「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 16, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #117,976 of 177,750
I found a YouTube video that has aamml in the URL ^o^
An absolutely amazing one, to say the least.
We should really put this into the first post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz-aamMl-0g

Just type this into Google :p
allinurl:thewordyouwanttolookfor site:youtube.com/watch

I'm bored.

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #117,977 of 177,750
My iPhone 4S is going strong still. Jailbreaking it really makes it bearable though since the iPhone by itself is lackluster...

How long have you had it, from launch?

How you finding Splinter Cell OMG pls give me good news Nyaha!!!!! :grimacing:

Blood-C Panda... Chan :3

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #117,978 of 177,750
My iPhone 4S is going strong still. Jailbreaking it really makes it bearable though since the iPhone by itself is lackluster...

How long have you had it, from launch?

How you finding Splinter Cell OMG pls give me good news Nyaha!!!!! :grimacing:

Blood-C Panda... Chan :3

It got it a year after launch, so in 2012. I'm hoping to get an Android phone after this since I don't like how light the iPhone 5/5S/6 are/will be (sometimes I attach the JDS Labs C5 to my iPhone to add more weight). XD

I have yet to install Windows on my computer, so I haven't been able to play it yet unfortunately. T_T
I've been organising my files and re-tagging my music...which takes me an awful long time since I'm so picky with things.

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #117,979 of 177,750
Great. ******* great.

KissAnime.com lost most of their non-recent videos due to ****.

Yes, let the "torrent master race!!!11!!1" comments roll.
Rub it in, please!
Done?
Okay, any ideas where I can stream or download (not torrent) older stuff like Katanagatari and Serial Experiment Lain (found that one on YT in good quality but maybe there are better ones out there) in HD?
I already tried fluffy.is but the videos just won't stop buffering and the downloads are like 50kb/s.

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #117,980 of 177,750

Meh, depends on how you look at it or use it
  I found a YouTube video that has aamml in the URL ^o^
An absolutely amazing one, to say the least.
We should really put this into the first post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz-aamMl-0g

Just type this into Google :p
allinurl:thewordyouwanttolookfor site:youtube.com/watch

I'm bored.

Beware of False prophets lol. Sounds like a FMA thing
It got it a year after launch, so in 2012. I'm hoping to get an Android phone after this since I don't like how light the iPhone 5/5S/6 are/will be (sometimes I attach the JDS Labs C5 to my iPhone to add more weight). XD

I have yet to install Windows on my computer, so I haven't been able to play it yet unfortunately. T_T
I've been organising my files and re-tagging my music...which takes me an awful long time since I'm so picky with things.

I was in your predicament a while back. Never trully personally used Android. Always testing other phones, watching videos on how it worked etc. Then I personally got one, and my mother got the s5 (that I use a lot) and I gotta say.

It ain't for me. 

I use my phone for very very basic stuff.

Internet. 
Phone
Messaing
A Game here and there
Basic Apps

I don't care for anything else. Don't know why, but I've noticed that this is literally my life. My phone needs to work easilly, and like a consumers. I thought having fancy gadgets, settings, and uber control would be awesome and make this easier. It doesn't. Rather, it gives you menus that pop up annoyingly, massive menu and setting systems, and just annoyances of continuously toying with stuff.

I need my phone to just work. Like a mainstream consumer. Hence why I prefer vanilla iOS. 
  Great. ******* great.

KissAnime.com lost most of their non-recent videos due to ****.

Yes, let the "torrent master race!!!11!!1" comments roll.
Rub it in, please!
Done?
Okay, any ideas where I can stream or download (not torrent) older stuff like Katanagatari and Serial Experiment Lain (found that one on YT in good quality but maybe there are better ones out there) in HD?
I already tried fluffy.is but the videos just won't stop buffering and the downloads are like 50kb/s.

trrnt muster race!

Nyaa, Bakabt, and....the darker side

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #117,982 of 177,750
The real question is: Why did you go with any of the gazillion phones Samesung makes?

'cos he's a cool kid, like me.

Boooo...

Why don't you have one already?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-recommendation-benchmark,3269.html

The real question is: Why did you go with any of the gazillion phones Samesung makes?

Besides the main line of phones, the S#, the others are for niche users or those that don't know better about how hard they are getting gimped. 

As are their flagships, I don't get what peeps see in the S# phones...

So you people say that Samsung smartphones are bad?

What kind of phones are the cool kids buying nowadays?

Don't tell me the One Plus :p

Literally anything other than Samesung.

No, but I plan to read it soon.

Ahh gatcha

Brotherhood is an alternative version, not a sequel.

[rule]So you people say that Samsung smartphones are bad?

What kind of phones are the cool kids buying nowadays?

Don't tell me the One Plus :p

They aren't bad. The reviews pretty much have it right on them. And unlike most armchair smartphone opinionairs. I actually have the S5.

Its a good flagship, but doesn't really blow anything out of the water. And Samsung is very terrible in its gimmicks. The majority of its 'air' functions and sensors and fingerprint stuff don't work well if at all reliabily. Not to mention that it has native app crashes A LOT, and since it is Android based, it has a LOT of redundant programs that do the same thing.  Basically Android, Samsung, and ATT all loaded apps and there are apps that come with the phone that do the same schiit and is annoying when my mom doesn't know What to use or is going on or why something isn't doing it the same way. 

I've been personally using Android for about 1.5 years now so I'm not an armchair smartphone opinionaire. And my opinion of it is, is that the consumer roots are hella bad. Many of you know this already, but it doesn't make for good compairoins when you talk about a phone and don't include its native OS. Yes, other roots are good, but its not a fair compairson against other companys like Apple when you do that.

And so on a native scale, Android is hella schiit. Samsung, the premier Android smartphone pusher-outers OS barely works. It crashes like hell, and gives you convuleted options that are too many and don't actually do what you want. It also has some slight usability issues in quickly swaping screens, doing other stuff. Hell, half the time, you keep doing and pressing schiit you didn't mean to press. Mainly due to the screen size, and the touch buttons on the bezel.

My rant on Android. iOS isn't perfect as well, but thats a rant for another time.

Cool kids are buying ole Nokias. Duh

Armchair smartphone opinionare? What???
Yes, most of their gimmicks are gimmicky, you don't say. This is why we can't have nice things... Samsung and carriers throw their schiit on the phones instead of letting Google's apps take care of things.

Chase's S4 is so broken that it won't save the home button default actions (keeps asking if he wants the built in launcher or the replacement one he uses that mimics AOSP). In my almost 4 years of using Android phones, all the way back to 2.1, I've never ever came across a bug that was so stupid or inhibiting to using a device

There's also a persistent notification that tells you you're connected to Wi-Fi... WHY?!?! COULDN'T I JUST SEE THAT I'M ON WIFI BY LOOKING AT THE WIFI ICON IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER??? /rant

What do you mean my consumer roots and other roots???

Don't mistake Samsung crap with Android as a whole dude... Android in its native form is excellent, never crashes, and is super nice.

Newer phones on Android are known to not be as stable...as the obviously older ones. 

This is not true. At all. At all at all. Again, get your **** together and realize pure, stock android is way different than those terribad skins that oems ship with their phones. I've been running a custom ROM (theoretically less stable than stock due to all the modifications and extra settings, tweaks, etc) on 4.4.4 (latest version) and other than the Google Now app (the siri clone thing) crashing until I updated Google play services, I haven't had a single system app crash, and the only app in general I've crashed was due to poor coding on that developer's part.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #117,983 of 177,750
Boooo...
As are their flagships, I don't get what peeps see in the S# phones...
Literally anything other than Samesung.
Armchair smartphone opinionare? What???
Yes, most of their gimmicks are gimmicky, you don't say. This is why we can't have nice things... Samsung and carriers throw their schiit on the phones instead of letting Google's apps take care of things.

Chase's S4 is so broken that it won't save the home button default actions (keeps asking if he wants the built in launcher or the replacement one he uses that mimics AOSP). In my almost 4 years of using Android phones, all the way back to 2.1, I've never ever came across a bug that was so stupid or inhibiting to using a device

There's also a persistent notification that tells you you're connected to Wi-Fi... WHY?!?! COULDN'T I JUST SEE THAT I'M ON WIFI BY LOOKING AT THE WIFI ICON IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER??? /rant

What do you mean my consumer roots and other roots???

Don't mistake Samsung crap with Android as a whole dude... Android in its native form is excellent, never crashes, and is super nice.
This is not true. At all. At all at all. Again, get your **** together and realize pure, stock android is way different than those terribad skins that oems ship with their phones. I've been running a custom ROM (theoretically less stable than stock due to all the modifications and extra settings, tweaks, etc) on 4.4.4 (latest version) and other than the Google Now app (the siri clone thing) crashing until I updated Google play services, I haven't had a single system app crash, and the only app in general I've crashed was due to poor coding on that developer's part.

Armchair smartphone opinionaire = Hasn't actually owned and personally used

I was referring to the custom 'OS's that people instal on rooted phones. Said it wrong. 

There isn't a real native Android however. And Samsung is pretty much the premier Android shiper outter. Haven't used any new Google/Moto based phones so I can't say. 

It's not really the crashes that make me not like it. It's just how the system is in general. Way too flamboyant, flashy, and 'open'. HOWEVER, I do note that there are ROMs that mimick a minimal style that fit me, and hence what makes Android a jewel for many.

Despite the hours I've spent rooting my tablets, installing launchers, settings, unbricking it sometimes, making a custom fastboot data cable for manufacturer access, and writting custom drivers for my Android tablet(I kid you not on this, I had to write a custom driver for my Kindle to get ADB working) . It just isn't 'me'. At the end of the day, I go back to my vanilla iOS and I like it. Mainly because I don't have to think, it just works, and pretty much just does everything I need.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #117,984 of 177,750
Jul 16, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #117,985 of 177,750

I used to think the iPhone 4 was a good weight/thickness and going lighter/thinner wouldn't be liked, I've changed my mind. All I ask is it feels sturdy, enough that if I tried to torque it, I would think "God da*it that's what I'm talking bout homie, engineering magic. Do you guys have a paypal account? I'll send ya more money cuz that's how much I appreciate y'all bringing this beauty into existence!"

I don't know how much battery life would be gained keeping the size and using the extra space for a bigger batt but I always found this worth considering.

I understand, will check back with you at a later time.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #117,986 of 177,750
  Well if you say it's too shounen for you, I can't really see myself enjoying it :/

Oh great, another anime hoarder :p

Multiple TB full of music....how?! You must have paid thousands of Dollars to purchase all this stuff legally.

Video files? Ones that are not on YouTube? Multiple TB of that?

All these hoarders!

Nooo! Anyone who even calls his-or-herself an anime fan must watch FMAB! :'(

I'm an entrepreneur who has invested tens of thousands of dollars into my music collection (sadly, before I got into the audiophile side of things) and thousands more into my education. Think high-end marketing courses to help out with ad campaigns.

Should I watch it even if I haven't finished the original Full Metal Alchemist? I got kind of bored with FMA and searching for the Sorcerer's Stone or whatever Harry Potter was looking for too.

Yes, absolutely. It is far superior. However, the first FMA anime does have some good episodes - just more filler to work through. It's the Philosopher's Stone, for the record.

Brotherhood is an alternative version, not a sequel.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is faithful to the manga, whereas the first Fullmetal Alchemist mostly had its own story.

No. If you don't like the original enough to even finish it, then don't bother with the other one. It's mostly the same anime, albeit a good bit better.

It's only "mostly the same" near the beginning. Everything else is different.

Hm, mmk. I've seen some of the fight scenes on YouTube like with Bleach and One Piece and they look really good compared to what I remember with FMA. XD

The battles in Brotherhood are epic. Much better than most anime battles I've seen.

I got to episode 3 BTW but not feeling it. It might be the fact I'm watching using dubs but it's probably just cuz I don't feel like watching anime atm.

I thought you guys were hardcore anime fans, like far more than me. I told you to be sure and watch all 12 episodes. (Episodes 6, 9, and 12 are the only ultra-violent ones.) Make no assumptions and judge something only after you've actually seen it.

ep 3 of what?

I know he already told you it's Blood-C, but this is why it is advantageous to properly use quotes in replies. Then again, I thought you had already went back and read the posts you missed, considering how active you are here.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #117,987 of 177,750

Nooo! Anyone who even calls his-or-herself an anime fan must watch FMAB! :'(

I'm an entrepreneur who has invested tens of thousands of dollars into my music collection (sadly, before I got into the audiophile side of things) and thousands more into my education. Think high-end marketing courses to help out with ad campaigns.

Oh trust me, I will watch it. Right now it's just not that high on my to-watch list :wink:

I can't really tell if you are serious.....

Since YouTube has a really good version to offer, I started watching Serial Experiments Lain.
Wow. I'm speechless. In a totally positive way.
Right up my alley.

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #117,989 of 177,750

I'm relieved to know. Quite serious. It's not a big deal. Just look at the crazy stuff I want to accomplish in my wish list thread!

Your wishlist is a compilation of the most expensive audio gear in existence :|
Even if I had the money to buy all this stuff, I never ever would. But that's just me :3
Best of luck to you and your company/career!
Once you have the Dark Star Opulence, please buy me a jet so I can fly over and give it a good listen.

Still waiting for your Metal list thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back