「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 27, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #116,131 of 177,750
I am in Hong Kong at the moment, saw the bus outside Peninsula hotel.

So you'll be around for the July 1 protests?

Jun 27, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #116,132 of 177,750
Sidonia, NGNL and Chaika are a few 2nd seasons I'm looking forward to. Not as hyped about SAO 2 as I expected, P4GA is a half-and-half on hype for me

Chaika +1

It says about $300 shipping it to Mexico on their website. Sent them a message. My fruend says she's worried more about the duties then the tax but told me to contact my CBP office. :confused:

No PT on Steam!

Jun 27, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #116,133 of 177,750

I don't get the Chinese part of it?

Cheap and worthless?

Maybe because of the red star?

You're thinking yellow star. Red star was something w/ Russia, Bolshevism, or something else. Sure it's Communist, but it's not China.

It's both yellow and red!

Jobs and stuff.

Yep. 

I went ahead and bought ACIV and I get more cheap and worthless Chinese junk. XD

^ It's worth a whole 19 cents!

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #116,136 of 177,750
http://shanghaiist.com/2014/06/27/football-players-tattoos.php 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #116,137 of 177,750
YouTube gets 60 FPS videos soon*.

Also, supposedly the Kotaku article about it links to a GAF thread. :p

Great news!

Is that a problem?

I highly disagree with the headline.
http://kotaku.com/no-game-no-life-is-a-must-watch-for-any-gamer-1596865091/all
The comment section is making me proud.

Jun 27, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #116,139 of 177,750
I am in Hong Kong at the moment, saw the bus outside Peninsula hotel.

Aww, I thought it was here in Msia. Lol

I highly disagree with the headline.

While the title is rather overblown, I do find the people screaming "weaboo weaboo" and nitpicking at the fanservice to be pointless, especially considering how most of them never got to the actual meat of the story, instead, watch 1 episode "OMG Fanservice loli schiit, time to go online and bash it into oblivion." 2nd comment actually made some sense on the matter instead of being pure flamebait, Jibril's battle was one of my favourite moments in the series. A similar example would be those who pick up Higurashi and get bored before it actually gets to the mindf***, sorry but I would never take anyone like that seriously.

Jun 27, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #116,140 of 177,750
Been in library, there were some mangas there, so I read Eden: It's An Endless World! (4 volumes out of 18. Sadly, they didn't have more).

Damn, I want to read the rest now. If someone didn't read it, so far I strongly recommend it.

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #116,141 of 177,750
While the title is rather overblown, I do find the people screaming "weaboo weaboo" and nitpicking at the fanservice to be pointless, especially considering how most of them never got to the actual meat of the story, instead, watch 1 episode "OMG Fanservice loli schiit, time to go online and bash it into oblivion." 2nd comment actually made some sense on the matter instead of being pure flamebait, Jibril's battle was one of my favourite moments in the series. A similar example would be those who pick up Higurashi and get bored before it actually gets to the mindf***, sorry but I would never take anyone like that seriously.

Don't you know that it's super cool to boast about one's superior taste in anime, by looking down on fan service in an entertainment medium that has adult entertainment as part of it's ethos?

Oh wait....

Maybe it's actually about the irrational need to justify the mere fact that one watches anime, because anime is viewed as childish or risqué by the general public. "Nah bro, don't lump me in with those pathetic losers who enjoy ecchi shows, I'm all about the 2deep4u story"

Or maybe people have become so impatient that they demand a thought-provoking paradigm-shifting series every single season, while blinded by the fact that ecchi series pay the bills to make the interesting shows they like, all the while downloading said anime on line without supporting the producers.

Ugh, something something about people feeling entitled has left me in despair!

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #116,142 of 177,750
Great news!

Is that a problem?

[rule]I highly disagree with the headline.

So ordering that bike with a custom NGNL skin is provably a bad idea..... :confused:

I can't figure out a way to clap to this without my hands exploding.

OMG!

I have 3G on my phone at home, finally!

Goodbye comcast you money vamps!

P.S Shinobu cuter loli then Shiro, here are your swords gentlemen.

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #116,143 of 177,750
So ordering that bike with a custom NGNL skin is provably a bad idea..... :confused:
I can't figure out a way to clap to this without my hands exploding.

OMG!
I have 3G on my phone at home, finally!

Goodbye comcast you money vamps!

P.S Shinobu cuter loli then Shiro, here are your swords gentlemen.

Sooo how did you stream before this? Anything under 3G is utter crap here, and I would have probably killed myself if I had to watch a video on my phone.

That's called flapping, and you'd only lift several feet of the ground, no exploding necessary.

One's a adorable kid and the other a supercomputer in the form of a loli. I find them both to be equally cute.

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #116,144 of 177,750

Don't you know that it's super cool to boast about one's superior taste in anime, by looking down on fan service in an entertainment medium that has adult entertainment as part of it's ethos?

Oh wait....

Maybe it's actually about the irrational need to justify the mere fact that one watches anime, because anime is viewed as childish or risqué by the general public. "Nah bro, don't lump me in with those pathetic losers who enjoy ecchi shows, I'm all about the 2deep4u story"

Or maybe people have become so impatient that they demand a thought-provoking paradigm-shifting series every single season, while blinded by the fact that ecchi series pay the bills to make the interesting shows they like, all the while downloading said anime on line without supporting the producers.

Ugh, something something about people feeling entitled has left me in despair!

+All of my points.

While I enjoy a deep plot and story, I also enjoy pointless SoL a great deal too, and if someone enjoys ecchi and fanservice shows, as long as it doesn't mean other shows get sidelined, why not?

Trying to separate the sexual side of Japan from animes is like trying to separate oil from water with your hands, end of the day all you're getting is frustration and a lot of cursing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back