortunately I have this thing where once I start playing a game, I can't stop. Played for six consecutive hours now, and it's way past regular bed time. Ugh, why do I do this to myself?

I wanted to buy that game so many times when I saw it in stores. I still need to play through Twisted Metal and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City on PS3.

I'm the same way: once I start gaming, it's hard for me to stop, and before I know it, weeks/months have gone by.

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #121,944 of 177,750
I wanted to buy that game so many times when I saw it in stores. I still need to play through Twisted Metal and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City on PS3.

I'm the same way: once I start gaming, it's hard for me to stop, and before I know it, weeks/months have gone by.

Luckily I don't often feel like gaming. That way I don't end up in these kinda situations very often. Now it's summer vacation anyway, so it's alright to stay up late, but usually it ain't.

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #121,945 of 177,750
Macs crash more often than you might think. 

What version of OS X are you running? Mountain Lion only crashes for me when I have a bajillion Preview windows open and Firefox running Flash with YouTube videos when I was writing research papers (probably one of the worst times for it to crash too...).

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #121,947 of 177,750

I'm more disappointed in myself for not beating you to HS status! (hehe)

Such blasphemy...
tongue.gif

By the way...I'm about to post the quiz answer, which I meant to do yesterday.

I was about to say, we kind of had an unofficial race to HS status a while ago since we both joined in the same month, but I couldn't find the quote.

You certainly did beat me on these scoreboards:

Y4q7eWC.png
wI4iGis.png

B0wF4EA.png

The moment of truth...

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #121,948 of 177,750
I'm running OS X Yosemite and the OS hasn't crashed once since going beta. Only some of the apps that aren't yet compatible have. When I was running Mavericks I think I had it crash all of 2x and that was my own fault for screwing with system commands.

Oh nice. So Yosemite is really stable huh? I wasn't sure I wanted to make a new partition just to screw around in it. Running Mavericks right now. It's been bulletproof

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #121,949 of 177,750
Ugh so much postings. I rarely have the motivation to comment 10 + a day nowadays.

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #121,950 of 177,750

My location says USA, so obviously, that means North America. People usually just say "American" when referring to US citizens.

What do Macs have to do with this?

I was making a GIF on my Mac, and it crashed. So I quickly threw together another one.

Yeah, I thought as much. It was to differentiate from South Americans, but people usually refer to US citizens as Americans anyway, hence the (?).

What version of OS X are you running? Mountain Lion only crashes for me when I have a bajillion Preview windows open and Firefox running Flash with YouTube videos when I was writing research papers (probably one of the worst times for it to crash too...).

Mavericks. Every time I open the lid, waking it from sleep, the whole screen displays an image of white noise for half a second before displaying the login dialog, and when I close the lid the Apple logo on the lid no longer fades out, but instead just turns off instantly.  

I'm running OS X Yosemite and the OS hasn't crashed once since going beta. Only some of the apps that aren't yet compatible have. When I was running Mavericks I think I had it crash all of 2x and that was my own fault for screwing with system commands.

Hopefully Yosemite sorts out all those sluggish animations, or at least gives you a toggle. Every drag and drop operation is followed by a brief pause, which slows everything down for me. The full screen animation is also unnecessarily slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back